Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vigilante']Just be patient. My DS3 transaction appeared then "cleared" without the 1000 RZ points showing, but they showed up earlier this week out of nowhere. Only start to worry if the points still haven't appeared 30-35 days after you picked up the game.[/QUOTE]
30 days is way too long to wait. If I were to take advantage of this, I'd probably put the $20 cert towards another pre-order.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']is this "new" return/exchange/pm policy officially posted somewhere yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope, when I was at my Best Buy that has never done me wrong I was talking to the CSR and I asked him when was it going to go public and he said on the 3rd. As in the day the new policy goes into effect is the day they are going to tell people officially, they won't get "advance warning"

[quote name='Gamer SDP']is this "new" return/exchange/pm policy officially posted somewhere yet?[/QUOTE]i'd expect it to be posted on BB.com early next week.

[quote name='diplo']Since they changed the return policy, they should allow us to get the $20 certificate in 14 days instead of 30 lol[/QUOTE]Actually, I guess it won't be too much longer before more pts promos will post INSTANTLY upon completion of the purchase. It's just a matter of them putting the final touches on it.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/1023/page/1#comments

[quote name='diplo']Since they changed the return policy, they should allow us to get the $20 certificate in 14 days instead of 30 lol[/QUOTE]

they probably will make it 15 days in the future once their policy goes into effect, probably the next time they do these $20 deals

[quote name='Enuf']

Actually, I guess it won't be too much longer before more pts promos will post INSTANTLY upon completion of the purchase. It's just a matter of them putting the final touches on it.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/1023/page/1#comments[/QUOTE]

where does it says they're putting the final touches on it? All I see is the guy said he would look into it, but that was over 7 months ago.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']where does it says they're putting the final touches on it? All I see is the guy said he would look into it, but that was over 7 months ago.[/QUOTE]I pm BB mods regarding status updates when needed. Nothing moves "fast" with BB since it's uch a large company but most of my ideax threads have moved beyond "tell us more". This one is "under review" & there's been ideas that weren't updated to "under construction" just popped up as "We did it".

BB is a "patterned" company so follow the pattern/tea leaves you can generally "read" them. Like this whole pm change it has little to do with the pm'ing & more to do with renters but it's all getting grouped together. This also is a reaction to them ending restocking fees when the old policy was updated.

Here's the two primary classic examples,

A person(s) goes on vacation & wants to take pics of course but they don't wanna use their old camera or phone. So they buy an expensive digital camera/camcorder on their credit card. They use it all throughout their trip & once they get back & upload their pics they return item. Now BB has to discount the item by at least 10% just to get rid of it.

Basically, everytime there's a big TV event like the Superbowl they get tons of people who buy the big screen TV with all the extras & enjoy it to the fulliest then they return everything. Now once again BB has to sell it for at least 10% off just to get rid of it.

They didn't get any extras like warranties since the people had no interest in actually keeping the items in the 1st place. Customers who were willing to spend on a big ticket item of that nature will generally still buy it new since there's no way for them to "know" it was just "rented" thus in order to get them to buy it the discount will usually need to be more than 10% b/c they will most certainly grab the warranty.

Not sure if you've noticed but there's been a large focus on moving the open box items recently & this is why. BB hasn't quite figured a way to keep the no restocking fees & still protect themselves effectively. The policy will help a little but they've left themselves open on the backend, I'd expect to see this new policy adjusted w/i 3-6 months b/c of it. There will also be a negative effect from the pm which will hurt them as well & that might change again too once they see it hurt more than help.

They need to stop leaving money on the table in other places & make GC profitable by following some of the better ideas that have been presented to them previously.

[quote name='Enuf']I pm BB mods regarding status updates when needed. Nothing moves "fast" with BB since it's uch a large company but most of my ideax threads have moved beyond "tell us more". This one is "under review" & there's been ideas that weren't updated to "under construction" just popped up as "We did it".

BB is a "patterned" company so follow the pattern/tea leaves you can generally "read" them. Like this whole pm change it has little to do with the pm'ing & more to do with renters but it's all getting grouped together. This also is a reaction to them ending restocking fees when the old policy was updated.

