Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Saix_XIII']That is 100% not true. They pulled that crap on me a few weeks ago and I was the person who brought the huge oversight and crap training to the BB forum peoples attention. If they pull this on you point them to this:
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Victory-Can-Be-Pre-Ordered-2013-FAQ/td-p/659585

That says flat out that using RZ/GC does not void the 1000 points.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man! This makes me feel a lot better, because if what I was just told was true I would be pissed! The only reason I paid the $14.99 to become a member was because of these $20 certificates.

Very frequently I play the hell out of a game and trade it in towards the next. So for instance, I preordered, bought and played Tomb Raider for about a week straight. Got all 750 single player achievements out of it and just traded it in for $37.80 and wanted to use it towards my Bioshock infinite preorder.

Do you guys have the best luck by pre-ordering off bestbuy.com, or going into an actual store? Thanks for all the help and input guys!

[quote name='Bigmeat23']Thanks man! This makes me feel a lot better, because if what I was just told was true I would be pissed! The only reason I paid the $14.99 to become a member was because of these $20 certificates.

Very frequently I play the hell out of a game and trade it in towards the next. So for instance, I preordered, bought and played Tomb Raider for about a week straight. Got all 750 single player achievements out of it and just traded it in for $37.80 and wanted to use it towards my Bioshock infinite preorder.

Do you guys have the best luck by pre-ordering off bestbuy.com, or going into an actual store? Thanks for all the help and input guys![/QUOTE]

I believe that is personal preference. I prefer going into the store, that way I can see everything I get, make sure there are no mistakes, and also support my local Best Buy. Some people prefer online because they just place the order and wait for the game to show up.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I believe that is personal preference. I prefer going into the store, that way I can see everything I get, make sure there are no mistakes, and also support my local Best Buy. Some people prefer online because they just place the order and wait for the game to show up.[/QUOTE]

Ok, yea I just meant with the 1000 points posting. I just know when I picked up these last 2 preorders (my first 2 ever) that it has taken 15-20 mins to get checked out because no one knows how to process the damn thing, lol. Which is why I originally thought my points weren't posting because they messed something up.

On a side note, I was just in a best buy about 3 hours ago trying to preorder Bioshock and was told I couldn't anymore because it was coming out next week and they had taken to many preorders. I told them, it does NOT come out this week, and asked is this just for your store or all best buys. They told me all best buys..... I called bull shit, and called another best buy 20 mins away and sure enough they were still taking preorders. Very confused......

My experience thus far with this whole gamer unlocked and bonus certificates....TOTAL HELL!

[quote name='Bigmeat23']Ok, yea I just meant with the 1000 points posting. I just know when I picked up these last 2 preorders (my first 2 ever) that it has taken 15-20 mins to get checked out because no one knows how to process the damn thing, lol. Which is why I originally thought my points weren't posting because they messed something up.

On a side note, I was just in a best buy about 3 hours ago trying to preorder Bioshock and was told I couldn't anymore because it was coming out next week and they had taken to many preorders. I told them, it does NOT come out this week, and asked is this just for your store or all best buys. They told me all best buys..... I called bull shit, and called another best buy 20 mins away and sure enough they were still taking preorders. Very confused......

My experience thus far with this whole gamer unlocked and bonus certificates....TOTAL HELL![/QUOTE]

It sounds like your store is the issue, not GCU. Talk with the store manager and see what you can get done, if nothing else call corporate and file a complaint to try and get the store fixed. You can also post on the official BB forums, they take a few days to reply, but they are usually very helpful.

[quote name='Deader2818']I know the Premiums for Bioshock are sold out.[/QUOTE]
Yea....I just want the regular...

[quote name='Saix_XIII']It sounds like your store is the issue, not GCU. Talk with the store manager and see what you can get done, if nothing else call corporate and file a complaint to try and get the store fixed. You can also post on the official BB forums, they take a few days to reply, but they are usually very helpful.[/QUOTE]

I think you may be right. I may have to call and file a complaint, because I have had a lot of issues. I'm missing all kinds of points for trade in's, and like I said they have NO CLUE how to run a pre-order pick up transaction.

I think I may start doing all my pre-orders online.

I just signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked last month, was I supposed to get a B2G1 free coupon? I've seen a few people on here mention it.

[quote name='diplo']I just signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked last month, was I supposed to get a B2G1 free coupon? I've seen a few people on here mention it.[/QUOTE]
I think they stopped that.

[quote name='lordopus99']I think they stopped that.[/QUOTE]
I don't think so. They still mention it in the renewal email.

[quote name='diplo']I just signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked last month, was I supposed to get a B2G1 free coupon? I've seen a few people on here mention it.[/QUOTE]

I went to the unboxed forums and told them I didn't receive my coupons and a few days later they emailed them to me.

