Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Deader2818']Yes. Seems like anyone that got anything ont he 19th wont show on the user end but shows on their end. I bought Game of Thrones season 2 on that same day ina different transaction and its not showing either but they told me that both of my items show as pending on their end.[/QUOTE]

Same. Thing is when I checked my account history on the RZ phone app, the purchases were shown on there.

[quote name='Donut2922']wtf 6 hrs? If it's that hard i may need to change difficulty early on. Weird since GoW is an easy game to play.[/QUOTE]
you could always do multiple playthroughs on different difficulty levels.

[quote name='panda911']Anyone else get a mystery $5 rz cert?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Youngnoble']I got one too. Expires next week.[/QUOTE]
They gave these out again?
Nothing for me, never got those mystery certs, it is such a mystery to me.

[quote name='therealdanhill']20 minutes wasted at best buy trying to preorder bioshock, couldn't do it. Had to stand next to some chick, prob a CAG or at least an SDer trying to pm tomb raider and other stuff and confusing the hell out of the poor cashier lol. Ugh she was annoying[/QUOTE]

PM'ing Tomb Raider to what? Only place not MSRP is that Tanga deal from last night.

[quote name='YBX87']you could always do multiple playthroughs on different difficulty levels.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but i'm not keen on spending more than an hour to get past a boss.

[quote name='TooPoor']Off topic -ish, but hope somebody can help me out: Can I renew my GCU using a RZ cert?
TIA[/QUOTE]

Yep. $10 max cert of course.

[quote name='Donut2922']Yeah but i'm not keen on spending more than an hour to get past a boss.[/QUOTE]
you should take it with a grain of salt from the review you saw, the guy reviewing it clearly said he is not a gamer/ pro at god of war series. I doubt a fan like you of the series, will have problem with it.

[quote name='mvp828']PM'ing Tomb Raider to what? Only place not MSRP is that Tanga deal from last night.[/QUOTE]

Not really sure, she was showing the guy something on her phone. She was wheeling and dealing lol. I tried to do a pm with a coupon, and she told my cashier that it wasn't allowed, I'm like Wtf, are you telling on me? Lol

[quote name='therealdanhill']not really sure, she was showing the guy something on her phone. She was wheeling and dealing lol. I tried to do a pm with a coupon, and she told my cashier that it wasn't allowed, i'm like wtf, are you telling on me? Lol[/quote]
lol

Picked up my pre-order of Tomb Raider today and I was having issues with the $5 deposit not being taken off the final price as well. They did a price correction for me and hopefully that doesn't interfere with my $20 RZ cert.

[quote name='YBX87']you should take it with a grain of salt from the review you saw, the guy reviewing it clearly said he is not a gamer/ pro at god of war series. I doubt a fan like you of the series, will have problem with it.[/QUOTE]

Yes but it is the first time he has ever had this issue in reviewing a game. When he tweeted about it in general terms (did not mention the game in name) he had several other reviewers tweet back saying they knew the section he was referring to. In the end he needed help. Sessler in my opinion is one of the better critics out there. It will still end up getting the game but i thought I would just mention this to everyone. He does say vets of the series should be able to complete it faster than he did.

GoW:A will drop to $10-20 within a year. No point in gambling with BBY to hope to get to that price, especially with the stricter policy. Not a knock of the quality of the game...it happens to all GoW titles and the multiplayer aspect of this one doesn't seem compelling enough to keep it from plummeting in value, much like Kratos keeps plummeting down to hell ;p

I didn't know about this pre-order bonus:

God of War Ascension
Mjölnir Multiplayer Weapon Exclusive

I'm assuming that they give it to you when you pick-up the game or when it's shipped?

[quote name='TooPoor']They gave these out again?
Nothing for me, never got those mystery certs, it is such a mystery to me.[/QUOTE]

My GCU just ran out so maybe it has something to do with that.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']GoW:A will drop to $10-20 within a year. No point in gambling with BBY to hope to get to that price, especially with the stricter policy. Not a knock of the quality of the game...it happens to all GoW titles and the multiplayer aspect of this one doesn't seem compelling enough to keep it from plummeting in value, much like Kratos keeps plummeting down to hell ;p[/QUOTE]

I don't really see how that is relevant for people thinking about pre-ordering a game. Nearly every game will be $10-20 in a year. Someone contemplating pre-ordering a game is obviously not wanting to wait that long to get it.

