Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the pre-order bonus for GOW: Ascension? What is the one in the package? When I pre-ordered it from Bestbuy, it didn't show any details of a pre-order bonus.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Well, I just got an email from BB with another pre-order bonus code for GOW ascension. Its different for the one package in with my game. So if you didn't get one there's a chance they will send it by email.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Also, I got all three $20 preorder in (ds3, mgr, and tomb raider) already matured. So I got one big $60 reward now. Sucks I can't preorder anything now, without adding some over a $1. Yeah, I should of done them in increments.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Well, I just got an email from BB with another pre-order bonus code for GOW ascension. Its different for the one package in with my game. So if you didn't get one there's a chance they will send it by email.[/QUOTE]

Same. However, the code I inputted yesterday showed the pre-order bonuses, but in my download list the only thing that shows up is an online pass, and a "god of war ascension" service. I haven't tried multiplayer yet, so I'm not sure if the pre-order bonus is through the service.

If anyone who preordered God of War: Ascension Collector's Edition didn't receive the preorder bonus DLC code either with the game package or on receipt, you need to go to Best Buy Unboxed (Community Forums) and send an Private Message to Gaming Support to get the code:

Preorder Bonuses detailed here: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming...rder-Bonuses/m-p/663163/highlight/true#M18562

Announcement by Best Buy on the DLC not packaged with CE:
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming...rder-Bonuses/m-p/666234/highlight/true#M18731

[quote name='Donut2922']Should we add in the OP that points will clear 35 days from the pickup date? Yesterday my Dead Space 3 points just showed up (never were pending). It was 35 days from it's release date. We get a lot of questions in this thread asking when points clear so maybe it'll help them. Just a suggestion only of course.[/QUOTE]

Just got my points today too. It sucks to know I had to wait exactly the full amount of time while others have gotten their points weeks ago and somehow already have their 1000 points from Crysis and MGS, which came out 2 weeks after DS3. Are you guys silver by nay chance?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Just got my points today too. It sucks to know I had to wait exactly the full amount of time while others have gotten their points weeks ago and somehow already have their 1000 points from Crysis and MGS, which came out 2 weeks after DS3. Are you guys silver by nay chance?[/QUOTE]
It definitely helps to be a Silver Member to get Reward points early. I pre-ordered Metal Gear and Crysis 3 online for delivery; today I got 2000 points for those pre-orders. The points roll into my account about 2-3 weeks after purchase for me usually.

I see people talk about selling off their pre-order bonus codes. Im not even sure what the pre-order bonus code for god of war is other than some multiplayer stuff which i dunno if ill ever do.

Where do people usually sell them at?

[quote name='kangchousa']Did you at least have the purchase history (or the transaction itself) shown before the points showing/clearing up yesterday? In my case, the purchase history on 2/19 isn't even showing.[/QUOTE]

I detailed it last week in this thread but as long as you scanned your RZ account at the time of pickup, then you'll be fine. If you try to report a missing transaction, the server will show that the transaction has already been applied even though it doesn't show up in your RZ history. The RZ website is a customer interface which is not the same as the master interface that BB uses to assign points. Moreover, you should notice a huge jump in your RZ points when the promotion is applied to your account.

I honestly didn't check to see whether my Metal Gear and Crysis 3 preorders were even posted to my RZ account in the first place until now since you asked. I only looked at Dead Space to see how the new promo was going to work this year. I can tell you though that as of today, I can see that my transactions were both posted and their associated 1000 bonus points have also cleared. I don't think it matters but I do all of my preorders as .com orders and I am a Silver member. I think it's more convenient since now gaming is no longer staffed by full-time dedicated employees like it once was so I like just showing up to the CS desk and getting out within 3 minutes. For folks that complain about having to wait around to be served, an online preorder saves you a lot more time since an employee is required to be staffed at that desk at all times unlike the gaming section.

