Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
Man all this GC/RZ denial is making me sad.

Question, to get my Bioshock preorder mess fixed they had to do a "price correction".
On the receipt it says the item was returned and the bought again.

Do any of you BBY experts know if this will void the RZ promo? The top of the receipt says "Price Correction" and not "Return" or "Exchange"

Point Blank. the $20 is not worth it for me anymore. Since Madden's release I have had to file complaints for 9 of the games that gave $20 reward certs. Including the newly released Crysis 3 and probably gears as well. I STILL never received my pre-order code for Borderlands 2. I ended up selling it sealed on ebay for $55 and got the price match down to $40 around xmas time. Every SINGLE game except Halo 4 I had to file a report for not getting ANY of the Bonus codes. I had to wait 3-4 weeks to get the codes.

HEre is the best part. I had points in my account for a $40 reward certificate. Went there this past weekend to use it. It was gone. They just took it away. IT even shows in my purchases that I used points to get the $40 certificate. I filed a complaint and they stated they needed to do an audit and I will find out by tomorrow. The next day I got my $20 reward certificate for Crysis 3. Over a month later. The purchase never showed up but they gave me the points because it was not credited properly.

After injustice I am taking all my preorders to GAmestop and Amazon. Best Buy can SUCK IT!!!

It really amazes me how they introduced more RZ/GC problems into the GCU preorder system, when it was not all that reliable to begin with.

It is hard to love BBY sometimes.

[quote name='mpaullin']I called CS Monday about my Metal Gear points never showing up. The woman opened a claim for me or whatever. Just got a phone call from a rep to tell me that since I used a gift card, I wasn't eligible for the promotion, but they will be nice and give me the $20 cert just this once... These people really need to get their shit together.

Also, I see 1000+ point adjustment under my Points and Purchases, but it doesn't seem to be added to my total. Does this usually take some time?[/QUOTE]

Sent them an e-mail yesterday since it was four days since I pre-ordered Bioshock and still did not receive the Pre-Order bonus codes (I did not even mention my points). The customer service responded with "Becuuse I used a gift card on my deposit I am not eligible for Reward Zone Points". I responded with "Did you even read my e-mail, because I did not even mention reward zone points". They must just have a canned response that they copy into every e-mail response.

I suggest everyone take the issues to the Best Buy forums instead of calling customer service. It just seems most of the people you get on the phone are clueless morons who don't want to do their job. It sucks...but the more people who bring attention to the ineptitude of the reps on the phone hopefully it will get fixed.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I suggest everyone take the issues to the Best Buy forums instead of calling customer service. It just seems most of the people you get on the phone are clueless morons who don't want to do their job. It sucks...but the more people who bring attention to the ineptitude of the reps on the phone hopefully it will get fixed.[/QUOTE]

yup I made the mistake of trying to help all five CS reps when they couldn't figure out what to do, and the person on the phone had no clue either, one just kept xfering me to another one

Anyone else get an extra 1,000 points on their Bioshock purchase? When I check the transaction details, it shows it listed twice and total points earned for the transaction is 2002. Not complaining. :)

Got my bioshock purchase points pending along side with the 1,000 points. The thing is I still didn't recieve my 500 points from the FB fan poll. Where would be the best place in order to see if I can get those points?

[quote name='deadite76']Anyone else get an extra 1,000 points on their Bioshock purchase? When I check the transaction details, it shows it listed twice and total points earned for the transaction is 2002. Not complaining. :)[/QUOTE]
Have the same thing on my end, just hope it goes through haha.

I feel so sad hearing about people's issues with CC. Whenever I've had to call the Rewardzone Silver CC, they practically bend over backward to please me. They credited me the 1000 points twice for Metal Gear Rising when I called 3 weeks after not seeing the purchase itself as pending. They credited me 500 points when I missed 2 days of polls on the facebook app bcos the app had issues. I pricematched my Bioshock pickup to $50 by word of mouth from the fry's ad that expired last week. I might run into the issue some people are having now since I paid for Bioshock with a combo of RZ points and a giftcard but I don't forsee an extended problem getting things rectified.

Even imagining an issue here and there, I don't think I would take my business elsewhere simply because BB is the only one that is still, for the most part handing out 'cash' for pre-orders. I only moved to bestbuy after Amazon stopped doing theirs as well as also cancelling 99c release day shipping.

[quote name='deadite76']Anyone else get an extra 1,000 points on their Bioshock purchase? When I check the transaction details, it shows it listed twice and total points earned for the transaction is 2002. Not complaining. :)[/QUOTE]

No extra bonus points pending for me, just the normal 1000. I wouldn't get too excited yet if I were you though since the extra points could disappear in few days like the extra 500 points some people were getting for the Facebook app promo.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']Point Blank. the $20 is not worth it for me anymore. Since Madden's release I have had to file complaints for 9 of the games that gave $20 reward certs. Including the newly released Crysis 3 and probably gears as well. I STILL never received my pre-order code for Borderlands 2. I ended up selling it sealed on ebay for $55 and got the price match down to $40 around xmas time. Every SINGLE game except Halo 4 I had to file a report for not getting ANY of the Bonus codes. I had to wait 3-4 weeks to get the codes.