Here's the two primary classic examples,

A person(s) goes on vacation & wants to take pics of course but they don't wanna use their old camera or phone. So they buy an expensive digital camera/camcorder on their credit card. They use it all throughout their trip & once they get back & upload their pics they return item. Now BB has to discount the item by at least 10% just to get rid of it.

Basically, everytime there's a big TV event like the Superbowl they get tons of people who buy the big screen TV with all the extras & enjoy it to the fulliest then they return everything. Now once again BB has to sell it for at least 10% off just to get rid of it.

They didn't get any extras like warranties since the people had no interest in actually keeping the items in the 1st place. Customers who were willing to spend on a big ticket item of that nature will generally still buy it new since there's no way for them to "know" it was just "rented" thus in order to get them to buy it the discount will usually need to be more than 10% b/c they will most certainly grab the warranty.

Not sure if you've noticed but there's been a large focus on moving the open box items recently & this is why. BB hasn't quite figured a way to keep the no restocking fees & still protect themselves effectively. The policy will help a little but they've left themselves open on the backend, I'd expect to see this new policy adjusted w/i 3-6 months b/c of it. There will also be a negative effect from the pm which will hurt them as well & that might change again too once they see it hurt more than help.

They need to stop leaving money on the table in other places & make GC profitable by following some of the better ideas that have been presented to them previously.[/QUOTE]
Judging by the good prices they offer on cowboom and most CAGs receiving near new merchandise, this explains why the sudden kneejerk reaction to shrink the return policy down to 15 days across the board.

I agree that people abuse the return policy (and the exchange/warrenty), but this doesn't explain the change to the price adjustment. That seemed like the ace in the whole for them. I previously only bought electronics through Best Buy because it felt safe in the event of a price drop or future sale. Now, i'd rather go to Target and use my red card and their policy.

[quote name='nbballard']I agree that people abuse the return policy (and the exchange/warrenty), but this doesn't explain the change to the price adjustment. That seemed like the ace in the whole for them. I previously only bought electronics through Best Buy because it felt safe in the event of a price drop or future sale. Now, i'd rather go to Target and use my red card and their policy.[/QUOTE]

I blame the video game $20 preorder deals. You buy a game for $60 get $20 in points and then price match it to a store like amazon or target for $40 2-3 weeks later. You just bought a $60 game for $20+ tax

They are losing a ton of money from that and I don't blame them at all for changing their policy, something had to be done.

[quote name='nbballard']I agree that people abuse the return policy (and the exchange/warrenty), but this doesn't explain the change to the price adjustment. That seemed like the ace in the whole for them. I previously only bought electronics through Best Buy because it felt safe in the event of a price drop or future sale. Now, i'd rather go to Target and use my red card and their policy.[/QUOTE]the suits grouped both pms/returns together. They should've just adjust the policy by item not across the board like other retailers.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I blame the video game $20 preorder deals. You buy a game for $60 get $20 in points and then price match it to a store like amazon or target for $40 2-3 weeks later. You just bought a $60 game for $20+ tax

They are losing a ton of money from that and I don't blame them at all for changing their policy, something had to be done.[/QUOTE]games are a drop in the bucket for them u never see it or media mentioned in the earnings reports. Plus, they could make GC profitable before 1 game is sold. The $20 + pm wouldn't matter

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I blame the video game $20 preorder deals. You buy a game for $60 get $20 in points and then price match it to a store like amazon or target for $40 2-3 weeks later. You just bought a $60 game for $20+ tax

They are losing a ton of money from that and I don't blame them at all for changing their policy, something had to be done.[/QUOTE]

And if you pre-order Dead Island Riptide its's only 50 dollars to begin with.

They are losing a ton of money from that and I don't blame them at all for changing their policy, something had to be done.[/QUOTE]

I believe you severely overestimate how many average shoppers are even aware of pricematching, never mind use it.

They should find a way to build that cost into other things instead of taking away positive stuff, or cutting costs wherever they can.though I guess they have been closing a good amount of stores.

Both shopping centers near me have a best buy and a best buy mobile, maybe they should move all phone stuff to those locations. Maybe open smaller stores like mobile that focus on games, movies and media and accessories?

Couldn't they charge a restocking fee for big items that are returned and opened, unless there is something wrong with it

[quote name='sninh']Couldn't they charge a restocking fee for big items that are returned and opened, unless there is something wrong with it[/QUOTE]

They could but you see the flaw in your plan?

