Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading the reviews, it looks like I'm obligated to get TLoU on launch day. Just a question: I know it's listed on the promo offer page, but on the product page itself, no mention of the promo (I remember Bioshock Infinite had it). I imagine I don't have to worry, but wanted to bring it up.

So you gotta pay $15 to be elligible (unlocked) for this $20 rz certificate dealio? Damn, looks like i'll just stick with my $45 newegg order.

When does BB.com charge for a store pickup? Or do you pay at pickup?

Also, what is the last day you can get the $20 still for The Last of us?

When does BB.com charge for a store pickup? Or do you pay at pickup?

Also, what is the last day you can get the $20 still for The Last of us?
You pay online at time of purchase. Last day to qualify for the $20 RZ bonus is the day before it comes out (you have to technically pre-order it)...

Need some input, I ordered Last of Us like two months ago, but there was no DLC option there, I am assuming I am not going to get DLC.

I used some promotional certificate on my pre-order, how can I get the DLC? 

I really dont want to cancel and re-order.

Thanks

Need some input, I ordered Last of Us like two months ago, but there was no DLC option there, I am assuming I am not going to get DLC.

Thanks
Are you talking about the "Sounds" DLC? I think that comes with every pre-order from any retailer, so you'll probably get it even though it may not have been mentioned when you ordered. If there's other free DLC from Best Buy, i'm intrigued.

Thanks
Are you talking about the "Sounds" DLC? I think that comes with every pre-order from any retailer, so you'll probably get it even though it may not have been mentioned when you ordered. If there's other free DLC from Best Buy, i'm intrigued.
Yes, I'm referring to the Sounds DLC, At the time I pre-ordered it was not listed, but for example if I pre-order today, i see it as a separate item in the cart.

Hence wondering if I'll get the DLC on my existing pre-order from two months ago.

Thanks

So you gotta pay $15 to be elligible (unlocked) for this $20 rz certificate dealio? Damn, looks like i'll just stick with my $45 newegg order.
You missed the golden age of GCU.
Definitely. Though I would say even with the initial $15 investment the BB deal is still the best out there for people like myself planning to buy multiple eligible titles at launch because that initial $20 cert keeps carrying over. Need to actually renew my GCU when I go pick up TLoU. Hoping they extend this promo as well, but not super hopeful as of yet.

If I preorder Last of Us online, will I get the $20 preorder bonus? There is no mention of the $20 on the Last of Us site.
The $20 bonus is exclusive to Best Buy Gamer's Club Unlocked. If you link your BestBuy.com account to your RZ account that has GCU on it then yes you will get the $20 bonus for pre-ordering online. Either shipping or in-store pickup will work.

For the B2G1 Welcome pack coupon, can the two paid games be over 39.99 and the free one be 39.99>?

My coupons expire 7/31 and I doubt I'm buying any other games at BB aside from The Last of Us.

For the B2G1 Welcome pack coupon, can the two paid games be over 39.99 and the free one be 39.99>?

My coupons expire 7/31 and I doubt I'm buying any other games at BB aside from The Last of Us.
You can buy 2 games over $39.99 but the free one has to be equal to or less than $39.99.

F***

Best Buy just canceled my preorder for The Last of Us: Survivial Edition.

They claimed it is not available they'll give me a special discount off my next order for the inconvenient (no exact percentage/dollar amount specified).

You got to be kidding me.

F***

They claimed it is not available they'll give me a special discount off my next order for the inconvenient (no exact percentage/dollar amount specified).

Same thing just happened to me. Total BS. I preordered on April 26th.

F***

Same here, ordered on Feb 26th. Sucks I renewed my GCU primarily for the $20 Pre-Order Promo.