I do fear though that this change in direction from Best Buy corporate to put less focus on gaming will do away with the $20 RZ certificates down the line. I have no doubt that their efforts in the last 2 years have increased their preorder numbers significantly but they do look at gaming as a low margin business so I can only hope they keep up with the gaming deals for us folks in the foreseeable future. The next gen announcements may help boost those chances too.

I also got an email from best buy for a Gow:A pre order bonus psn code , when I already have it on a voucher.

I just redeemed the code from the email, it redeems Mjonir, Mythological Heroes and Online Pass, so same thing as the voucher, but not the same code as the voucher! score!

Weird, just double checked my account. Tomb Raider 1000pts pending, MGR shows my preorder transaction, picked it up release day and no pending 1000pts. Guess I'll wait it out to the 35 day mark before I report.

I just picked up God of War CE in-store. The rep should have received a notice to add the pre-order code(manually?). The purchase required an override for me because the pre-order code cost $5 instead of being cancelled out.

Today was a good day thanks to Best Buy. Received $60 in RZ certs from the preorder promo, a complimentary $5 RZ cert, and the 500 RZ points from completing a $10 purchase.

People can bitch all they want about Best Buy (and in some cases, rightfully so), but Best Buy has some great deals that are unmatched by most retailers out there.

[quote name='perfectsil']I also got an email from best buy for a Gow:A pre order bonus psn code , when I already have it on a voucher.

I just redeemed the code from the email, it redeems Mjonir, Mythological Heroes and Online Pass, so same thing as the voucher, but not the same code as the voucher! score![/QUOTE]

I entered code on the website and it just had "Mythological Heroes". Did yours mention the other content?

I was able to successfully pick up my GoW Ascension CE preorder in the store yesterday. They had it behind the CS station with a price sticker attached, my name emblazoned on the front. Thank you, store #1421. However, I used $10 in reward certificates, and the girl did the account lookup instead of scanning the ones I printed. So I did not get credit for the $5 deposit I made in January. A quick trip back to the CS counter, 3 people and 10 minutes later, they realized I paid $85 +tax and were going to return and re-buy. That would have been a nightmare for the Unlocked 1000 point bonus as well as $17 in Shopkick rewards. They finally issued me a $5.40 refund via a PRICE MATCH transaction. Hope everything works out.

Moral of the story? Print your RZ certificates. Don't allow them to auto-apply them.

P.S. They couldn't/wouldn't look up my Shopkick account to earn kicks for the cash I did spend, but at least I'm still getting RZ points. Also, my CE is missing the preorder bonus code, it's not on my receipt, and I haven't received any email yet. Having patience for a few more hours.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I entered code on the website and it just had "Mythological Heroes". Did yours mention the other content?[/QUOTE]

"Mythological Heroes" is the first one that shows up, but you should see the code redeems 3 things.

[quote name='thunder2']I was able to successfully pick up my GoW Ascension CE preorder in the store yesterday. They had it behind the CS station with a price sticker attached, my name emblazoned on the front. Thank you, store #1421. However, I used $10 in reward certificates, and the girl did the account lookup instead of scanning the ones I printed. So I did not get credit for the $5 deposit I made in January. A quick trip back to the CS counter, 3 people and 10 minutes later, they realized I paid $85 +tax and were going to return and re-buy. That would have been a nightmare for the Unlocked 1000 point bonus as well as $17 in Shopkick rewards. They finally issued me a $5.40 refund via a PRICE MATCH transaction. Hope everything works out.

Moral of the story? Print your RZ certificates. Don't allow them to auto-apply them.

