Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bojay1997']You assume that most customers call and complain. They don't. Many simply go to Gamestop or Target or another retailer and get the game there or settle for the non-collector's version. Not everyone has the time or patience to battle Best Buy every time they screw up and I have shopped at many Best Buy locations over the past few years and I can say with great certainty that the employees and individual stores screw up repeatedly.

In fact, when I went to pick up my GOW CE last night, they damaged my copy when they pulled the pick-up slip with my name on it that they had taped to the box and they ended up giving me someone else's copy and I would assume that other person ended up with the damaged box. Sometimes with Best Buy, it just depends who you deal with and when you get there. It's not about fending for yourself, it's about having a back-up plan when they screw up.[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you said and as such I don't see the point you're trying to make any more. You're saying everything I originally said. If you don't call and complain to BBY, don't expect anything to change. If it's a big enough deal to you, you'll complain and "get your shit." In your anecdote, the customer who receives the marred box can decide if it's of any consequence to him. He can complain to corporate or he can let it go and should not be surprised if any items are marred in the future by employees. It's that simple.

[quote name='panda911']I agree with everything you said and as such I don't see the point you're trying to make any more. You're saying everything I originally said. If you don't call and complain to BBY, don't expect anything to change. If it's a big enough deal to you, you'll complain and "get your shit." In your anecdote, the customer who receives the marred box can decide if it's of any consequence to him. He can complain to corporate or he can let it go and should not be surprised if any items are marred in the future by employees. It's that simple.[/QUOTE]

I think you missed the point. Ultimately, the individual stores and employees may or may not care, but if they do care, it's because they are good people and not because they are afraid of corporate. I have also had many friends who worked at BB over the years and ultimately, they will tell you the same thing. Corporate could care less as long as the store's overall numbers and profitability are good each month.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Got my points for Metal Gear *and* Tomb Raider this morning, creating a $40 certificate. Arrgh, wish it was two $20s instead...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just noticed I got my $60 from the last 3 games as 1 cert. Can't even use that on a single game. :roll: Anyone ever got BB to split up an issued cert? Guess I could use it to pre-order Injustice and Last of Us together if nothing else.

[quote name='j.t']Glad I didn't preorder God of War. Rent it from Redbox and already beat it. Only had it one day. Took me about 11 hours on Hard. Got all the Trophies except the one online trophy and Plat. Man so close to the platinum but I'll eventually pick it up so I'm not too upset.[/QUOTE]

I wish the Redbox where I work would get new games in a timely fashion. Seems like we are always a few weeks behind and don't even get some games even though they are advertised on the board.

[quote name='red_devil32']anyone knows if the UPC code of God of war vanilla copy the same as the regular version? I want to get it now to play for spring break then return it when target has the B2G1 sale[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Anexanhume']That's return fraud.[/QUOTE]

It's not return fraud as long as a sealed copy with the same UPC is returned to the original place of purchase.

[quote name='Killbomb']It's not return fraud as long as a sealed copy with the same UPC is returned to the original place of purchase.[/QUOTE]

The UPC for BB's standard version is unique, other stores appear to have the same UPC.

[quote name='bojay1997']I think you missed the point. Ultimately, the individual stores and employees may or may not care, but if they do care, it's because they are good people and not because they are afraid of corporate. I have also had many friends who worked at BB over the years and ultimately, they will tell you the same thing. Corporate could care less as long as the store's overall numbers and profitability are good each month.[/QUOTE]

Clearly then we were having two different conversations. And if that's the case, no wonder they're in the shitter. They have no one to blame but themselves.

[quote name='Killbomb']Yeah, I just noticed I got my $60 from the last 3 games as 1 cert. Can't even use that on a single game. :roll: Anyone ever got BB to split up an issued cert? Guess I could use it to pre-order Injustice and Last of Us together if nothing else.

