Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd guess it would take 60+ votes to get this one amended but a quick run to 85-100 would probably have the fastest impact.

This thread alone has been/will be effected by the change the most buy I;m sure others have utilized this perk for non gaming related items as well. Hopefully, we can get this changed in time for the next $20 promo with next gen titles.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...nn-exchange-policy-for-RZ-Silver/idi-p/676065

Also, this will help stop items from being de-listed from BB.com that way you can check your local stores stock w/o calling
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...BB-com-when-physical-stores-have/idi-p/676063

I also received 2000 Points for BioShock Infinite. I have 3,071 points currently. Enough for a $60 RZ Cert. I wish i could just buy a Gift Card with it, cause there currently aren't any games I really want or BDs.

I got an extra 1000 for Gears of War Judgement on top of the 1000 I was set on getting from the promo. I also got a mysterious 2000 extra points that wasn't linked to any purchase. All those points posted today, so I had to redeem $85 worth of points lol

I got 1000 points for BioShock Infinite (plus the standard 79 points for buying the special edition, plus Mastercard bonus, plus silver bonus), but I'm not a Gamers Club Unlocked member...

Weird how buying an $80 game gave me twice as many points as a $600 camera :p

[quote name='unluckynumber11']I got an extra 1000 for Gears of War Judgement on top of the 1000 I was set on getting from the promo. I also got a mysterious 2000 extra points that wasn't linked to any purchase. All those points posted today, so I had to redeem $85 worth of points lol[/QUOTE]

I also got a random 2200ish points a few days ago but it removed itself after the day of 'maintenance'. Should have redeemed it :'(

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I also got a random 2200ish points a few days ago but it removed itself after the day of 'maintenance'. Should have redeemed it :'([/QUOTE]

for what it's worth I think you can go negative though.

At least last year, a negative balance will show as zero points, so you won't know - unless you're keep track on your own - how negative you are. Once you earn enough to make up the negative, it will start showing your points again.

[quote name='jr1016']My Bioshock Infinite pts just posted and available to use. Just in time for Injustice.[/QUOTE]

Me too, but ima hold off on injustice. If the reviews are 9 and higher than yeah I'll buy it but with my current backlog I REALLY need to focus on that instead of new games.

[quote name='jr1016']My Bioshock Infinite pts just posted and available to use. Just in time for Injustice.[/QUOTE]

I agree, was really hoping this would post so I could use this on injustice:)

my bioshock and mystery 1000 points just cleared. 40$ off the last of us is awsome !!!!! im not getting injustice as fighters like that sometimes feel like a game of chess. i love my fast pace 2d fighters much more :D

[quote name='strait edge follower']my bioshock and mystery 1000 points just cleared. 40$ off the last of us is awsome !!!!! im not getting injustice as fighters like that sometimes feel like a game of chess. i love my fast pace 2d fighters much more :D[/QUOTE]
you should just get the last of us surivial edition with the $40, might as well. lol

[quote name='YBX87']you should just get the last of us surivial edition with the $40, might as well. lol[/QUOTE]

dont even tempt me my friend. i do want it but its waaaaay to pricey for me

[quote name='strait edge follower']dont even tempt me my friend. i do want it but its waaaaay to pricey for me[/QUOTE]
that extra $20 is a sign you should. thus making it $40, plus another $20 rwz certif from preordering, making it $20

[quote name='j.t']My Bioshock points posted. Gonna use it on Last of Us: Survival edition.[/QUOTE]

ditto here but only 1000pts.

Also got 1000 points since my MGR didn't post after 35 days after calling the silver hotline. Last week, 1000pts showed up on the purchase and cleared today.

I got the Last of Us survival for $24 off Amazon.

I first ordered it with $20 credit for them screwing up + $25 GC. Then $15 randomly showed up in my account :confused::what::thumbup::thumbup: so I just re-ordered it.

I'm super pumped! About this game!