[quote name='mvp828']PM'ing Tomb Raider to what? Only place not MSRP is that Tanga deal from last night.[/QUOTE]

I was able to PM it to $50 using a print out from last week off of Fry's website. YMMV obviously, but Fry's has many of the upcoming titles for this promo listed for $50 right now (and then it changes to normal price on release week). Might as well print out the screen caps and see if you can't make it work.

I preordered the collector's edition of Ascension. I still love the series because I love the Greek mythology, Kratos's story and gory action games. I dont care if I cant PM it either. I am using all credit I have gathered from various other deals. I cant wait.

[quote name='Serpentor']I didn't know about this pre-order bonus:

God of War Ascension
Mjölnir Multiplayer Weapon Exclusive

I'm assuming that they give it to you when you pick-up the game or when it's shipped?[/QUOTE]

According to the official GoW website, the weapon is supposed to be redeemed with a voucher packed inside the game case.

At the BB site, the weapon was advertised at one point to be packed with the game but it's been omitted from the site now. I PM'd the mods at the BBY forums and they said they're not sure how the DLC is going to be fulfilled just yet.

Noob question, I just signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked last week, and Tomb Raider was my first pre-order. Under my RZ points, my TR order is only showing 59 points as of now, is that normal and the 1000 points will show up later?

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yes but it is the first time he has ever had this issue in reviewing a game. When he tweeted about it in general terms (did not mention the game in name) he had several other reviewers tweet back saying they knew the section he was referring to. In the end he needed help. Sessler in my opinion is one of the better critics out there. It will still end up getting the game but i thought I would just mention this to everyone. He does say vets of the series should be able to complete it faster than he did.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Honestly I wouldn't even pick the game up at all since I'm kinda burnt on the series, but my PS3 is acting flaky so I'm going to trade it in & get the GoW bundle before it dies on me. I figured I'll beat the game & trade it in, so if there's a boss that's gonna give me issues I'll just start it on easy. I don't have the patience I had in my younger days. ;)

[quote name='therealdanhill']Not really sure, she was showing the guy something on her phone. She was wheeling and dealing lol. I tried to do a pm with a coupon, and she told my cashier that it wasn't allowed, I'm like Wtf, are you telling on me? Lol[/QUOTE]

Haha... That's when you just gotta go KP on her...

[youtube]dcL5bnPvoU0[/youtube]

[quote name='mpaullin']I was able to PM it to $50 using a print out from last week off of Fry's website. YMMV obviously, but Fry's has many of the upcoming titles for this promo listed for $50 right now (and then it changes to normal price on release week). Might as well print out the screen caps and see if you can't make it work.[/QUOTE]

Ah... Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know about those. I really wish we had Fry's up here in West Michigan. Luckily of course they do PM the site now at least.

On release day Toys R Us had it for 53.99. That is what I PMd on. It might still be that price

I haven't been on this forum in awhile, can someone tell me how long we have to pick up a preordered game? Is it still a week from the release date?

[quote name='mvp828']
Ah... Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know about those. I really wish we had Fry's up here in West Michigan. Luckily of course they do PM the site now at least.[/QUOTE]

As a heads up a stipulation of the PM policy is that the item is readily available. So newegg preorder prices are outside of PM policy as its... Well you know, a preorder and not readily available.

So any PM will be an exception

[quote name='lordopus99']On release day Toys R Us had it for 53.99. That is what I PMd on. It might still be that price[/QUOTE]

Alright thanks... Definitely missed that. Unfortunately hadn't been keeping to close of an eye on Tomb Raider prices since I just preordered on Monday at the last minute.

[quote name='JohnWayne']I haven't been on this forum in awhile, can someone tell me how long we have to pick up a preordered game? Is it still a week from the release date?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is a week for the last chance to pick up and get the $20. I haven't seen any games that were different, but I could be wrong. I'm holding off on my TR preorder until Sunday or Monday to maximize the window for PM'ing.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']As a heads up a stipulation of the PM policy is that the item is readily available. So newegg preorder prices are outside of PM policy as its... Well you know, a preorder and not readily available.

So any PM will be an exception[/QUOTE]

Yea, I definitely knew about that... But thanks for the heads up. My BB always seems to be hit or miss. Sometimes I can get a somewhat "iffy" PM and other times I can't.