I wish the Redbox where I work would get new games in a timely fashion. Seems like we are always a few weeks behind and don't even get some games even though they are advertised on the board.

It's not return fraud as long as a sealed copy with the same UPC is returned to the original place of purchase.[/QUOTE]

On believe me, certain people consider it return fraud. I was even silenced for it just last week.

[quote name='Killbomb']Yeah, I just noticed I got my $60 from the last 3 games as 1 cert. Can't even use that on a single game. :roll: Anyone ever got BB to split up an issued cert? Guess I could use it to pre-order Injustice and Last of Us together if nothing else.[/QUOTE]

Yes, did it last week. However, I am silver and can bank points. I just had a brain fart and issued a $50 cert which I couldn't use if I PM $49.99 games. I called in and they "rebanked" them for me.

[quote name='panda911']Well then I don't know what to tell you guys beside you have shitty stores and you should be calling corporate and complaining anyway so they can fix the problem. I know how to get my shit and if you don't that's on you one way or another.[/QUOTE]

lol what? you're blaming us for a store's mistake? Just becuase you got "lucky" doesn't mean you're doing something better than us.

do a store pickup for something rare or hard to find and you will very easily have it happen to you.

and sorry but calling and complaining does nothing.. a big corporation does not care about someones order screwing up. They will give a refund or try to get you another copy that's it and move on.

[quote name='panda911']If you honestly believe that corporate doesn't care if a store screws up one customer's order "dozens" of times as jr claims, then I don't know what to do except laugh. I don't think corporate liked sending me a gift card worth the full amount of the item the two times they sold an item out from underneath me (Skyrim CE guide, in-store pickup and Blops 2 hardened, preorder in store via kiosk). If this happened "dozens" of times, you'd better believe there would be some changes, especially if the store or employees didn't care. At a certain point, you have to fend for yourself and get your shit if you want it.[/QUOTE]

corporate is not going to give you free money for an item not available. They will give you a refund or they will try to find another item.. they dont' give a shit about if you got your item or not.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']corporate is not going to give you free money for an item not available. They will give you a refund or they will try to find another item.. they dont' give a shit about if you got your item or not.[/QUOTE]

Lulz Ok pal. You're right. Best Buy didn't mail me $120 in gift cards and OEM a copy of the Skyrim CE guide from another store 90 minutes away. Or like I said maybe you can't get your shit.

Uhhh....okay, lets all take a chill pill and chillax. Time to get back on track here. Just found out about Defiance. Didn't see it listed here for the $20 promo. Much sadness. Or am I mistaken and it's actually on some master list somewhere?

[quote name='panda911']Lulz Ok pal. You're right. Best Buy didn't mail me $120 in gift cards and OEM a copy of the Skyrim CE guide from another store 90 minutes away. Or like I said maybe you can't get your shit.[/QUOTE]

Pics or didn't happen.

[quote name='Killbomb']Yeah, I just noticed I got my $60 from the last 3 games as 1 cert. Can't even use that on a single game. :roll: Anyone ever got BB to split up an issued cert? Guess I could use it to pre-order Injustice and Last of Us together if nothing else.[/QUOTE]

I am wondering the same thing.

since that 60$ coupon takes off the pre tax total why dont you just toss in a soda or a 99 cent psp/ps2 game and bump the pre tax total to over 59.99$ ? that way you can use it on a single game :D

Is there anyone out there who pre-ordered Tomb Raider (standard) on PS3 and picked the game up on Tuesday the day it came out who does NOT have the 1000 points pending? Just trying to see if I am alone in this since I see people posted their TR points are pending.

Both my GoW and TR points are pending. My Crysis and DS3 points never showed as pending until the points posted. Who the hell knows with this promotion.

You mean the 1000 bonus points are pending as well? That is odd overall, my God of War CE isn't even pending on my account and I picked up on Tuesday, but I know it can take 3-5 days for a transaction to show in general.

you can just buy a cheap impulse item near the register. iirc, the cheapest thing at best buy to buy is a tic tac for $1.50.