You're supposed to get a set of four coupons - including the B2G1 free - via email when you subscribe and then yearly when you renew. I posted in the thread in the BBY Forum, waited until a mod said to email him, and then had to wait for the coupons to be processed. Took about 1 1/2 weeks start to finish, but I have them now (they expire 4/30).

Wow. fucking customer support. I'm trying to call in about changing my @gamer subscription from a digital to physical subscription and then get my $20 for exchanging my GoW for the CE after pre-ordering it and instead they're bouncing me around to other sections of support that they didnt even mention, then hanging up on me for no reason.

[quote name='TheCro']Wow. fucking customer support. I'm trying to call in about changing my @gamer subscription from a digital to physical subscription and then get my $20 for exchanging my GoW for the CE after pre-ordering it and instead they're bouncing me around to other sections of support that they didnt even mention, then hanging up on me for no reason.[/QUOTE]

Didn't they stop physical subs for anyone after a certain date? And GOW:A just came out..?

i pre ordered bioshock and i cant wait for it ! im done with this promo for now untill the last of us is almost released. theres no need for me to pre order it this early as im only getting the reg edition

[quote name='TheCro']Wow. fucking customer support. I'm trying to call in about changing my @gamer subscription from a digital to physical subscription and then get my $20 for exchanging my GoW for the CE after pre-ordering it and instead they're bouncing me around to other sections of support that they didnt even mention, then hanging up on me for no reason.[/QUOTE]
If you didn't preorder the CE version, good luck getting the $20 RZ in 30/35 days.

[quote name='lordopus99']If you didn't preorder the CE version, good luck getting the $20 RZ in 30/35 days.[/QUOTE]

I did. I pre-ordered the CE originally, but bought the regular edition because my store didn't have a copy of it on release. Ended up checking the next day and returning the regular copy of it because they had one in stock.

[quote name='strait edge follower']i pre ordered bioshock and i cant wait for it ! im done with this promo for now untill the last of us is almost released. theres no need for me to pre order it this early as im only getting the reg edition[/QUOTE]
LOL, you ordering a second game at msrp price? what has the world come to .

Cancel my Bioshock preorder and put that towards Last of Us Survival Edition. Gonna try to PM Fry's Bioshock preorder online tomorrow. If not, I'm just end up Redboxing it like I did with Tomb Raider and God of War.

[quote name='strait edge follower']i pre ordered bioshock and i cant wait for it ! im done with this promo for now untill the last of us is almost released. theres no need for me to pre order it this early as im only getting the reg edition[/QUOTE]

Yep same here, I do want Bioshock Infinite & TLoU (But I have that pre-ordered over at Gamestop) Sadly my GCU ended a little before GoW Ascension came out, so I had to cancel that. I'll just wait till both get cheaper, or renew till BB adds more pre-order games that I may be interested in.

[quote name='YBX87']LOL, you ordering a second game at msrp price? what has the world come to .[/QUOTE]

hey now its not all bad. im using bestbuy credit so they are giving me 20$ back with this promo which makes it 40$ at launch. if it wasnt for this promo i would wait till the summer like i usually do lmao. with these rz coupons i will end up getting the last of us for next to nothing so it evens out. not to mention this is a good thing to transfer my gamestop credit to that i havent needed for awhile

tomb raider points still does not show up. Pissed me off so I returned god of war preorder and went to target to get the B2G1 deal. Got 3 games then return 2 immediately for $40 each which made God of war basically $40 same as this but without the hassle and waiting >.

[quote name='red_devil32']tomb raider points still does not show up. Pissed me off so I returned god of war preorder and went to target to get the B2G1 deal. Got 3 games then return 2 immediately for $40 each which made God of war basically $40 same as this but without the hassle and waiting >.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Already got my points for GoW CE. Once again, in store pickup works fast and without a hassle.[/QUOTE]

This. I pre-ordered GOW on 2/17 for pickup and my bonus points were available to use a couple of days after the purchase posted to my account. Going to wait a couple of days for my Tomb Raider bonus points to become available so I can pre-order Infinite. I love BB. :bouncy:

[quote name='sninh']My tomb raider points are pending and should post in 2 days with the silver 15 day posting :D[/QUOTE]

Mine too. Now only if my MGR points would show.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']My Tomb Raider bonus points are still MIA...[/QUOTE]

As long as it was rung up as a preorder pickup and properly included your RZ account. Just be patient.

BB is giving out a poster for GoW: Judgment preorders pickups starting tomorrow.

[quote name='Donut2922']As long as it was rung up as a preorder pickup and properly included your RZ account. Just be patient.