People will just destroy shit and say "something's wrong with it!"

I have pricematched often at two very high volume BB stores for the past 10 years.

The CS manager said there was only one guy who they would see more than once.

Pricematching just doesn't happen that often.

This policy is because of the POS people in this country who were using BB as a rental service.

I still don't see my 1000 reward points for Dead Space 3. Almost 30 days already. Never pricematch, but I did pay it off with gift card entirely. If it was last year, I would have received the points already since I preordered the game so early.

Have you ever talked to BB sales and/or CS employees before you drew this conclusion?

These savvy CAG maneuvers seldom happen, you are just seeing all of us gather in one place.

Then ask them how many return a TV after they finished watching the big game, how many return a HD camera and Camcorder after they are back from trip, how many return earphones just because they want to try them out for a month, how many order simultaneously on Amazon and Bestbuy, and return the BBY merchandise once the Amazon package has arrived (believe me, some dumb shoppers actually admit this when returning) etc. etc.

[quote name='Dund3r']"Best Buy declined to say how many price matches it did during the holiday season, but most experts estimate that fewer than 5 percent of customers ask for a price match."

- From MN Star Tribune newspaper
http://www.startribune.com/business/192413341.html?refer=y[/QUOTE]

That's actually quite a few IMHO. I would have thought it was maybe 1-2%. When you're talking 5% of purchases going from profitable to not (which, let's be honest is usually what happens in price matching), that can really impact your margins and profitability.

I was talking to my friend when all of the new policy change "rumors" were starting. He works at one of the biggest BB in the country (Rockefeller Center) and he used to be a Customer Service Rep and they barely saw any price matches.

I highly doubt this is because of the $20 promo or price matches. In my opinion it's mainly about:
*People using BB as a showroom and then buying elsewhere, this will hopefully stop that.
*Prevent people from either using them as a rental store to see if they like the product, find out they do, return it, then order it from amazon or elsewhere for less.
*Prevent people from buying stuff with the pure intent to return big ticket items after they use them as long as they can.

I also asked the BB I go to regularly and they were not pleased by this change, they feel most customers are just going to be ticked off and shop elsewhere. So if that happens we may see ANOTHER policy change and hopefully it won't be too late. I guess we'll find out soon...two days left.

Just seems like cutting off the hand to spite the face or whatever. I thought they implemented these customer friendly changes to combat being an Amazon showroom in the first place. I bet they'll change it back around Christmas.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Just seems like cutting off the hand to spite the face or whatever. I thought they implemented these customer friendly changes to combat being an Amazon showroom in the first place. I bet they'll change it back around Christmas.[/QUOTE]

In what way? I hear people complaining about this and yet I cannot think of a single occasion ever where I have needed more than 15 days to do a return. Are you saying that having a more generous return policy would somehow reduce showrooming? I think the price matching being cut off after purchase is a sad side effect, but if only 5% of buyers are using it anyway, it obviously doesn't matter much to most consumers.

[quote name='TooPoor']Have you ever talked to BB sales and/or CS employees before you drew this conclusion?

These savvy CAG maneuvers seldom happen, you are just seeing all of us gather in one place.

Then ask them how many return a TV after they finished watching the big game, how many return a HD camera and Camcorder after they are back from trip, how many return earphones just because they want to try them out for a month, how many order simultaneously on Amazon and Bestbuy, and return the BBY merchandise once the Amazon package has arrived (believe me, some dumb shoppers actually admit this when returning) etc. etc.[/QUOTE]

When I picked up Crysis 3/MGR:R the other day, there were 2 open 40+" TVs behind the CS desk and another one in line right behind me. When that guy got to the desk, he said he didn't like it and BBY took it right back. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, three times, etc...

I don't generally do returns, just price matches. Like most of us here do. I bought a surround system recently at best buy because of the 30 days I had, because sometimes when you spend a lot on a purchase, you want to be sure it's right for you. Try out all the features and stuff, see how it fits into what you are looking for.

Like if someone bought a TV, but their wife didn't like it, maybe it had some good features but wasn't like it was in the store when it got home, they're gonna try to acclimate to it for a while maybe, maybe they do more research and want the next model up, who knows. There are a myriad of scenarios where the 30 days is reasonable, especially with big purchases.