Even though it seems annoying to require a subtotal amount above your $60 reward, the cert is better than a gift card in that it lowers your taxable amount. They are treated like a coupon being applied before your taxable amount is determined which means you actually pay less the way the certs are treated. Buying a tic tac with a Day 1 game will basically cost you $1.50 plus tax out of pocket (tax will be off the $1.50 not $60) while if you had the chance to use the $60 like a gift card, your out of pocket cost would be the tax amount on the $60.

Just noticed SEF's post, so you can either come out ahead with a game and fresh minty breath or a game with Type I diabetes. Seems like a good deal to me either way :)

[quote name='Donut2922']you can just buy a cheap impulse item near the register. iirc, the cheapest thing at best buy to buy is a tic tac for $1.50.

Even though it seems annoying to require a subtotal amount above your $60 reward, the cert is better than a gift card in that it lowers your taxable amount. They are treated like a coupon being applied before your taxable amount is determined which means you actually pay less the way the certs are treated. Buying a tic tac with a Day 1 game will basically cost you $1.50 plus tax out of pocket (tax will be off the $1.50 not $60) while if you had the chance to use the $60 like a gift card, your out of pocket cost would be the tax amount on the $60.

Just noticed Saix's post, so you can either come out ahead with a game and fresh minty breath or a game with Type I diabetes. Seems like a good deal to me either way :)[/QUOTE]

I don't think I made that post you are referring to sir...

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Is there anyone out there who pre-ordered Tomb Raider (standard) on PS3 and picked the game up on Tuesday the day it came out who does NOT have the 1000 points pending? Just trying to see if I am alone in this since I see people posted their TR points are pending.[/QUOTE]

I picked up my standard PS3 Tomb Raider about 2 days after release and my 1000 points have been pending for around 4 days. I also have Premiere Silver so that could speed up the process of my purchases.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']I picked up my standard PS3 Tomb Raider about 2 days after release and my 1000 points have been pending for around 4 days. I also have Premiere Silver so that could speed up the process of my purchases.[/QUOTE]

I am premiere silver as well....very odd...I hope I won't have to call in 3 weeks and ask them for it manually.

YMMV day 1 $45-$50 gears pm
Other recent $20 games can be pm'd too

TRU weekly ad $10 GC or $35 GC
$50 or 2 for $85($90 w/6% tax) $45 each

Last edited by a moderator:
tomb raider and dead space 3 both turned into one $40 cert out of nowhere, DS3 never was pending 1000 neither was TR. Put it immediately towards Last of Us

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Is there anyone out there who pre-ordered Tomb Raider (standard) on PS3 and picked the game up on Tuesday the day it came out who does NOT have the 1000 points pending? Just trying to see if I am alone in this since I see people posted their TR points are pending.[/QUOTE]

I am in the same boat as you. PS3, day one. I am also Silver. I'm more concerned that my Metal Gear points still aren't showing since I am seeing it appearing for others now. Will wait till Monday or Tuesday before I call, I think. Tomb Raider I will give more time, though. This is pretty early to be getting points for that, even though a lucky few already have.

My transaction Is not showing up at all. I tried reporting it as missing points but it tells me the transaction has already been posted to my account. On another note my MGR limited edition points are now showing pending

I have Tomb Raider pending but no 1,000 showing. Picked up on release day, PS3, not silver.

Metal Gear isnt showing at all but told its showing on their end as well as another thing I bought that same day on a different transaction.

You're not the only one, I picked up Crysis 3 and Tomb Raider on release day and no 1000 pts pending for either one. Crysis 3 purchase pts already clear and Tomb Raider purchase pts pending. I'm also Silver member.

I picked it up on release day and I only see the points for purchase, I don't see anything about the bonus yet.