[quote name='strait edge follower']my bioshock and mystery 1000 points just cleared. 40$ off the last of us is awsome !!!!! im not getting injustice as fighters like that sometimes feel like a game of chess. i love my fast pace 2d fighters much more :D[/QUOTE]

I wonder what caused some people to get double bonus points, anyway I'm skipping Injustice as well. The only games left I'm getting are Dead Island and The Last of Us. I hope they add more games like BF4, AC Black Flag and Watch Dogs. It would suck if they stop doing these promos.

wow, i got an extra 20 for metal gear that finally showed up on my account.

It was going to force out a 30 dollar cert on me but luckily I was able to push out a 15 before it auto did it. Having big certs don't help me when a game goes on sale for 10-15, lol.

on a side note, can I use reward certs to pay for amazon credit? I have more credit at best but than I can use and id like to move some over to there.

[quote name='Donut2922']for what it's worth I think you can go negative though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know, but you can never be sure with how wonky the system is. I had redeemed all my points earlier in the day to buy game w/ the GCU coupons so I know I shouldn't had

The weirdest thing happened today. I look in my email and I have a 1000 points added to my account. All my pre-orders have been accounted for and I have used all cert. Maybe because of my Crysis 3 pre-order i had to call them to add points a month ago, which they did, now there is a potential error? May be Ymmv but check your rewards. It doesnt show where the points come from, such as a purchase, nor does it say point adjustment.

Edit: I see that others have received the mysterious 1000 points as well. Does anybody have a clue where they came from?

[quote name='Deader2818']on a side note, can I use reward certs to pay for amazon credit? I have more credit at best but than I can use and id like to move some over to there.[/QUOTE]
Yes it does work when you buy Kindle cards.

On another note I did a post PM for Tomb Raider and the transaction did not subtract Reward Zone points like last year. It ended up giving me points as a new $49.99 game purchase.

Anyone have any idea know which payment method is refunded first if you do a post PM(Rewardzone cert, gift card, and cash/credit card)? In past I did a post PM for purchase paid with gift card and credit card; I got returned the gift card balance first, then the difference on my credit card.

[quote name='usagi']Yes it does work when you buy Kindle cards.

On another note I did a post PM for Tomb Raider and the transaction did not subtract Reward Zone points like last year. It ended up giving me points as a new $49.99 game purchase.

Anyone have any idea know which payment method is refunded first if you do a post PM(Rewardzone cert, gift card, and cash/credit card)? In past I did a post PM for purchase paid with gift card and credit card; I got returned the gift card balance first, then the difference on my credit card.[/QUOTE]
Whenever I do a PM it always gives the difference to my card first then the rest in GC (in-store anyways). I don't request it the customer rep just lets me know a certain amount went back to so and so credit card before giving me the new gift card with the rest of the balance.

Mmm you may have gotten points for the $49.99 purchase but the points on the $59.99 should have been taken off. Your bonus points should be fine and dandy though. I did the same price match. No points though due to gift card

doh! i didnt get any points for bio infinite so i had to call them up and they adjusted it to 1000 points, so im not of the lucky ones. but they did messup my price match on mgr and i ended up getting that for -$11, lol. so its all good ;)

I'm one lucky SOB. Three days after I pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite and I hadn't received my Industrial Revolution code. So I e-mail them and let them know. An hour or so later they reply with an IR code. Thanks Best Buy.

Then about 10 days later I get another Best Buy e-mail with the subject line "Here's your pre-order bonus". I think "Oh, I guess that's my original IR code showing up late". So I open it up and read "Bioshock Infinite Season Pass". I'm thinking there's no way that's right, so I enter the code and sure enough, I got the season pass. I thought maybe I pre-ordered the wrong thing at Best Buy, but nope, I pre-ordered the game. Not sure why I got the season pass, but I definitely won't complain. Then a couple days later, I do end up getting another IR code (which I gave to a friend who forgot to pre-order the game).

And on top of that, I got the extra 1000 points that a lot of you are talking about.

So all said and done: Bioshock Infinite w/ season pass for $20.

Definitely getting the Survival Edition of The Last of Us now.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the Target ad for next has Injustice as a Buy 1 get 1 50% off deal. So pm the deal at BB with 2 copies of Injustice(it's a fighting game easy excuse) & depending on how they take of the $30 decide what to do with the extra game.