[quote name='bojay1997']In what way? I hear people complaining about this and yet I cannot think of a single occasion ever where I have needed more than 15 days to do a return. Are you saying that having a more generous return policy would somehow reduce showrooming? I think the price matching being cut off after purchase is a sad side effect, but if only 5% of buyers are using it anyway, it obviously doesn't matter much to most consumers.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone here is upset about the new return window. I am a little upset about the price match, but it just means I need to shop wiser and wait on purchases more now.

The issue at large here is Best Buy being the worst in the industry now. Target, Wal-Mart, everyone else has at least 30 days. And Target now also price matches Amazon and other online retailers. Why would anyone go to Best Buy when they have other options with more freedom.

[quote name='therealdanhill']I don't generally do returns, just price matches. Like most of us here do.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, the end of post purchase third party price matches is unfortunate, but the $20 certificate still makes it worth it for me, especially with RZ points. No other major retailers are consistently giving that kind of preorder incentive and Amazon doesn't do post sale price matches at all except as an exception that counts against you, so I'm ok with not having them from BB either.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I don't think anyone here is upset about the new return window. I am a little upset about the price match, but it just means I need to shop wiser and wait on purchases more now.

The issue at large here is Best Buy being the worst in the industry now. Target, Wal-Mart, everyone else has at least 30 days. And Target now also price matches Amazon and other online retailers. Why would anyone go to Best Buy when they have other options with more freedom.[/QUOTE]

Because you get a $20 credit and RZ points. Amazon doesn't price match at all post sale. Target and Walmart don't give anything in the way of preorder incentives and rarely drop prices significantly unless it's around the holidays which is when BB does their extended returns/PM policy every year anyway. Yes, it's unfortunate, but if you're a day one buyer, BB is still the best deal for the games included in this promotion.

The reality is that you guys want a $20 cert, RZ points and another $20 back in price matching meaning BB is selling you games at a loss. No other retailer is willing to do that, so why should Best Buy?

[quote name='bojay1997']Because you get a $20 credit and RZ points. Amazon doesn't price match at all post sale. Target and Walmart don't give anything in the way of preorder incentives and rarely drop prices significantly unless it's around the holidays which is when BB does their extended returns/PM policy every year anyway. Yes, it's unfortunate, but if you're a day one buyer, BB is still the best deal for the games included in this promotion.

The reality is that you guys want a $20 cert, RZ points and another $20 back in price matching meaning BB is selling you games at a loss. No other retailer is willing to do that, so why should Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

You do know not everything you buy at Best Buy comes with $20 right? I am not talking about this specific promotion, I am talking about Best Buy and customers in general.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']You do know not everything you buy at Best Buy comes with $20 right? I am not talking about this specific promotion, I am talking about Best Buy and customers in general.[/QUOTE]

Because even though I have prime, I get the best buy item right away. If I want to return it, it doesn't cost me to return it when I change my mind.

Item X costs $100 at Amazon and $110 at Best Buy.

Both cost tax (use or otherwise). If I can get BB to PM amazon, I'll get it at BB. I know Target and Amazon gives me 30 days, but while I might be too busy once in a while to get to the store within 15 days, for the most part, I know whether I want to keep something within 15 days.

[quote name='bojay1997']In what way? I hear people complaining about this and yet I cannot think of a single occasion ever where I have needed more than 15 days to do a return. Are you saying that having a more generous return policy would somehow reduce showrooming? I think the price matching being cut off after purchase is a sad side effect, but if only 5% of buyers are using it anyway, it obviously doesn't matter much to most consumers.[/QUOTE]

I agree 15 days is enough to decide whether you want it or not. This change is due to horrible customers returning shit all the time.

Costco used to have a lifetime return policy on TV''s. People were returning TV's 3 years later to exchange for the latest models! That policy has now changed. People are just awful.

That's the thing, like if I'm gonna buy a new TV that I'm gonna use for the next five years, damn right I want 30 days instead of 15 given the option, and with other retailers I do have the option. I love best buy for games for the most part, but those same people supposedly giving them all the return grief are the same people who would probably buy their big ticket items there because of the return window, right?