P.S. They couldn't/wouldn't look up my Shopkick account to earn kicks for the cash I did spend, but at least I'm still getting RZ points. Also, my CE is missing the preorder bonus code, it's not on my receipt, and I haven't received any email yet. Having patience for a few more hours.[/QUOTE]

To get your bonus DLC, click the link below and follow instruction there. I didn't get mine either, but they quickly emailed me one within a couple of hours:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming...rder-Bonuses/m-p/666234/highlight/true#M18731

My Revengeance pickup still isn't showing, but I now have another 1,000 points pending. They would have to be from that, I got my $20 cert from DS3 today and I haven't picked up anything else other than Revengeance in the preorder bonus deal since.

when i was picking up my pre order i was being charged 69.99 and that was after the deposit lmao. after 40 min it was fixed and i got my copy. all the vouchers were inside the case and i got a dlc code in my email. whats the email code for ?

oh and for the ps all stars dlc could i download it straight to my vita or do i have to download it onto my ps3 and transfer it ?

[quote name='Elektr0ns']Side question regarding pre-orders. The DLC code for content... Is it emailed to you or you pick up when getting game?[/QUOTE]

That seems to be the problem. From what I gather on the bestbuy forums and here. If picked up in-store and you got the regular ed it should be in the actual game box, if you got the CE you should contact one of the reps on the bestbuy forums about it as they'll have to email you a code.

If you ordered online you should receive a email with a code regardless what edition you got. Seems instead of combing through the order trying to find CE ones they just said fuck it just send one to everyone who order one it's easier. So those with the regular ed are getting two sets of codes.

[quote name='thunder2']I was able to successfully pick up my GoW Ascension CE preorder in the store yesterday. They had it behind the CS station with a price sticker attached, my name emblazoned on the front. Thank you, store #1421. However, I used $10 in reward certificates, and the girl did the account lookup instead of scanning the ones I printed. So I did not get credit for the $5 deposit I made in January. A quick trip back to the CS counter, 3 people and 10 minutes later, they realized I paid $85 +tax and were going to return and re-buy. That would have been a nightmare for the Unlocked 1000 point bonus as well as $17 in Shopkick rewards. They finally issued me a $5.40 refund via a PRICE MATCH transaction. Hope everything works out.

[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, that might explain why my MGR purchase isn't up or showing as pending and my TR is. I had them apply a $20 cert at the register for my MGR purchase.

[quote name='strait edge follower']when i was picking up my pre order i was being charged 69.99 and that was after the deposit lmao. after 40 min it was fixed and i got my copy. all the vouchers were inside the case and i got a dlc code in my email. whats the email code for ?

oh and for the ps all stars dlc could i download it straight to my vita or do i have to download it onto my ps3 and transfer it ?[/QUOTE]

Well I guess my previous statement is null and void. fuck IT!! CODES FOR EVERYONE!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!:whee:

... I do know All Stars code won't work until they release the dlc on the store apparently, but once it does, yeah you can download it straight to the vita.

so when do these 20$ coupons normaly expire ? this is the first one that i will be getting from the rz program so this is new to me. what im going to use it on depends on when it expires

[quote name='kellte2']Not necessarily true. I remember preordering the Hardened Edition of Black Ops 2 online for in-store pickup. When I arrived to pickup my order, it had not been set aside despite receiving an email that said my order was ready for pickup. Fortunately, I got there in the morning and two Hardened Editions were still available, but lesson learned.[/QUOTE]

Just saying how my store is from what I found out last night. Obviously YMMV based on what the store procedure is but mine is definitely how I specified.

Granted I work in Computers and Tablets so I'm not in gaming but I have a good bit of knowledge with how the other departments work.

No email for me yet for the God of War stuff, I'll give it a little more time before sending them a message, I'm really enjoying the multi so definitely want to get as much stuff for it as I can.

EDIT: Unrelated to the sale, but does anybody else's Kratos statue not fit into both of the pegs on the rock stand? I can only get one of his feet in due the position he's standing in and just wanted to check if that's how it's supposed to be.

