Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bojay1997']Not sure why you think it's BS. That's exactly why it wouldn't let you preorder.[/QUOTE]

But here is the thing...what's more popular? Call of Duty or Tomb Raider? I pre-ordered both Halo 4 and BO2 3 days before it came out and there were no problems. Both are HUGE releases....Tomb Raider is ok..... If it wasn't for this 20 dollar promo back I would have skipped it.

[quote name='jr1016']This happened to me when I preordered Crysis 3 the day before release. The problem was that the clerk tried to process the preorder as a regular transaction, he kept trying until another clerk told him to process it as a preorder then it went through. Give that a try if BBY is not too far from you, I myself will preorder tomorrow just in case I don't get a Steelbook copy from Target.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure the cashier was doing this.........

Oh forgot to mention, the CSR over the phone wanted to give me 10% off for my trouble.........yeah I am giving out my CC over the phone...fuck that.

[quote name='panda911']I believe you severely overestimate how many average shoppers are even aware of pricematching, never mind use it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TooPoor']Have you ever talked to BB sales and/or CS employees before you drew this conclusion?

These savvy CAG maneuvers seldom happen, you are just seeing all of us gather in one place.
.[/QUOTE]

if people weren't using pricematching, then they wouldn't have gotten rid of it. The bottom line is, if it wasn't hurting them, THEY WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN RID OF IT.

[quote name='Dund3r']"Best Buy declined to say how many price matches it did during the holiday season, but most experts estimate that fewer than 5 percent of customers ask for a price match."

- From MN Star Tribune newspaper
http://www.startribune.com/business/192413341.html?refer=y[/QUOTE]

that's still 5% of sales where they are LOSING MONEY. How can any business survive when they are losing money on 5% of sales?

[quote name='ITDEFX']But here is the thing...what's more popular? Call of Duty or Tomb Raider? I pre-ordered both Halo 4 and BO2 3 days before it came out and there were no problems. Both are HUGE releases....Tomb Raider is ok..... If it wasn't for this 20 dollar promo back I would have skipped it.

I am pretty sure the cashier was doing this.........

Oh forgot to mention, the CSR over the phone wanted to give me 10% off for my trouble.........yeah I am giving out my CC over the phone...fuck that.[/QUOTE]

That's totally irrelevant. You waited until 4 days before release to preorder. As such, you can't expect that they would still take your preorder since quantities would already be locked to each store's allocation. Your options are to either order on-line for shipping or to find another local store that still has some in its available allocation.

[quote name='bojay1997']That's totally irrelevant. You waited until 4 days before release to preorder. As such, you can't expect that they would still take your preorder since quantities would already be locked to each store's allocation. Your options are to either order on-line for shipping or to find another local store that still has some in its available allocation.[/QUOTE]

because bestbuy usually gets a ton more of the game then there are preorders, so there should never be a problem.

Now not accepting preorders for collectors editions is understandable

[quote name='Saix_XIII']

I highly doubt this is because of the $20 promo or price matches. In my opinion it's mainly about:
*People using BB as a showroom and then buying elsewhere, this will hopefully stop that.
*Prevent people from either using them as a rental store to see if they like the product, find out they do, return it, then order it from amazon or elsewhere for less.
*Prevent people from buying stuff with the pure intent to return big ticket items after they use them as long as they can.

[/QUOTE]

if the changes were only because of showrooming then they wouldn't have changed pricematching.

the point of my post was explaining why they got rid of pricematching after the sale, i wasn't saying anything about returns. In fact pricematching helps prevent showrooming.

Look the fact is that they still pricematch on new transactions so you can return the item and then buy it again and pricematch.

THE ONLY POSSIBLE REASON they would get rid of pricematching OLD transactions is because of the GAMER DEAL. There is NO OTHER EXAMPLE where it saves them money because people can just return and rebuy, however people CAN NOT RETURN AND REBUY THE $20 DEAL. Therefore the REASON FOR THE CHANGE on not being able to pricematch after the sale is the $20 reward certificate deal. Period. end of story.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']if people weren't using pricematching, then they wouldn't have gotten rid of it. The bottom line is, if it wasn't hurting them, THEY WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN RID OF IT.
[/QUOTE]
No, BBY is hurting, but the causal link between PM policy and profit loss is unclear to them, and there are no qualitative evidence to suggest so. Returns, on the other hand, is a much bigger issue, no need to debate this.