Just implement something on an individual customer level to deal with returns, like you can only get x amount of dollars back after however many days, and if someone is abusing it ban them from the store. I don't know, but there has to be a better way

[quote name='confoosious']Because even though I have prime, I get the best buy item right away. If I want to return it, it doesn't cost me to return it when I change my mind.

Item X costs $100 at Amazon and $110 at Best Buy.

Both cost tax (use or otherwise). If I can get BB to PM amazon, I'll get it at BB. I know Target and Amazon gives me 30 days, but while I might be too busy once in a while to get to the store within 15 days, for the most part, I know whether I want to keep something within 15 days.[/QUOTE]

I understand that, but here at CAG we need to accept we aren't the average customer. We do some research before we buy a product. Look at reviews, shop smart. We can't use our methods as the norm for others...

[quote name='Saix_XIII']You do know not everything you buy at Best Buy comes with $20 right? I am not talking about this specific promotion, I am talking about Best Buy and customers in general.[/QUOTE]

I echo these sentiments. All you do is piss off loyal customers who are aware of this while scammers just have to make up their mind in 14 days instead of a month. Unfortunately, I just think this accelerates the death spiral. The easier choice would have been just to deny the returns in the first place.

Well, considering only 5% of customers take advantage of price matches per the info above, it seems like whether or not they allow post purchase price matching and returns beyond 15 days has very little impact positive or negative on their bottom line. They will still have weekly sales on items just like other retailers do. The only change here is that people can't abuse the return policy or expect price protection beyond two weeks which is unfortunate, but not a business killer given the 5% stat.

[quote name='bojay1997']Well, considering only 5% of customers take advantage of price matches per the info above, it seems like whether or not they allow post purchase price matching and returns beyond 15 days has very little impact positive or negative on their bottom line. They will still have weekly sales on items just like other retailers do. The only change here is that people can't abuse the return policy or expect price protection beyond two weeks which is unfortunate, but not a business killer given the 5% stat.[/QUOTE]

Or if those people stopped shopping there, they just lost 5% of their customers instantly.

[quote name='therealdanhill']That's the thing, like if I'm gonna buy a new TV that I'm gonna use for the next five years, damn right I want 30 days instead of 15 given the option, and with other retailers I do have the option. I love best buy for games for the most part, but those same people supposedly giving them all the return grief are the same people who would probably buy their big ticket items there because of the return window, right?

Just implement something on an individual customer level to deal with returns, like you can only get x amount of dollars back after however many days, and if someone is abusing it ban them from the store. I don't know, but there has to be a better way[/QUOTE]

I still don't understand why you need 30 days. Do you really just walk into a store and randomly buy TVs? I know when I make a major purchase, I prepare for weeks or months by reading reviews and comparing prices. What does it matter if you keep an item 5 months or 5 years? The obligation is on you as the consumer to do some homework. You can always get a price match at time of purchase at BB under the new policy, so I'm not seeing the issue.

It's more just me i guess, i have trouble committing. I second guess a lot of big purchases, but I'm sure that's not unheard of.I'm away because of work a lot and sometimes i don't get to put in a lot of time using the stuff i buy like a surround system or TV, so to someone in my situation 30 days is a lot better than 15.

Regardless, i don't want to sit here imagining every scenario where 30 is better than 15 for big purchases lol the numbers speak for themselves. I understand if it is hurting their bottom line, but as a consumer it isn't my job to care about that really, just to shop at the most consumer friendly place that fits my needs.

besides, it isn't my job to research a product, it is the job of the employee to educate me, it's what they are paid for after all! If they are getting so many returns maybe it's the employees fault for not pointing them to the right product! shopping isn't an experience i should have to put work into!

(i bet some people do think like that though :p )

[quote name='panda911']Or if those people stopped shopping there, they just lost 5% of their customers instantly.[/QUOTE]

Meh, for the most part the people who do repeated price matches are not profitable customers. I don't think Best Buy is going to lose much with this change and frankly, they might actually become profitable and better able to serve the more reasonable customers who don't abuse policies and who have no need for 30+ day return policies and 30-60 days worth of price matches by offering better sale prices and everyday prices.

Let's look at a scenario. Look at it from someone who is NOT a "smart" shopper such as ourselves. They go into Best Buy, ask the sales rep "I have $1,500...give me your best TV". The rep shows em around, they agree they want the TV for $1300+tax and away they go.