F***

Same here, ordered on Feb 26th. Sucks I renewed my GCU primarily for the $20 Pre-Order Promo.
Yup, me too. What the crap is this?! Now what do I do? Do I call BBY CS or PM a mod on the BBY forums? :wall:

Yup, me too. What the crap is this?! Now what do I do? Do I call BBY CS or PM a mod on the BBY forums? :wall:
I think posting on the BBY forums is best way to deal with the situation. Many people often get gift cards for problems that happen. Regarding getting the survival edition I wonder if they can put your order on backorder, just in case they get more stock once the game releases.

If you can't get survival edition order, I guess you could get the standard game as a backup, so you can get the $20 cert.

I think posting on the BBY forums is best way to deal with the situation. Many people often get gift cards for problems that happen. Regarding getting the survival edition I wonder if they can put your order on backorder, just in case they get more stock once the game releases.

If you can't get survival edition order, I guess you could get the standard game as a backup, so you can get the $20 cert.
I know I could get the standard game, but I was really looking forward to the Survival Edition; if I can't get one as a result of this issue, I don't know if I want to give Best Buy my money regardless of the $20 RZ certificate. It might be a bit harsh, but stuff like this shouldn't happen.

Here's the BBY forum thread I made: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/The-Last-of-Us-Survival-Edition-Online-Preorders-Being-Cancelled/m-p/686754#M10143

I strongly urge those of you who are members of that forum and who received the Survival Edition cancellation email to post in that thread so we'll more likely be noticed.

I know I could get the standard game, but I was really looking forward to the Survival Edition; if I can't get one as a result of this issue, I don't know if I want to give Best Buy my money regardless of the $20 RZ certificate. It might be a bit harsh, but stuff like this shouldn't happen.

Here's the BBY forum thread I made: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/The-Last-of-Us-Survival-Edition-Online-Preorders-Being-Cancelled/m-p/686754#M10143

I encourage those of you who are members of that forum and who received the Survival Edition cancellation email to post in that thread so we'll more likely be noticed.
Yeah BB has had problems with collectors editions in the past, but they usually make up for it. How much was the discount code they sent you?

I also got the backorder notice for the Survival Edition and I pre-ordered the day it was available, fuck.  I don't think it's available anywhere else.

I also got the backorder notice for the Survival Edition and I pre-ordered the day it was available, fuck.  I don't think it's available anywhere else.

well, the clock is ticking, and if the release date of 6/14/2013 is accurate, you have about a week to get the issues solved by bestbuy.

I encourage those of you who are members of that forum and who received the Survival Edition cancellation email to post in that thread so we'll more likely be noticed.
Yeah BB has had problems with collectors editions in the past, but they usually make up for it. How much was the discount code they sent you?
$20, and it expires 7/8.

While it's a nice gesture, I still haven't gotten back the $20 RZ certificate I used to preorder the Survival Edition (so it's like the promo code replaces it), though I understand that might take a business day or two to happen. I would also like an explanation as to why this happened again after several people encountered a similar issue a month or two ago. You'd think they'd have fixed the problem to the point where it wouldn't reoccur, but I suppose that was too much to expect...?

$20, and it expires 7/8.

While it's a nice gesture, I still haven't gotten back the $20 RZ certificate I used to preorder the Survival Edition (so it's like the promo code replaces it), though I understand that might take a business day or two to happen. I would also like an explanation as to why this happened again after several people encountered a similar issue a month or two ago. You'd think they'd have fixed the problem to the point where it wouldn't reoccur, but I suppose that was too much to expect...?

This might be their fault. For example, Sony told them they would get 100,000 units so Best Buy put those 100,000 units up for pre-order. But when they got their inventory from Sony only 90,000 were accounted for. As such 10,000 pre-orders need to be canceled.

Again this is an example.

I highly doubt any business over-sells on purpose because now they are not only discounting the standard game from $60 to $40 for those orders they canceled, but are giving another $20 for it in rewards. Essentially losing $20 or so on each unit they sell. Remember the mark up on games is maybe 10-15%, so at most they make $10 or so per $60 game sold. Discount the game to $40 and you are selling it below cost.