They adjusted the PM and return policies in hopes of increased profits, but no one knows if this will work. Not you, not me, not BBY, not market analysts. The observation of most CAGs, apart from the anti-PM parties in which you are apart of, is that BBY would be better off shielding themselves from return abusers, and keep the PM policy to attract more customers. A lot of institutes offer "double back" price protection like credit card companies, CB networks like SC, CS, and SD&R. This proves the profitability of PM policies in general, BBY can pull it off, they just need careful management and decision processes. I love BBY that's why I hate to see when they make stupid costly decisions, such as the big fiasco in Shanghai several years ago.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']
THE ONLY POSSIBLE REASON they would get rid of pricematching OLD transactions is because of the GAMER DEAL. There is NO OTHER EXAMPLE where it saves them money because people can just return and rebuy, however people CAN NOT RETURN AND REBUY THE $20 DEAL. Therefore the REASON FOR THE CHANGE on not being able to pricematch after the sale is the $20 reward certificate deal. Period. end of story.[/QUOTE]
I don't know what to tell you if you insist on believing, without quantitative proof, that GCU is the sole reason for the PM policy change.

[quote name='bojay1997']That simply isn't a model that any retailer can afford to pursue long-term. Best case scenario, Best Buy has a 20% margin on new release top tier games. They're giving you a $20 credit toward another purchase which, while not identical to cash, does have significant value and cost to BB depending on what you buy. To then turn around a month or two later and give you back a $20 refund based on some promo deal another retailer got from the publisher and which wasn't offered to BB is literally just taking not only the profit away completely, but also costing BB significant money. I'm sure many CAGs then traded in the game to either BB or another retailer and essentially made money on the deal. I get that you want the best of all worlds, but BB can't afford to give you $60 day one games for essentially $20 or less. I'm happy with the $20 cert and the day one price match.[/QUOTE]

exactly, bestbuy is losing a ton of money selling a new release game for $20, not sure why people are so upset with the change

[quote name='jrr6415sun']because bestbuy usually gets a ton more of the game then there are preorders, so there should never be a problem.

Now not accepting preorders for collectors editions is understandable[/QUOTE]

Still irrelevant. Best Buy allocates copies to a store weeks in advance based on prior sales data. When that store hits its preorder quota, they stop taking preorders there. It's not like this guy doesn't have other options including ordering on-line or going to another location. You can complain that they should have ordered more copies or that it shouldn't happen, but it doesn't change the fact that the manager wasn't lying to him about not being able to preorder in store for that particular title at that particular store because they were presold out.

[quote name='TooPoor']I don't know what to tell you if you insist on believing, without quantitative proof, that GCU is the sole reason for the PM policy change.[/QUOTE]

what other example is why they would not let you PM after the sale? There is no other example. In EVERY other situation you can just return and rebuy. I'm not talking about them shorting returns, i'm talking specifically about PM after the sale. If there is another example please show me, otherwise I am right I have given proof. If there was no GCU deals you would be able to PM to other stores after the sale.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']what other example is why they would not let you PM after the sale? There is no other example. In EVERY other situation you can just return and rebuy. I'm not talking about them shorting returns, i'm talking specifically about PM after the sale. If there is another example please show me, otherwise I am right.[/QUOTE]
Most CAGs know that I am very calm tempered, and hate to engage in arguments. So sir, let me agree to disagree with you.

Also, might I add I do not know where you have the utter confidence to claim that you are correct in a intricate situation that almost nobody can accurately predict.

[quote name='jr1016']This happened to me when I preordered Crysis 3 the day before release. The problem was that the clerk tried to process the preorder as a regular transaction, he kept trying until another clerk told him to process it as a preorder then it went through. Give that a try if BBY is not too far from you, I myself will preorder tomorrow just in case I don't get a Steelbook copy from Target.[/QUOTE]

There's a difference? Isn't it all the same preorder sku?

[quote name='Donut2922']There's a difference? Isn't it all the same preorder sku?[/QUOTE]

At first I thought it was all done the same also, but they have to start the transaction as a preorder then it will ring up right. It will then give you the option to pay $5 or pay in full. If they try to ring it up as regular transaction it will give them an error because item is not available yet.

My BBY has a lot of new employees that's how I found out that it had to be ringed up differently. You guys probably never had a problem because the clerk knew what they were doing. ;)

I was able to pre order The Last Of Us survival edition and Dead Island Riptide Rigomor Mortis editon today in store. Just looked them up under the kiosk the only thing that worries me is that the receipt didn't say the games were part if the victory can be pre order program. I know we can still get the points for the limited/collectors edition, but I hope I doesnt cause any issues.