[quote name='panda911']In the future, if possible, try to order any CEs online. This way they literally have to put your name on the item and email you that they have it. I'd also imagine any screw-ups using this method would be met with harsher discipline from corporate.[/QUOTE]

not true at all.. i've had dozens of store pickup items go missing or given to someone else. Just this tuesday when I went to do a store pickup i literally saw the guy go to someone else's order rip off their name and put my name on it because they couldn't find mine. They really have no discipline and don't care if an order has a name on it or not.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']not true at all.. i've had dozens of store pickup items go missing or given to someone else. Just this tuesday when I went to do a store pickup i literally saw the guy go to someone else's order rip off their name and put my name on it because they couldn't find mine. They really have no discipline and don't care if an order has a name on it or not.[/QUOTE]

Well then I don't know what to tell you guys beside you have shitty stores and you should be calling corporate and complaining anyway so they can fix the problem. I know how to get my shit and if you don't that's on you one way or another.

First and foremost, I have been a huge supporter of Best Buy.

Short as I can...
I went to pick up my God of War copy today. They rang it up and she hit total. She forgot to scan my card. Manager came over and voided the transaction prior to payment. Take two. She rings it out. Preorder Bonus rang up. Card scanned. She hits total. Price is now $69ish. I am like what the hell. The Preorder Bonus didn't ring out at 0.00. fucking figures. Knowing Best Buy like I do, if I tried Round 3 it would still be incorrectly rang out. So... I called the Silver Reward line (yes, I am Silver). I figured they would just credit my reward zone $5 but no I get the transfer to post purchase department. Oh... they forgot to punch the transfer code so eventually the line gets transferred to a operator. After telling them I need to go to post purchase, they decide to send me to the gaming department. The gaming person decides to call the store to resolve the issue. 30 minutes later, she says the manager will give me the difference if I come back to the store. Again, knowing Best Buy, they will try to return/rebuy; thus voiding the $20 RZ promo. Now it is a write off. Best Buy gave me zero RZ points. This is customer service at its worst.

Through the years, I have apologized for this mishaps and just dealt with them for the good deals + PM possibilities. With Best Buy sunsetting the PM policy, I think this was the straw to break the camels back. I think I am officially done with them (minus Deal of Day exceptions).

[quote name='panda911']Well then I don't know what to tell you guys beside you have shitty stores and you should be calling corporate and complaining anyway so they can fix the problem. I know how to get my shit and if you don't that's on you one way or another.[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with "knowing how to get your shit". Some stores and/or employees just don't care and frankly, corporate isn't going to get too upset about the fact that you didn't get your collector's edition. They will simply send you a gift card or some points and be done with it.

[quote name='lordopus99']First and foremost, I have been a huge supporter of Best Buy.

Short as I can...
I went to pick up my God of War copy today. They rang it up and she hit total. She forgot to scan my card. Manager came over and voided the transaction prior to payment. Take two. She rings it out. Preorder Bonus rang up. Card scanned. She hits total. Price is now $69ish. I am like what the hell. The Preorder Bonus didn't ring out at 0.00. fucking figures. Knowing Best Buy like I do, if I tried Round 3 it would still be incorrectly rang out. So... I called the Silver Reward line (yes, I am Silver). I figured they would just credit my reward zone $5 but no I get the transfer to post purchase department. Oh... they forgot to punch the transfer code so eventually the line gets transferred to a operator. After telling them I need to go to post purchase, they decide to send me to the gaming department. The gaming person decides to call the store to resolve the issue. 30 minutes later, she says the manager will give me the difference if I come back to the store. Again, knowing Best Buy, they will try to return/rebuy; thus voiding the $20 RZ promo. Now it is a write off. Best Buy gave me zero RZ points. This is customer service at its worst.

Through the years, I have apologized for this mishaps and just dealt with them for the good deals + PM possibilities. With Best Buy sunsetting the PM policy, I think this was the straw to break the camels back. I think I am officially done with them (minus Deal of Day exceptions).[/QUOTE]
I know, it is sometimes very hard to love Best Buy.
For me, the biggest gripe is that they couldn't hold preorders, and have the audacity to let me go to another store, as if gas and time (in L.A. traffic) are free.