[quote name='YBX87']god of war ascension: collectors edition unboxing video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYa00IqUDbo[/QUOTE]

Nice, nice surprise that it contains Zues/Isaac Clark for PSASBR. Really happy about that since I am a huge Dead Space fan and would have probably bought the character the day it was released, now I don't have to. Overall the statue looks meh and it is a basic steelbook, but I look at it as "only" $20 more than the base game, so not a bad deal.

[quote name='dino88']I don't really see how that is relevant for people thinking about pre-ordering a game. Nearly every game will be $10-20 in a year. Someone contemplating pre-ordering a game is obviously not wanting to wait that long to get it.[/QUOTE]

keyword is thinking, right. i don't think this board is filled with day-one fanatics who buy a game when it releases no matter what. perhaps such behavior could have been afforded when you could get games for essentially $20 by PMing on top of the RZ certificate, but the likelihood of that happening just dropped to shit. besides all the anecdotes of best buy breaking their explicit policies which only apply to such a small segment of the population that reading them just annoys me now, betting that you'll get below even $40 is a risky bet.

speaking of stupid shit involving best buy and its policies, still no points from DS3. oh boohoo silly me wanting my points.

[quote name='Donut2922']According to the official GoW website, the weapon is supposed to be redeemed with a voucher packed inside the game case.

At the BB site, the weapon was advertised at one point to be packed with the game but it's been omitted from the site now. I PM'd the mods at the BBY forums and they said they're not sure how the DLC is going to be fulfilled just yet.[/QUOTE]
Ah, cool, thanks for the info Donut, appreciated.

[quote name='district_9000']When is the last day you can preorder for the extra credit? Thinking of picking up bioshock. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I assumed it just went till the game comes out, right?

[quote name='district_9000']When is the last day you can preorder for the extra credit? Thinking of picking up bioshock. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Basically the day before it comes out. Online, it could be eligible up to midnight on the day before.

No bonus points here either for Dead Space 3 and it's no longer "pending". Guess I'll give them a call tomorrow about the points and a Crysis 3 PM. I dread calling their customer service line more than a visit to the dentist. :D

[quote name='Corvin']So, like Crysis (2/19), my Tomb Raider purchase (3/6) isn't showing either. :(

Anyone else have a similar issue?[/QUOTE]

Picked up Tomb Raider on release day and my points are showing up as pending as of this morning.

[quote name='jamesdevil']I had to call for DS3 and went through the dedicated Silver line and it was still a hassle.[/QUOTE]
I just called, should get mine in 3-5 days. First time with the pre-order stuff. Wasn't as bad as suspected. He said that it should have already been sent he checked my history and it wasn't there and then he went ahead and reissued.

Quick question guys, I joined Gamer's Club unlocked on Sunday afternoon and pre-ordered Tomb Raider Sunday night. Tomb Raider points is showing up as pending but the pre-order bonus is not showing up. I called RZ yesterday and they told me that the bonus points will show up after 30 days. IS this correct or should the pre-order bonus be showing up as pending as well?

[quote name='jgiovanni']Quick question guys, I joined Gamer's Club unlocked on Sunday afternoon and pre-ordered Tomb Raider Sunday night. Tomb Raider points is showing up as pending but the pre-order bonus is not showing up. I called RZ yesterday and they told me that the bonus points will show up after 30 days. IS this correct or should the pre-order bonus be showing up as pending as well?[/QUOTE]
Did you read any of this thread?

Just recieved notice that GOW has shipped. I am pretty confident that it will drop in price within 60 days at BBY for a PM (Silver status).

[quote name='Dund3r']Just recieved notice that GOW has shipped. I am pretty confident that it will drop in price within 60 days at BBY for a PM (Silver status).[/QUOTE]
I guess I missed this. I did not know silver members would still get 60 days to PM with Best Buy prices. Heres to hoping for a price drop then.

[quote name='wrencrest']I guess I missed this. I did not know silver members would still get 60 days to PM with Best Buy prices. Heres to hoping for a price drop then.[/QUOTE]Yeah, it's only the case for purchases made before sometime in mid-April (the exact date escapes me at the moment).

[quote name='vigilante']yeah, it's only the case for purchases made before sometime in mid-april (the exact date escapes me at the moment).[/quote]

4/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back