BB is giving out a poster for GoW: Judgment preorders pickups starting tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

What if we ordered online?

EDIT: It says In-Store Only....Was this always listed on the page?? I do not recall seeing it at all before now.

[quote name='Dund3r']PM'd the Fry's price on my Bioshock Infinite order tonight. Good day 1 deal for what should be a great game![/QUOTE]
I don't understand how you guys are PMing pre-orders when its Best Buy policy that they can't. I keep hearing this...

[quote name='Firefox59']I don't understand how you guys are PMing pre-orders when its Best Buy policy that they can't. I keep hearing this...[/QUOTE]

Why do you think they can't?

[quote name='Firefox59']I don't understand how you guys are PMing pre-orders when its Best Buy policy that they can't. I keep hearing this...[/QUOTE]
It mostly depends on if the employee is following policy, sometimes they don't and you benefit from it. Most of the time when they don't follow policy, you end up in frustration.

[quote name='aircobra']Why do you think they can't?[/QUOTE]
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...elp-Judgment/m-p/666364/highlight/true#M88280

[quote name='Saix_XIII']What if we ordered online?

EDIT: It says In-Store Only....Was this always listed on the page?? I do not recall seeing it at all before now.[/QUOTE]

Online preorders are more reliable (as long as your online account has your RZ number uploaded onto your profile). Ever since they took employees out of gaming, I've been doing every preorder online. Just wait.

[quote name='Donut2922']Online preorders are more reliable (as long as your online account has your RZ number uploaded onto your profile). Ever since they took employees out of gaming, I've been doing every preorder online. Just wait.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering if it was just my store.

Which is weird because they still have a lot of people in gaming but they don't have them handle picking up preorders anymore.

It moved to the general "instore pickup" place, which has made it 100% more if a hassle especially because the guys in gaming here were top notch.

Try calling Best buy and got denied Fry's preorder price on Bioshock Infinite. She said they don't pricematch preorder price. Lame, gonna try again different day.

[quote name='evophile']I was wondering if it was just my store.

Which is weird because they still have a lot of people in gaming but they don't have them handle picking up preorders anymore.

It moved to the general "instore pickup" place, which has made it 100% more if a hassle especially because the guys in gaming here were top notch.[/QUOTE]
I think each store's pre-order location depends on the manager's choice. The store close to me still has game pre-orders at the Gaming registers, while another store has them at the pickup section.

[quote name='Donut2922']Online preorders are more reliable (as long as your online account has your RZ number uploaded onto your profile). Ever since they took employees out of gaming, I've been doing every preorder online. Just wait.[/QUOTE]

No no I meant in terms of the poster. I called my store and they are putting on hold for me even though I pre-ordered online. I just think it's odd that they add a poster to the list within a week of the game coming out then make it in-store only.

My BB still has gaming reps and overall everything works fine in store, some minor issues, but nothing major. I prefer doing in store because that way when things happen like this poster issue they are more inclined to help me.

[quote name='evophile']I was wondering if it was just my store.

It moved to the general "instore pickup" place, which has made it 100% more if a hassle especially because the guys in gaming here were top notch.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Best Buy has changed the way they staff gaming employees now. They've now made employees responsible for multiple sections instead of specializing in a specific section. As a result, you'll only see an employee standing in gaming once in awhile. The last few times I walked into my local gaming section, I've had to bother somebody in Mobile or TV to page an employee over to gaming. I've seen cags complain about having to wait 20 minutes or longer to get an employee to help them with preorders in the past. Honestly, any longer than 5 minutes is way too long with the resources they have at your disposal.

Online orders are quicker because the process is automated with those employees so even if you had a line in front of you, it shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes to get to you and have your order in hand and out the door. That's why I've always been an advocate for online orders since an employee is supposed to be staffed at that desk at all times unlike gaming. No possible confusion about returning and applying a deposit towards preorder. Just bring an ID and your credit card if used and the preorder transaction is automatic. No issues with DLC either since you get it emailed to you within the day that you pick it up. Personally, I've preordered online because it's way more convenient to just call in a PM adjustment over their corporate line than having to go back in-store and wait at the returns line.

The only downside is that your form of payment is preauthorized in full at the time of preorder instead of just $5. For in-store bonuses, I've always called on the day of release and requested customer service to put aside the extra swag next to my order.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ I agree 100% Donut. I can't even remember the last time I have done a pre-order in-store at Best Buy. I do all of them online with either expedited shipping or in-store pickup and I have had zero issues with getting my game, preorder bonuses, or pricematching.

Anyone have any indication that they bought metal gear rising pre order on their reward zone as of yet??

Mine looks like I never bought it still

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back