Three weeks later the TV starts having issues...the person doesn't know why one of the HDMI inputs on the TV doesn't work. They start looking into it online and see it is a common issue with this TV and they can send it in to be repaired but they notice it is just a common issue that can happen even after the repair. This may sound like an extreme case, but it happens more often then you would think.

The person still wants to get a great $1,500 TV so they box it back up and go to Best Buy to exchange it, not even return it. They are thinking "it's only been three weeks...it has to have 30 days...everyone else is 30 days." They go into the store and the store tells them "Sorry...it's past the return window". WHAT?! the customer thinks, it's only been 21 days and the TV is defective. They tell the CSR this and they are then informed that the return policy is actually 15 days now and the best they can do is tell them to call the manufacturer to set up a repair.

Do you honestly think this average customer will ever go back to Best Buy even if it's for a $15 movie when they can just go to Wal-Mart, Target and have either of those stores match Best Buy's price and give them at least a 30 day return window?

This reminds me of all the anti-piracy for software out there. The people who want to break the rules don't listen to the system, they work around the system, break it if need be. People who want to "rent" high priced items will find a way if they really want to. The average customer who just made a bad choice is the one who will be upset about this and take their business elsewhere.

[quote name='confoosious']I would think within a week you can figure out whether you like a tv.[/QUOTE]

It comes down to having the extra time in case something goes wrong with the tv. If you're past the 15 days, you get stuck having to deal with the manufacturer for an exchange or a fix. I would much rather deal with the retailer than the manufacturer on something like that.

[quote name='therealdanhill']It's more just me i guess, i have trouble committing. I second guess a lot of big purchases, but I'm sure that's not unheard of.I'm away because of work a lot and sometimes i don't get to put in a lot of time using the stuff i buy like a surround system or TV, so to someone in my situation 30 days is a lot better than 15.

Regardless, i don't want to sit here imagining every scenario where 30 is better than 15 for big purchases lol the numbers speak for themselves. I understand if it is hurting their bottom line, but as a consumer it isn't my job to care about that really, just to shop at the most consumer friendly place that fits my needs[/QUOTE]

You're exactly the kind of consumer retailers hate and exactly the reason that policies like this get implemented. A store shouldn't be your personal rental facility so you can make up your mind. I personally get disgusted when I walk into a store that littered with open box returns. I'd rather have lower everyday prices and great sale prices than a liberal return and price match policy which is the direction I hope this new policy takes Best Buy in.

I don't know what you're talking about, I hardly ever return anything, and I've never returned a big ticket item. Never said i did, just that the option is nice for someone in my situation.

Funny thing though, the receiver i got recently was an open box item. Got a pretty good deal on it. I love the open box stuff at best buy, especially the home theater stuff, i always take a look when i go.

[quote name='aircobra']It comes down to having the extra time in case something goes wrong with the tv. If you're past the 15 days, you get stuck having to deal with the manufacturer for an exchange or a fix. I would much rather deal with the retailer than the manufacturer on something like that.[/QUOTE]

But let's be honest, the "lemon" rate for televisions is about 2% last I checked and I think of those failures, the vast majority are immediate failures right out of the box. The overwhelming majority of returns BB is getting is not because of defective merchandise, it's because of indecisive people or people making compulsive purchases and then returning them when they see their credit card statement or account balance at the end of the month. You can argue this all day, but what if the television goes bad in 31 days or 33 days? Have Best Buy and Target and Walmart lost all those customers as well?

[quote name='bojay1997']But let's be honest, the "lemon" rate for televisions is about 2% last I checked and I think of those failures, the vast majority are immediate failures right out of the box. The overwhelming majority of returns BB is getting is not because of defective merchandise, it's because of indecisive people or people making compulsive purchases and then returning them when they see their credit card statement or account balance at the end of the month. You can argue this all day, but what if the television goes bad in 31 days or 33 days? Have Best Buy and Target and Walmart lost all those customers as well?[/QUOTE]

I have no need to argue, I'm speaking from experience. I'm a silver member, so it wouldn't matter to me if it was 31 or 33 days. I have my reasons why I don't like the policy change, the biggest one being the PM stuff. So keep your numbers to yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back