Glad I didn't preorder God of War. Rent it from Redbox and already beat it. Only had it one day. Took me about 11 hours on Hard. Got all the Trophies except the one online trophy and Plat. Man so close to the platinum but I'll eventually pick it up so I'm not too upset.

I forgot I had pre-ordered a Bioshock premium at Gamestop and now I see that the premium is sold at at Best Buy. I want the 20 reward zone cert but i really want that premium now that I know its rare.

I dunno what to do. I have certs and stuff that brings the price down at Best Buy. I wonder if I could some how move that credit over to game stop or something.

I picked up my pre-order for God of War CE today and my pre-order code was on my receipt and also e-mailed to me. It was odd how both my pre-order and CE code came with an online pass, but either way I'm just glad my pre-order bonus came with my game despite what others are reporting.

anyone knows if the UPC code of God of war vanilla copy the same as the regular version? I want to get it now to play for spring break then return it when target has the B2G1 sale

[quote name='red_devil32']anyone knows if the UPC code of God of war vanilla copy the same as the regular version? I want to get it now to play for spring break then return it when target has the B2G1 sale[/QUOTE]

That's return fraud.

[quote name='bojay1997']It has nothing to do with "knowing how to get your shit". Some stores and/or employees just don't care and frankly, corporate isn't going to get too upset about the fact that you didn't get your collector's edition. They will simply send you a gift card or some points and be done with it.[/QUOTE]

If you honestly believe that corporate doesn't care if a store screws up one customer's order "dozens" of times as jr claims, then I don't know what to do except laugh. I don't think corporate liked sending me a gift card worth the full amount of the item the two times they sold an item out from underneath me (Skyrim CE guide, in-store pickup and Blops 2 hardened, preorder in store via kiosk). If this happened "dozens" of times, you'd better believe there would be some changes, especially if the store or employees didn't care. At a certain point, you have to fend for yourself and get your shit if you want it.

[quote name='htz']The new PM policy requires you to do it at time of purchase if you're matching with a competitor. In order to do that you have to pre-order in-store.

Doing an online order would require you to call into customer service on date of release which is not considered a pre-order. You also can't price match a pre-order, I have confirmed this with Kyle. I have even tried it myself and a rep tried to put it through but system rejected it since it can't do a refund on what is a pending charge that has not completed.[/QUOTE]

I have done 3 Pre order PM over the phone

[quote name='panda911']If you honestly believe that corporate doesn't care if a store screws up one customer's order "dozens" of times as jr claims, then I don't know what to do except laugh. I don't think corporate liked sending me a gift card worth the full amount of the item the two times they sold an item out from underneath me (Skyrim CE guide, in-store pickup and Blops 2 hardened, preorder in store via kiosk). If this happened "dozens" of times, you'd better believe there would be some changes, especially if the store or employees didn't care. At a certain point, you have to fend for yourself and get your shit if you want it.[/QUOTE]

You assume that most customers call and complain. They don't. Many simply go to Gamestop or Target or another retailer and get the game there or settle for the non-collector's version. Not everyone has the time or patience to battle Best Buy every time they screw up and I have shopped at many Best Buy locations over the past few years and I can say with great certainty that the employees and individual stores screw up repeatedly.

In fact, when I went to pick up my GOW CE last night, they damaged my copy when they pulled the pick-up slip with my name on it that they had taped to the box and they ended up giving me someone else's copy and I would assume that other person ended up with the damaged box. Sometimes with Best Buy, it just depends who you deal with and when you get there. It's not about fending for yourself, it's about having a back-up plan when they screw up.

[quote name='cyrus102']I have done 3 Pre order PM over the phone[/QUOTE]
What you quoted is the official policy, but you ended with the 3 PMs because it depends on the phone rep following policy or not. YMMV on getting pre-order PMs in the future, so just don't expect them to happen all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back