Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
My store (and the policy) indicates that online price matches (amazon, officedepot, newegg) have to be done at the time of purchase, not afterwards. It's dumb. This policy pre-dated all the changes to the program.

[quote name='nbballard']My store (and the policy) indicates that online price matches (amazon, officedepot, newegg) have to be done at the time of purchase, not afterwards. It's dumb. This policy pre-dated all the changes to the program.[/QUOTE]

If you bought the item before the 3rd of March you follow the old policy, the 3rd and after follow the new policy.

Sorry- i was commenting on the "store pick-up" stuff. I bought a Ni No Kuni guide on the website for store pick-up and tried to get a price match later. The store wouldn't adjust it, so i had to call the hotline and they wouldn't pricematch for me after the fact. This was a few months ago.

[quote name='nbballard']Sorry- i was commenting on the "store pick-up" stuff. I bought a Ni No Kuni guide on the website for store pick-up and tried to get a price match later. The store wouldn't adjust it, so i had to call the hotline and they wouldn't pricematch for me after the fact. This was a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

I would have asked to speak to a supervisor or just called back, to me it sounds like you gave up rather easily.

[quote name='nbballard']Sorry- i was commenting on the "store pick-up" stuff. I bought a Ni No Kuni guide on the website for store pick-up and tried to get a price match later. The store wouldn't adjust it, so i had to call the hotline and they wouldn't pricematch for me after the fact. This was a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

When calling Best Buy customer service the #1 rule is be persistent. Make another call if you don't get a good rep or ask for a supervisor like Saix_XIII said to do.

yeah they kept telling my girl crysis 3 at gamestop couldnt be pricematched cuz not the hunter edition. i told her not to hang up til she got that 20 back through price matching. lol. patience persistence etc

also i just got bioshock infinite industrial revolution codes for finkmanufacturing.com. odd

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I would have asked to speak to a supervisor or just called back, to me it sounds like you gave up rather easily.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bumslie']When calling Best Buy customer service the #1 rule is be persistent. Make another call if you don't get a good rep or ask for a supervisor like Saix_XIII said to do.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Velo214']yeah they kept telling my girl crysis 3 at gamestop couldnt be pricematched cuz not the hunter edition. i told her not to hang up til she got that 20 back through price matching. lol. patience persistence etc

also i just got bioshock infinite industrial revolution codes for finkmanufacturing.com. odd[/QUOTE]
Listen to these guys. Be persistent.

[quote name='Dranakin']Argh, had to cancel my Bioshock Infinite preorder. My backlog is suffocating and I just can't justify another purchase.[/QUOTE]
(not buying games because of) Backlog is for pussies.

we all have problems here. i admit i keep getting these games from bestbuy, but they help push me through my backlog at times. i.e. i finally replayed(one gun run) dead space 1 and beat dead space 2 in prep for 3, and currently going through god of war 3 before ascension. (altho i still have a bad cod habit everyday)
i havent spent real money since like 2009 tho, lol. i think lots of cags are just burning through credit.

[quote name='Kevlar338']Can anyone who preordered bioshock tell me how soon after they got the code for industrial revolution ?[/QUOTE]

About 12 hours for me. Ordered it Sunday night, got the code Monday morning. I read somewhere it can take 24-48 hours.

[quote name='Kevlar338']Can anyone who preordered bioshock tell me how soon after they got the code for industrial revolution ?[/QUOTE]
Five days had passed and I still had not received my code after preordering. I had to call best buy to have them email it to me and receive it the next day.

So I called best buy because the purchase transaction for MGR is missing, and thus I am not getting my 20 dollar cert.

They transferred me to the @Gamer service, which only deals with subscriptions.

I love best buy, but their reps dont have a fucking clue sometimes. Im calling the silver line back to try and get ti sorted. Is that who I should call in regards to not having my certificate, specifically because nowhere on my transactions does it indicate I purchased the game?

Edit: Well, I called back and this second lady pushed a 20 dollar certificate through in 5 minutes. I guess some people just arent cut out for their jobs haha

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='newtype06']...it's been almost a month since my Metal Gear Rising purchase and still NO points, or even a record that I purchased it :(

I called and they told me to wait until the 35th day since the system is still, apparently, 'normal' and I might eventually receive it at some point. I knew this whole return-transaction w/ the certificate refund fiasco would screw my points :(

Anybody else experiencing this?[/QUOTE]

I had the same issue man, I called them and the lady pushed a 20 dollar certificate through to my account in 5 minutes. She was able to see when I purchased it, without any info from me.

Got denied on the Metal Gear Rising Amazon PM because the one on Amazon "doesn't come with a digital download". I bet if I would call back, I would get a different excuse from somebody else. It's not even worth any more of my time though for $10 after just wasting 20 minutes on the phone.