$20, and it expires 7/8.

if you are lucky like the case of the bioshock infinite cancellations, you might end up with a free last of us surivial edition, after bestbuy unexpectly cancelling preorders for bioshock infinite. lol

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/08/best-buy-fulfilling-some-bioshock-infinite-canceled-pre-orders-f/

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/05/report-glitch-cancels-3-000-bioshock-infinite-pre-orders-at-bes/

$20, and it expires 7/8.

Hmm, I'd still be upset even with the $20 code since its completely sold out everywhere else and you did pre-order months in advance. I remember when this happened with the Bioshock Songbird Edition and they wound up giving it out for free to those people. Also, if you're a silver member I'd give them a call and hear what they have to say in this situation. They can be very helpful and it beats having to wait for a response on the forums.

$20, and it expires 7/8.

Hmm, I'd still be upset even with the $20 code since its completely sold out everywhere else and you did pre-order months in advance. I remember when this happened with the Bioshock Songbird Edition and they wound up giving it out for free to those people. Also, if you're a silver member I'd give them a call and hear what they have to say in this situation. They can be very helpful and it beats having to wait for a response on the forums.
Oh, I'm definitely still upset, no doubt about that. :lol:

Calling the hotline for Premier Silver sounds like a good idea, though. I'll give that a try later, as I'm going to be out for most of the day. Thanks for the suggestion.

@YBX87: A free Survival Edition would be amazing... :drool: I'm not getting my hopes up, though.

I also had my pre-order cancelled today and I am MAD as hell!

I pre-ordered the Last of Us: Survival Edition from Best Buy on April 10th (over TWO MONTHS ago). Stupidly, I bought into their whole GCU (Gamers Club Unlocked) scheme for the promise of Reward Zone benefits.

So, what benefit did I gain from pre-ordering, for me, easily the most anticipated game of the year?! Cancellation. Not only cancellation... but cancellation LESS THAN A WEEK BEFORE SCHEDULED RELEASE...  therefore guaranteeing that I will not be able to pre-order a Survival Edition anywhere else—they're completely sold out.

To add insult to injury, this isn't the first time Best Buy has cancelled orders or pre-orders on me. I think this is the THIRD time... and three strikes (unless they remedy the situation) means they're out. Like I said, this was the ONE game I was eagerly looking forward to this year. I am done, absolutely DONE pre-ordering from Best Buy. I don't have to pay taxes with Amazon and they've NEVER cancelled on me. 

I am beyond angry at Best Buy. I feel like they have bamboozled me out of something I pre-ordered months ago and swindled me with the ungratified promises of their Gamers Club Unlocked and Reward Zone benefits.

Worst of all... no Survival Edition.

This promo has been awesome for me.

Assassin's Creed 3

Dead Space 3

Gears of War: Judgment

Grand Theft Auto 5

For $15 on the magazine (used no coupons from it) I have received much more back in credit.

I also had my pre-order cancelled today and I am MAD as hell!

I pre-ordered the Last of Us: Survival Edition from Best Buy on April 10th (over TWO MONTHS ago). Stupidly, I bought into their whole GCU (Gamers Club Unlocked) scheme for the promise of Reward Zone benefits.

So, what benefit did I gain from pre-ordering, for me, easily the most anticipated game of the year?! Cancellation. Not only cancellation... but cancellation LESS THAN A WEEK BEFORE SCHEDULED RELEASE... therefore guaranteeing that I will not be able to pre-order a Survival Edition anywhere else—they're completely sold out.

To add insult to injury, this isn't the first time Best Buy has cancelled orders or pre-orders on me. I think this is the THIRD time... and three strikes (unless they remedy the situation) means they're out. Like I said, this was the ONE game I was eagerly looking forward to this year. I am done, absolutely DONE pre-ordering from Best Buy. I don't have to pay taxes with Amazon and they've NEVER cancelled on me.

I am beyond angry at Best Buy. I feel like they have bamboozled me out of something I pre-ordered months ago and swindled me with the ungratified promises of their Gamers Club Unlocked and Reward Zone benefits.