...aaand I still have nothing regarding my Metal Gear Rising (missing) points :( Tried 'reporting' it on the site and used my receipt info -- yet it says that it's been already recorded or something. Does this mean I should call already?

You should call 35 days after purchase if it dost post to your account.

It it says its recorded that mean it shows on their end but not yours and all should be fine.

anyone here work at bestbuy, no one at my store knows how to do preorder pickups, I was there for 30 mins today trying to get God of War, they claim the system changed in the past few months. if you know the steps please post it so I can print it and give it to them...

[quote name='skycat561']anyone here work at bestbuy, no one at my store knows how to do preorder pickups, I was there for 30 mins today trying to get God of War, they claim the system changed in the past few months. if you know the steps please post it so I can print it and give it to them...[/QUOTE]

It's stores and employees like these that I detest. If they don't know something that's fine. BUT FIND OUT! Why is it up to the customer to figure out how their system works? They should be the ones calling corporate or another store to ask what to do.

If I was you I would go back to the store and be like "Did you all figure it out yet?"...."Oh...well how about we call corporate and ask for someone who works with stores to figure it out with you?" If they refuse call corporate and complain that employees there do not know how to do their job and refuse to work to figure it out.

Well this is all kinds of confusing for me...

Tomb Raider-Picked up on the 5th, paid it off with gift card and RZ. 0 points pending
God of War Ascension CE-Picked up on the 12th, paid it off with gift card and RZ. 1000 points pending.

A transaction from 2 days ago is showing up just fine, but one from last week is having issues. Hopefully this means all future transactions will be smooth and they were going through a troubleshooting phase with the earlier games, ironing out all the issues.

[quote name='newtype06']...aaand I still have nothing regarding my Metal Gear Rising (missing) points :( Tried 'reporting' it on the site and used my receipt info -- yet it says that it's been already recorded or something. Does this mean I should call already?[/QUOTE]
Best Buy's front end system is a big fubar. They have a back end system. For the most part, they don't talk to each other. Hence the case you have and I have. I am missing not only this purchase on the front end but also other non-gaming purchases. Just another of Best Buy's atrocious decisions in their POS (yes both Point of Sale and Piece of Shit).

To answer your question, I called them about these missing purchases a while back and they told me they have them. My guess is they have yours too. We just have so many more days to wait.

[quote name='Donut2922']you can just buy a cheap impulse item near the register. iirc, the cheapest thing at best buy to buy is a tic tac for $1.50.

Just noticed SEF's post, so you can either come out ahead with a game and fresh minty breath or a game with Type I diabetes. Seems like a good deal to me either way :)[/QUOTE]

That's true but I do my pre-orders online with in-store pickup so I save a trip to the store. Unfortunately, they won't let me pre-order some orange Tic-Tacs. :D It's not that big of a deal really since I planned on getting Injustice and Last of Us from Best Buy anyway.

[quote name='megma42']pre-order of injustice is $44.99 on TRU website if Best Buy will match it.[/QUOTE]

Do you still get the 1000 point bonus with the pre-order?

Not complaining since it hasn't been 35 days yet, but I think it's kind of funny/strange that my God of War bonus 1000 are already showing while Tomb Raider's aren't.

[quote name='Ahkward']Do you still get the 1000 point bonus with the pre-order?[/QUOTE]

You should get the bonus points, but its YMMV on the PM since they're not suppose to in this situation.

[quote name='skycat561']anyone here work at bestbuy, no one at my store knows how to do preorder pickups, I was there for 30 mins today trying to get God of War, they claim the system changed in the past few months. if you know the steps please post it so I can print it and give it to them...[/QUOTE]

Don't work them but I know what to do.
Only pre-orders can be done on the transaction(no other items)
After the employee logs into the register they need to use an ''F'' key for ''pre-orders'' I believe it's F7.
From there u decide how much to put down from $5 to the full total with tax(if app) & at that point it's a normal purchase.

If the F key isn't done 1st they gotta log out & begin again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back