HEre is the best part. I had points in my account for a $40 reward certificate. Went there this past weekend to use it. It was gone. They just took it away. IT even shows in my purchases that I used points to get the $40 certificate. I filed a complaint and they stated they needed to do an audit and I will find out by tomorrow. The next day I got my $20 reward certificate for Crysis 3. Over a month later. The purchase never showed up but they gave me the points because it was not credited properly.

After injustice I am taking all my preorders to GAmestop and Amazon. Best Buy can SUCK IT!!![/QUOTE]

Why do you keep going to the same best buy? It would be their fault that your not getting the preorder codes.

Also it takes 30-35 days for points to clear (or even post) for the promo. So that is how you said, just over a month. So technically everything went as it should and you scammed them out of a $20 RZC. At least that is how I understood what you said.

If people have so many problems with in-store preorders, why not just preorder online and do shipping or in-store pickup? Granted, you shouldn't have to do this because BBY should get their act together and I am all for supporting the local store, but just do something to fix the problem rather than complain about it.

[quote name='Dund3r']If people have so many problems with in-store preorders, why not just preorder online and do shipping or in-store pickup? Granted, you shouldn't have to do this because BBY should get their act together and I am all for supporting the local store, but just do something to fix the problem rather than complain about it.[/QUOTE]

I agree...to an extent.

If all people are doing is posting here to complain then they are doing as much good as banging their head against the wall.

What they should be doing is either calling, or better yet posting on the BB Forums. Problems don't get fixed unless they are known to exist.

[quote name='Dund3r']If people have so many problems with in-store preorders, why not just preorder online and do shipping or in-store pickup? Granted, you shouldn't have to do this because BBY should get their act together and I am all for supporting the local store, but just do something to fix the problem rather than complain about it.[/QUOTE]

This, it is so much easier ordering online plus i got 2x copies of the dlc. Just got my $20 bioshock infinite points, (ordered on the 13th) hopefully my gow:j (order on the 18th) points come in 5 days.

I really love BB (and gamersgate) they keep messing up (in good and bad ways) but the deals are great.

Anyone who ordered Gears of War Judgment for shipping/store pickup have the 1000 points pending? I ordered online for shipping and my transaction is there and has even cleared since I placed the pre-order on the 11th, but the 1000 points are still MIA.

I know it hasn't been 35 days since the release, just trying to get an idea of where I stand compared to others.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Anyone who ordered Gears of War Judgment for shipping/store pickup have the 1000 points pending? I ordered online for shipping and my transaction is there and has even cleared since I placed the pre-order on the 11th, but the 1000 points are still MIA.

I know it hasn't been 35 days since the release, just trying to get an idea of where I stand compared to others.[/QUOTE]

Same situation for me. Transaction points cleared, but no bonus points. My Bioshock Infinite purchase a week later already has the bonus points pending.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Anyone who ordered Gears of War Judgment for shipping/store pickup have the 1000 points pending? I ordered online for shipping and my transaction is there and has even cleared since I placed the pre-order on the 11th, but the 1000 points are still MIA.

I know it hasn't been 35 days since the release, just trying to get an idea of where I stand compared to others.[/QUOTE]

Ordered mine on the 11th also for shipping. No sign of the 1000 points but the normal transaction points are already cleared. Will be a fun waiting game.

[quote name='mpaullin']I also have 2000 points pending for Bioshock, but I expect it will be fixed in a few days.[/QUOTE]

Haha same here. Hoping for the best, expecting them to disappear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still havent gotten my Gears $20 yet either and it isnt pending and the pick-up at store transaction is complete as well

I am more worried about it not being there in general, not the point issue. I never once asked about my 1000 points being gone, my issue is that somehow a transaction disappeared from my history. Does the system think I returned it? Is there a problem with my account?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I am more worried about it not being there in general, not the point issue. I never once asked about my 1000 points being gone, my issue is that somehow a transaction disappeared from my history. Does the system think I returned it? Is there a problem with my account?[/QUOTE]

Highly unlikely that there's a problem with your account, seems like a pretty rare issue and I doubt any rep can give you a definitive answer as to why your purchase vanished. Hell, they can't even explain why some people don't get their extra bonus points after 35 days. I would just be happy I got the points I was suppose to get (and more). That's just me though. :D

[quote name='stonciddta']I still havent gotten my Gears $20 yet either and it isnt pending and the pick-up at store transaction is complete as well[/QUOTE]

Strange. I picked up my copy of Gears the day after release and my $20 have been pending since Tuesday.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Why do you keep going to the same best buy? It would be their fault that your not getting the preorder codes.