Worst of all... no Survival Edition. </3
Uh...is there a reason your text is so dark? It's really hard to read...

$20, and it expires 7/8.

Oh, I'm definitely still upset, no doubt about that. :lol:

Calling the hotline for Premier Silver sounds like a good idea, though. I'll give that a try later, as I'm going to be out for most of the day. Thanks for the suggestion.

@YBX87: A free Survival Edition would be amazing... :drool: I'm not getting my hopes up, though.
you never know, and never say never. I am envious of THose who got the free bioshock infinite songbird editions due to the cancellations, after reading that article.

I don't know if I just shot myself in the foot from further compensation but I was able to call Best Buy customer and they are sending me a 50 dollar giftcard in the mail for my canceled Last of Us: Survival Edition Preorder. I am still hoping it was a systematic error and I can still get the game.

I don't know if I just shot myself in the foot from further compensation but I was able to call Best Buy customer and they are sending me a 50 dollar giftcard in the mail for my canceled Last of Us: Survival Edition Preorder. I am still hoping it was a systematic error and I can still get the game.
Did you call Premier Silver customer service?

Did you call Premier Silver customer service?
I am Premier Silver but I just called the regular Best Buy helpline. At first the person I spoke with said they could offer a coupon for 5% of my order but then said because we caused you an inconvenience we can send you a 50 dollar gift card in the mail.

I got transferred to 3 different people none of which knew what was going on but entire call took 15 mins.

I don't know if its just my store but they got rid of the game trade kiosk to make room for the Samsung display. Now it's even more of a nightmare to trade games in at the customer service. I didn't get my 10% bonus for trading in there but I did get them to give me 10% off my order.

mad as mad cow right now. I stil want to get the game but buying at bestbuy just can't happen right now

I don't care about the coupon, and I just want the survival edition.

Is there any chance there will be copy in store on launch day

I don't know if its just my store but they got rid of the game trade kiosk to make room for the Samsung display. Now it's even more of a nightmare to trade games in at the customer service. I didn't get my 10% bonus for trading in there but I did get them to give me 10% off my order.
They did the same here. Sucks since waiting at customer service takes much longer than waiting at video games.

They did the same here. Sucks since waiting at customer service takes much longer than waiting at video games.
It already took long enough when they employees knew what they were doing. Just a tip for anyone trading in should mention the trade in bonuses they should be getting to the rep first because they're gonna mess it up.

It already took long enough when they employees knew what they were doing. Just a tip for anyone trading in should mention the trade in bonuses they should be getting to the rep first because they're gonna mess it up. 
THis is a whole store wide protocol. THey are removing all gaming kiosks/registers from all bestbuys. ALl trade-ins must be done at customer service/geek squad now

I really wanted the Survival edition for the artbook so I'm bummed about that.  Looks like I'll be waiting awhile before buying The Last Of Us.

Just so everyone knows...you can get the art book stand alone for around $28 on amazon right now.

So if you figure the game costs you $40+tax (the $20 coupon you got for the cancel). $42+28=$70 and you get $20 back in rewards. If you wait the art book should be close to $20 eventually. So you would lose out on the steelbook and DLC, but the artbook is not exclusive to the set like the statue is for the GS edition.

$20, and it expires 7/8.

The $20 digital promo code you received is not the discount, that's the replacement for the $20 RZ Cert you used to pre-order it with. My Survival Edition was canceled this morning too - I received a $25 digital promo code as I used $25 in RZ Certs to order. The "exclusive discount" is supposed to be emailed within 48 hours. Anyhow, from what I can figure, the system had an error and changed the release date from 6/14 to 5/7 this morning and - as it's now a 30 day backorder - was automatically canceled. I was on the phone with Silver, Post-Purchase, & the Back Office for a while - no real resolution, basically SOL, though they're going to send a $50 GC for the inconvenience.

Also, Silver can't help - I was on the phone for 40+ minutes - you want the Back Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back