Either they take $30 off 1 game & you can return the $60 one(best case scenario)

Or they take $15 off both which still gets you the game day 1 for $45 + $20 credit.

If your getting the CE obviously this pm is a no brainer assuming your BB actually has extras like they did with Tomb Raider.

Pro-tip: For those getting Injustice & another title make sure they scan the other title 1st that way Injustice is the one discounted $30. You can always return/rebuy the other title.

[quote name='Enuf']Not sure if it's been mentioned but the Target ad for next has Injustice as a Buy 1 get 1 50% off deal. So pm the deal at BB with 2 copies of Injustice(it's a fighting game easy excuse) & depending on how they take of the $30 decide what to do with the extra game.

Either they take $30 off 1 game & you can return the $60 one(best case scenario)

Or they take $15 off both which still gets you the game day 1 for $45 + $20 credit.

If your getting the CE obviously this pm is a no brainer assuming your BB actually has extras like they did with Tomb Raider.

Pro-tip: For those getting Injustice & another title make sure they scan the other title 1st that way Injustice is the one discounted $30. You can always return/rebuy the other title.[/QUOTE]

You guys complain about BBY getting strict with their PM rules and trying to cut down on renters. Arent resellers who take advantage of multiple deals that are not meant to combine the same thing. I doubt they want to lose money doing multiple deals. This seems like abusing BBY rather than a deal.

[quote name='Enuf']Not sure if it's been mentioned but the Target ad for next has Injustice as a Buy 1 get 1 50% off deal. So pm the deal at BB with 2 copies of Injustice(it's a fighting game easy excuse) & depending on how they take of the $30 decide what to do with the extra game.
[/QUOTE]

The Target ad actually specifically says you can't buy two copies of Injustice for the deal. Just figured that might be worth mentioning if you were going to use the physical ad to try and PM.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']^ I'm willing to bet you're the only person who will be able to get BB to do this PM.[/QUOTE]After reading about people getting AMZ pm's & @gamer coupons stacked I've seen people get way more YMMV stuff than I. All 8-10 BB I've ever shopped will never allow the double dip like that but several non CAG's have gotten in on these type of pm's I actually found out about the from a friend. Plus, after reading how some CAG's go about getting matches I think it's more them than the store. I've walked far to many reps thru YMMV pm's they can't even keep up once they see that I'm prepared & that the ad is valid the mangers usually just look at how much money is being spent.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']You guys complain about BBY getting strict with their PM rules and trying to cut down on renters. Arent resellers who take advantage of multiple deals that are not meant to combine the same thing. I doubt they want to lose money doing multiple deals. This seems like abusing BBY rather than a deal.[/QUOTE]Renters are different since BB makes nothing on them. I actually spend quite alot at BB & I'm RZ silver till 2015, yes as in two full years from now. I'm the extreme EXCEPTION not the rule. I rarely if ever spend credit on games since the 2X pts & silver bonus means more to me. I have 4(mine, mom, GF, sis) paid GCU when alot of people complain about not seeing the value in just one.

There was a time not long ago when BB deals rarely stayed on page 1-2 now it's a constant I know b/c I spent alot of time posting them & catching flack for it.
If they deny the pm you won't see me on here saying "F BB they won't get my money again" & I'll still get Injustice from them too since i want the RZ points & credit. I just put it out there.

[quote name='VexxedCS']The Target ad actually specifically says you can't buy two copies of Injustice for the deal. Just figured that might be worth mentioning if you were going to use the physical ad to try and PM.[/QUOTE]
Something that simple wouldn't get me denied since I know the proper way to request the match.
1-Ask them will the match the deal & get it confirm with a manager
2-Ask them how would they match it
3-Then get the games
With the match not being simple & it being more than 1 set of games the reps will be busy trying to get the math right. The last TRU GC deal I did they took $50 off 1 game instead of spreading it out over 2 games so Hitman was $10 on release.
I've been doing these deals for some time I don't make the rookie mistakes.