Also it takes 30-35 days for points to clear (or even post) for the promo. So that is how you said, just over a month. So technically everything went as it should and you scammed them out of a $20 RZC. At least that is how I understood what you said.[/QUOTE]

The thing is NONE of my purchases for ANY of my $20 preorder games EVER show up. I understand the points not hitting for sometime. But other purchases I make show up IMMEDIATELY or 3-5 days later after the purchase. Crysis 3 transaction is STILL not on my account. They had to give me the points. The same thing happened with just about every game except HAlo 4.

The next closes Best Buys are 30 minutes away where mine is 5 minutes. I have a 17 month old plus work in Human Resources so my time to drive extra is limited.

I have been told I had to PAY for PRE ORDER bonus codes AND for pre-order items such as the Gears Poster and the Dishonored LAmp. They were going to charge me $68 when my state sales tax is 6% so the game would be $63.59 after tax and then $58.59 after my $5 deposit. PLus I would be in there for 15 minutes for 1 game. Gamestop I give htem my card, they scan it, Im out 30 seconds later. Amazon I click and buy and nothing. SO the $20 promo is not worth it.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']The thing is NONE of my purchases for ANY of my $20 preorder games EVER show up. I understand the points not hitting for sometime. But other purchases I make show up IMMEDIATELY or 3-5 days later after the purchase. Crysis 3 transaction is STILL not on my account. They had to give me the points. The same thing happened with just about every game except HAlo 4.

The next closes Best Buys are 30 minutes away where mine is 5 minutes. I have a 17 month old plus work in Human Resources so my time to drive extra is limited.

I have been told I had to PAY for PRE ORDER bonus codes AND for pre-order items such as the Gears Poster and the Dishonored LAmp. They were going to charge me $68 when my state sales tax is 6% so the game would be $63.59 after tax and then $58.59 after my $5 deposit. PLus I would be in there for 15 minutes for 1 game. Gamestop I give htem my card, they scan it, Im out 30 seconds later. Amazon I click and buy and nothing. SO the $20 promo is not worth it.[/QUOTE]

Why not do the same thing on BB.com and have it shipped? Or even in store pickup so everything is taken care of already? It sounds like that specific store cant handle it so take it out of their hands.

[quote name='lwhitit']Why not do the same thing on BB.com and have it shipped? Or even in store pickup so everything is taken care of already? It sounds like that specific store cant handle it so take it out of their hands.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

It all comes down to an associates problem. They appear from your posts that they are definitely not properly trained. Complain to the store manager as well.

Got my Bioshock Infinite pending. Had trouble signing in, it wasn't matching my RZ# with my password so I had to reset it.

Am I the only one who's Bioshock Infinite w/the bonus actually posted? It shipped out last Friday and the points were pending on Monday and posted on Wednesday. I even cashed them out already :D

I had over 2,600 points pending with BioShock Infinite and it somehow dropped to 569 points. It is still showing my BioShock transaction as pending, but the points are gone!

If I don't get my points because my @Gamer Unlock Subscription ended two days after BioShock's release I will be pissed!

[quote name='TealPavelski']I had over 2,600 points pending with BioShock Infinite and it somehow dropped to 569 points. It is still showing my BioShock transaction as pending, but the points are gone!

If I don't get my points because my @Gamer Unlock Subscription ended two days after BioShock's release I will be pissed![/QUOTE]

I have 2129 points from bioshock "pending" when i look at the purchase. However it says I only have 673 pending points on the main overview screen

no idea what's going on with that.

I have 1000 pending from Bioshock....my god of war points just cleared this morning and I have yet to see anything for my tomb raider anywhere...

When I called I was told they were pending even though I couldn't see them, but I can't figure out how my god of war points could post before my tomb raider points.....?

Looks like I gotta call them AGAIN!

[quote name='TealPavelski']I had over 2,600 points pending with BioShock Infinite and it somehow dropped to 569 points. It is still showing my BioShock transaction as pending, but the points are gone!

If I don't get my points because my @Gamer Unlock Subscription ended two days after BioShock's release I will be pissed![/QUOTE]

i guess you didn't keep up with this thread. My story was that I didn't renew my GCU until after I picked up my preorders but before points cleared and I got my bonus still.

If GCU isn't renewed by then, you probably won't be getting your points. So you might as well re-up.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I have 2129 points from bioshock "pending" when i look at the purchase. However it says I only have 673 pending points on the main overview screen

no idea what's going on with that.[/QUOTE]

That's what my account was showing yesterday. Now it's back up on the main screen.

My pending 1000 for Gears Judgment finally was added to my purchase. Don't know why it took so long to show up after the 500 FB and the vanilla points were added.

[quote name='Blade3D']I got 2,000 points pending for Bioshock as well.[/QUOTE]
Maybe they are comping us for all their recent issues i.e. $5 extra for DLC, points missing on Crysis/MGS:R, etc.

Hmmm I see my Gears has the 1000 points and it has them as cleared due to it being a pre-order. But my point total did not increase at all. Hopefully in a day or two it'll be reflected properly

My Bioshock points just showed up, and I paid with RZ points and giftcard, so yay for no complications. Sadly its only for 1000 points, unlike some people that have been getting 2000 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back