[quote name='jonnysniper']I was able to pre order The Last Of Us survival edition and Dead Island Riptide Rigomor Mortis editon today in store. Just looked them up under the kiosk the only thing that worries me is that the receipt didn't say the games were part if the victory can be pre order program. I know we can still get the points for the limited/collectors edition, but I hope I doesnt cause any issues.[/QUOTE]Just did the same myself. Had no problems. Already canceled my GS pre-order, now to cancel my other one at Amazon.

After the 3rd try, finally got Dead Space 3 PM'd although only to BB's current $50 price. Part of me is glad the PM'ing of the past will be over soon. I so dread calling their customer service.

[quote name='jr1016']At first I thought it was all done the same also, but they have to start the transaction as a preorder then it will ring up right. It will then give you the option to pay $5 or pay in full. If they try to ring it up as regular transaction it will give them an error because item is not available yet.

My BBY has a lot of new employees that's how I found out that it had to be ringed up differently. You guys probably never had a problem because the clerk knew what they were doing. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Worked in-store for me just an hour ago. I haven't preordered in-store in over a year since .com PM's are more convenient. My gaming rep welcomed me back lol.

I sure hope Tomb Raider can be pre-ordered on Sunday...that is the first chance I will have to get to Best Buy since last Sunday. I also hope I can finally pre-order The Last of Us Survival Edition. It was on the kiosk last Sunday, but the system kept saying "Item Not Available for Pre-Order". When I called on Tuesday after my cousin was able to in NY and spoke to the rep who helped him the store said it was being rolled out to districts independently, not sure why that is but he said Florida would be on Friday, so I should have no issues on Sunday pre-ordering it...I hope, I want that steelbook and art book.

bah too many pages to look through.... could someone tell me if I am supposed to call in if my DS3 points havent shown up? :/

Ugh, I tried calling/emailing them about one of my orders not showing up and even when I put it in as missing points it just tells me that the order is already on my account even though it doesn't show up as pending, and when on the phone I was waiting for a long time with just pure silence so I don't know if that's on hold or if it got dropped or what, but this is a little annoying.

[quote name='koruwa']bah too many pages to look through.... could someone tell me if I am supposed to call in if my DS3 points havent shown up? :/[/QUOTE]

Has it been 30-35 days yet?

NOPE

Patience my man, patience.

If it says the transaction is already on your account but not showing on your end you should be fine, just give it a bit more time. As someone else posted in the last couple of days, they have their own internal system for Reward Zone which for some reason does not always coincide with what you can see on your end. If doing the missing points thing says your transaction is already on the account it is on their internal system then you should be just fine.

Certainly, if it has been passed the 35 days, follow the links in the op and post on the BB forums.

[quote name='godsmack13']If it says the transaction is already on your account but not showing on your end you should be fine, just give it a bit more time. As someone else posted in the last couple of days, they have their own internal system for Reward Zone which for some reason does not always coincide with what you can see on your end. If doing the missing points thing says your transaction is already on the account it is on their internal system then you should be just fine.

Certainly, if it has been passed the 35 days, follow the links in the op and post on the BB forums.[/QUOTE]

Alright, yeah both the purchases were on 2/19 so that hasn't been 35 days yet, I suppose I'll wait it out and hopefully they'll get it fixed on their end, I just want to add that I did actually get through to someone and they told me the order wont show up in my account since I paid with gift cards, which I know is wrong because I've done it before; normally I wouldn't care as much but since one of the games was a part of the $20 promotion I just like knowing that I will get the reward zone points, but I'll give them a few weeks before contacting them again.

The way their systems run are certainly a bit annoying. If they would just work as advertised, we would probably eliminate at least a quarter of the repeat questions ;)

The problem I'm running into now, which I touched on the other night, is that the 5 dollar deposit is not actually getting credited to my pickup purchase. It shows up in the line items, but does not actually get deducted from the total price. I was just going to go ahead and start returning the pre orders to get my 5 bucks back, but now I'm also realizing that I have not gotten any pre order DLC from those purchases. Of course, now I can't exactly remember which ones were supposed to have it. Not that I've gotten around to opening any of them yet lol.

Out of Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, and Metal Gear which ones should have had a code on my receipt or emailed to me? Based on the op, I'm thinking Metal Gear should have been, and Crysis is probably in the case... Did Dead Space even have any?

Thanks in advance.

i got no codes on reciept, code in email for crysis/mgr. dead space just has limited edition codes, i.e. EA, that will be on all copies right now probly. ie bulletstorm/most wanted limited edition.

Awesome, thanks Velo.

Now to just figure out the best way to get all of it taken care of. Those purchases were all made at the customer service desk, so I'm hoping if I just go see my normal gaming rep, who knows what the hell he is doing, that he might know what the heck they did and be able to correct it properly. If not, BB forums here I come.