I guess that's why you got the "deal shark" award from kyle.
icon10.gif

[quote name='Deader2818']wow, i got an extra 20 for metal gear that finally showed up on my account.

It was going to force out a 30 dollar cert on me but luckily I was able to push out a 15 before it auto did it. Having big certs don't help me when a game goes on sale for 10-15, lol.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I had to make sure I put them in good increments as well. Didn't want one $85 cert so I broke it up into several $10 ones, so now I have like 10 certs on my account lol.
By the way is your avatar Rigby?

[quote name='GuyManDude']I'm one lucky SOB. Three days after I pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite and I hadn't received my Industrial Revolution code. So I e-mail them and let them know. An hour or so later they reply with an IR code. Thanks Best Buy.

Then about 10 days later I get another Best Buy e-mail with the subject line "Here's your pre-order bonus". I think "Oh, I guess that's my original IR code showing up late". So I open it up and read "Bioshock Infinite Season Pass". I'm thinking there's no way that's right, so I enter the code and sure enough, I got the season pass. I thought maybe I pre-ordered the wrong thing at Best Buy, but nope, I pre-ordered the game. Not sure why I got the season pass, but I definitely won't complain. Then a couple days later, I do end up getting another IR code (which I gave to a friend who forgot to pre-order the game).

And on top of that, I got the extra 1000 points that a lot of you are talking about.

Definitely getting the Survival Edition of The Last of Us now.[/QUOTE]

Nice! Really lucked out!

Attention Silver members: I was able to get a PM on God of War: Ascension this morning for $39.99. There is a $20 off coupon that can be found on your Reward Zone site or here:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...ries&nrp=15&iht=n&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01

Other than needing to explain I was a RZ Silver member and the call taking 15 minutes, it was relatively pain-free. I'm sure this PM will be a YMMV situation, but if you tell them the price in cart is $39.99 like I did, it should help your case. The CS rep was well aware the $20 price reduction was due to the coupon and still processed the PM for me. Good luck everyone!

[quote name='htz']I guess that's why you got the "deal shark" award from kyle.
icon10.gif
[/QUOTE]

Pennies saved...
Pennies make dollars & dollars make...

[quote name='GuyManDude']I'm one lucky SOB. Three days after I pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite and I hadn't received my Industrial Revolution code. So I e-mail them and let them know. An hour or so later they reply with an IR code. Thanks Best Buy.

Definitely getting the Survival Edition of The Last of Us now.[/QUOTE]

Ya I posted the same thing happened to me, but I messaged them the best buy forums about a week after release. I got $40 reward zone, 1600 MSP, and the I resold the game on eBay for ~$40 after I beat it.

I am not sure if this is the right place to post but since this post mainly deals with BB RZ points and certificates, I thought I'd give it a shot.

Two of my certificates ( that were auto redeemed ), $5 and $20 each suddenly disappeared from my RZ account sometime today. I am 100% sure that they were there yesterday and I didn't buy a single thing from BB or BB.com this week. My points are the same as they were yesterday ( the certificates haven't been turned back to points or something like that.) and just the 2 certificates are suddenly gone. (And they haven't expired as well. They were going to expire sometime in September. )

Has this happened to anyone else as well?

[quote name='karekano126']I am not sure if this is the right place to post but since this post mainly deals with BB RZ points and certificates, I thought I'd give it a shot.

Two of my certificates ( that were auto redeemed ), $5 and $20 each suddenly disappeared from my RZ account sometime today. I am 100% sure that they were there yesterday and I didn't buy a single thing from BB or BB.com this week. My points are the same as they were yesterday ( the certificates haven't been turned back to points or something like that.) and just the 2 certificates are suddenly gone. (And they haven't expired as well. They were going to expire sometime in September. )

Has this happened to anyone else as well?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, happened to me a few weeks ago with a $20 certificate. Granted, I had been returning some stuff, but I had assumed once it was actually a printed certificate, it was yours to use and they wouldn't delete it from your account ... I was wrong. My printed certificate came up as 'used' a few days later. I personally think it's BS, but it's just BB, a store that's starting to remind me more and more of Circuit City's last few years every time I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back