[quote name='IamPro']So if we haven't got the MGR points (nothing pending) should we call in or wait a few more days?[/QUOTE]
You should wait for 35 days since the day of purchase or shipment date. The last pre-order I did with that issue was Dead Space 3 and Pre-order points arrived about 20 days pending on my account.

Purchases I made on the 18th cleared on my account today so my purchases from the 19th that arent showing in my account should clear tomorrow. Guess we'll see tomorrow if I need to make a call or not lol

To follow up. I had to call in because I noticed my Tomb Raider points had cleared but the 1000 points did not go through.

When I called they had told me what others had been told before. If you used a giftcard in your transaction, you will not get the $20 cert. I pointed out to him that that was incorrect, and directed him to the forums to show him in the FAQ that if you use a giftcard/reward zone cert you can still get the $20.

He saw it, and fixed it and also had him check my Metal Gear since that was now showing on my end still.

He glady fixed both, and also throw in an extra 500 points for helping him walk through that and showing them that their info on their end isn't matching up with whats on the forums.

Heres the link if needed

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Re...ctory-Can-Be-Pre-Ordered-2013-FAQ/td-p/659585

[quote name='Donut2922']It's been posted before, bonus points will not necessarily clear at the same time. It hasn't even been 3 weeks dude holy cow.[/QUOTE]

It seems with the new return policy though, points clear within 15-20 days. Even during this spend 10 get 10 promo, they said that you should get your $10 cert within 20 days of purchase.

I have never, ever gotten my points to clear before 30 days and any transactions in the last few years and its been pointed out several times before that with Metal Gear and Tomb Raider, there was an issue on their end with paying with giftcards canceled the $20 promo.

hell the guy even told me that their official document said if you use a giftcard, it will void the promo so clearly something is up with their information.

In the end, according to whats in their system, I wasn't going to get the $40 dollars from those two games now, or in 35+ days.

The $20 promo is probably still working on the 35 days of transition. My Dead Space 3 bonus points did not clear until exactly 35 days from my pickup date of Feb. 5th. Several people reported MG:R and Crysis 3 bonus points clearing already but the remaining should clear next week when the 35 days has officially passed.

Even though some transactions are clearing sooner, the return policy was changed on March 3rd. So you technically still have previous transactions that shouldn't clear until the end of this month anyways.

It's not possible to determine whether GC's or certs would nullify the $20 promo because the 35 days hasn't even passed for MG:R and Crysis 3 yet. Tomb Raider isn't even up for another 3 weeks.

The OP clearly states for everyone to wait 35 days. So I would have simply waited the 35 days before doing anything. Best Buy isn't closing their doors within 30 days so it's not a big deal to have my points any sooner. I can wait.

While we are on the topic of the MGR points not showing up... I had 1000 points pending for a few days that just got deposited today. I could not account for them anywhere on my pending points list, but I assumed they are from MGR (I've also picked up Tomb Raider since then, and the transaction is listed, but bonus points are not). So.. for those who did receive their points for Metal Gear, did it actually show up in your transaction history? Or did you just get the 1000 points and deduce that it must be Metal Gear?

[quote name='mpaullin']While we are on the topic of the MGR points not showing up... I had 1000 points pending for a few days that just got deposited today. I could not account for them anywhere on my pending points list, but I assumed they are from MGR (I've also picked up Tomb Raider since then, and the transaction is listed, but bonus points are not). So.. for those who did receive their points for Metal Gear, did it actually show up in your transaction history? Or did you just get the 1000 points and deduce that it must be Metal Gear?[/QUOTE]

I'm in a similar boat as you but with Crysis instead.

I got a $20 cert today that I thought was for Crysis but it seems it was for Tomb Raider as it was pending yesterday and now it's not. And Crysis is nowhere to be found in my history still.

Regarding MGR, I did that one online, so it showed up for me bc it wasn't the ordered on the 19th and I got the points.

[quote name='evophile']I'm in a similar boat as you but with Crysis instead.

I got a $20 cert today that I thought was for Crysis but it seems it was for Tomb Raider as it was pending yesterday and now it's not. And Crysis is nowhere to be found in my history still.

Regarding MGR, I did that one online, so it showed up for me bc it wasn't the ordered on the 19th and I got the points.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I looked at my points more carefully and will elaborate: I had 1000 points clear today AND I currently have 2000 points pending (which look to belong to Tomb Raider and God of War, since they both display bonus points as pending on my account). My initial question/confusion, was whether the 1000 points that cleared today were actually from Metal Gear even though it still hasn't showed up in my point breakdown. This would be a lot less confusing if I didn't buy just about every game offered in the promo so far (picked up Gears Tuesday) and if Best Buy would not display/clear points in a random order.