[quote name='Velo214']i got no codes on reciept, code in email for crysis/mgr. dead space just has limited edition codes, i.e. EA, that will be on all copies right now probly. ie bulletstorm/most wanted limited edition.[/QUOTE]

Both Crysis and Metal Gear absolutely came with preorder codes. Dead Space no.

yep. i agree with you. white suit for metal gear and crysis 1 psn code for crysis 3.
but not on my reciepts, emailed day of. crysis code actually came before i even did instore pickup. but yeah.

Preorder Tomb Raider, only pick it up if Fry's price stay. If not move deposit over to Last of Us Survival Edition.

Had to preorder Tomb Raider online as my store's Reward system crashed today. I've never ordered online; do they just email the code on Tuesday or something?

[quote name='honzoh']Had to preorder Tomb Raider online as my store's Reward system crashed today. I've never ordered online; do they just email the code on Tuesday or something?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing about the codes

[quote name='ChaosGamer']I'm wondering the same thing about the codes[/QUOTE]
DLC and Comic book will be packaged with the game.

I called today because I haven't seen my Dead Space 3 $20 RWZ certificate pop up, but the normal Dead Space 3 points already hit my account. I was calling to ask if something got missed in the system or if I just needed to be more patient. She said he system showed I picked it up on the 15th when I actually got it on the 5th. She said she'd go ahead and give me a $20 certificate since she couldn't find anything noting I'd pre-ordered on her side. Plus she said that I still might get the $20 certificate for Dead Space 3.

After I hung up I got an email saying my $25 RWZ certificate was ready for use. I was just calling to see if everything was ok since I've had a few problems in the past. I didn't hassle her at all or ask for a replacement certificate. So thanks to her for doing what she didn't need to do and giving me more than I deserved.

[quote name='Xellos2099']ok, so there is no more pricematching on prior purchase even if i am silver member?[/QUOTE]

Not on items purchased after April 17th as far as we know, UNLESS you are matching Best Buy's own price within the return period.

Well, I see that the normal amount of points have posted for my Metal Gear Rising preorder/purchase, but not the 1000 bonus points. Does this mean that I'm going to have to give them a call to get my $20 in certificates? I know it says to allow up to 35 days, but is that the case even if you get the normal amount of points for the purchase before then?

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Well, I see that the normal amount of points have posted for my Metal Gear Rising preorder/purchase, but not the 1000 bonus points. Does this mean that I'm going to have to give them a call to get my $20 in certificates? I know it says to allow up to 35 days, but is that the case even if you get the normal amount of points for the purchase before then?[/QUOTE]

Yep, 35 days

If you pre-order in the store, where do you pick it up? Do you go to the store pick-up section, or just go to video games section? I got a feeling I'm not gonna get the comic book or DLC.

[quote name='diplo']If you pre-order in the store, where do you pick it up? Do you go to the store pick-up section, or just go to video games section? I got a feeling I'm not gonna get the comic book or DLC.[/QUOTE]

Ya pick it up where they have the "in store pickup"sign, usually up front, or at the customer service

I pre-ordered Tomb Raider online if I sign up for the Unlocked Membership can I still get the $20GC? Also do I still get the pre-order bonus when I pick it up or is it emailed to me?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Not on items purchased after April 17th as far as we know, UNLESS you are matching Best Buy's own price within the return period.[/QUOTE]

I am not quite sure what this mean.

If Best Buy lowers a price on a product (online or in-store) we will allow price-matching up to 15 days following the original purchase. This applies to all customers including Reward Zone Premier Silver members. Please note: After a transition period for Reward Zone Premier Silver members through April 18, 2013, the 15 day period of the Price Match policy goes into effect (post-purchase – Best Buy only).

Does that mean if i buy a game the coming tuesday, I can still price match till 4/17?

Damn instore pickup option is gone for Tomb Raider pre-order :whistle2:(

If I pre-order instore can I still get the $20 RZ reward?

[quote name='WV Matsui']Damn instore pickup option is gone for Tomb Raider pre-order :whistle2:(

If I pre-order instore can I still get the $20 RZ reward?[/QUOTE]Yes; if you can preorder in-store still (dunno if the kiosk will let you) and you do so Sunday or Monday, you'll get the $20 in RZ points.

[quote name='Vigilante']Yes; if you can preorder in-store still (dunno if the kiosk will let you) and you do so Sunday or Monday, you'll get the $20 in RZ points.[/QUOTE]

Thanks mate! I'll swing by the store tomorrow. I just got lazy! :D

How long is the user ID for the magazine? Trying to determine if it's one of the numbers on the receipt. Trying to access the magazine and coupons. No emails yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back