So from what I have been reading, people are recommending to preorder online for instore pickup, and the points come much faster?

I need to preorder bioshock still, so do you guys still recommend doing it online?

[quote name='cigaro']So from what I have been reading, people are recommending to preorder online for instore pickup, and the points come much faster?

I need to preorder bioshock still, so do you guys still recommend doing it online?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can preorder till monday online. If you want it guaranteed on release day then do in store pickup, If not you can do shipping (some silver members have received the games on release day).

[quote name='RenoVatio']I got my tomb raider cert really fast, like right at 15 days fast. I was surprised.[/QUOTE]
yea I got it today too

Tomb Raider cleared for me today as well.

Crysis/MGS:R both still not showing on transaction. I called and they credited me.

My God of War transaction still isn't there yet the PM transaction is. Too bad it is returning to the store this weekend along with Gears of War.

Just noticed my MGRR receipt isn't showing on my account at all. I have the receipt, so I can add it , but I wonder if the credit will pop-up right. Anyone have any experience with this? I'm anticipating a call to the hotline.

Gotta denied Pm on Fry's price of Bioshock for the second time. Just gonna preorder in store again tomorrow. I check different prices and Sears.com has it $50.55 right now for both Xbox and PS3, so there's a chance I can PM this on Tuesday, if not I'm willing to pay full price.

Anyone know if Bioshock Infinite Special Edition will be on the floor, or is it only preorder? I wasn't able to preorder one because all the preorder cards were gone. Only preordered through the preorder vending machine..

[quote name='jaredstorm']Anyone know if Bioshock Infinite Special Edition will be on the floor, or is it only preorder? I wasn't able to preorder one because all the preorder cards were gone. Only preordered through the preorder vending machine..[/QUOTE]

if you are talking about the bioshock infinite collectors/ songbird edition, then you are out of luck. they sold out of preorders for it months ago.

[quote name='nbballard']Just noticed my MGRR receipt isn't showing on my account at all. I have the receipt, so I can add it , but I wonder if the credit will pop-up right. Anyone have any experience with this? I'm anticipating a call to the hotline.[/QUOTE]

I had to add my Tomb Raider purchase manually since they didn't scan my card and I received my bonus points.

[quote name='YBX87']if you are talking about the bioshock infinite collectors/ songbird edition, then you are out of luck. they sold out of preorders for it months ago.[/QUOTE]

I was talking about the $80 edition.

I tried to pre-order the premium a few weeks ago and they told me they had a cap of 25 pre-orders for each system and they got that cap months ago.

Can get lucky and someone won't pick it up.

I'm just surprised Amazon still has the Premium for pre-order. If I can't find one on Tuesday then I will just order from Amazon.

[quote name='jaredstorm']Anyone know if Bioshock Infinite Special Edition will be on the floor, or is it only preorder? I wasn't able to preorder one because all the preorder cards were gone. Only preordered through the preorder vending machine..[/QUOTE]

it will be on the floor if you work at one of the many bestbuys where they have no idea what they're doing and just put everything out

[quote name='jaredstorm']I'm just surprised Amazon still has the Premium for pre-order. If I can't find one on Tuesday then I will just order from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

newegg still has it. I doubt it will be hard to find

I got a $20 reward certificate in an email over night. I assume it was from my Tomb Raider preorder. Wish I had received it 2 days earlier. Could have used it towards Gears of War. I'll just use it towards Bioshock.

[quote name='TealPavelski']So my Gamers Club membership ends 2 days after BioShock releases. Any chance BB screws me out of my $20?[/QUOTE]

No, the membership benefit applies to purchase/pre-order dates not release dates.

Ao I emailed CS about Crysis 3 and MGSR and they said the purchase was there but no points awarded so they had to manually add them :|

along with the washer/dryer I bought same day. basically almost lost 3880 points

and looking at my history I was supposed to get some spring cert. but nothing yet. hmmm

[quote name='jrr6415sun']
newegg still has it. I doubt it will be hard to find[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I figured it was more limited than other 'Premium Editions' because of some stores stopping preorders.

can we put some info about the missing points issue explanation in the OP? Not sure how many read the OP but some members don't keep up with the threads and their issues have been addressed already before (about not calling in to CS and just waiting to see points post).

There was clearly an issue with MGR, Cyrsis 3 and Tomb Raider points not posting because there has been several reports of the reward zone help line telling people they wouldnt get their points because they used giftcards/certs.

They werent just going to magically appear. Seems like its a pretty known issue now and people have had to call in to get their points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back