Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so everyone knows...you can get the art book stand alone for around $28 on amazon right now.

So if you figure the game costs you $40+tax (the $20 coupon you got for the cancel). $42+28=$70 and you get $20 back in rewards. If you wait the art book should be close to $20 eventually. So you would lose out on the steelbook and DLC, but the artbook is not exclusive to the set like the statue is for the GS edition.
Thanks...but the steelbook is what I mainly wanted from the Survival Edition. :cry:

At this point, I'm going to sit and wait for a BBY forum rep to respond to the thread I made (for reference: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/The-Last-of-Us-Survival-Edition-Online-Preorders-Being-Cancelled/m-p/686754).

Now im worried I wont get my inshore pre order ;/
You probably don't have anything to worry about (not that I'm an authority on the matter), since the cancellations were due to the change of order status to "Backordered" and subsequent past-30-days-on-backorder cancellation.

Now im worried I wont get my inshore pre order ;/
you are mostly likely safe. The last time bestbuy had a mass cancellation issue was the bioshock infinite preorders, and it was only the online orders that were affected. That is why i only do preorders in store now at bestbuy.

Just so everyone knows...you can get the art book stand alone for around $28 on amazon right now.

So if you figure the game costs you $40+tax (the $20 coupon you got for the cancel). $42+28=$70 and you get $20 back in rewards. If you wait the art book should be close to $20 eventually. So you would lose out on the steelbook and DLC, but the artbook is not exclusive to the set like the statue is for the GS edition.
Oh wow, thanks. That's the only thing I wanted from the Survival Edition. This plus the sorry gift card makes me feel much better, assuming it's a decent amount.

Thanks...but the steelbook is what I mainly wanted from the Survival Edition. :cry:

At this point, I'm going to sit and wait for a BBY forum rep to respond to the thread I made (for reference: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/The-Last-of-Us-Survival-Edition-Online-Preorders-Being-Cancelled/m-p/686754).
Thanks for making the thread - I added a comment - I wanted the steelbook and the artbook as well - getting those for an extra $20 (vs the regular edition) was a nice bonus.

I basically never buy games at $60 but "The Last of Us" is going to be one of those few exceptions. Since I was not an Unlocked member it just seemed stupid not to go ahead and do it and basically come out $5 ahead. So my quick questions for someone are, how long should it take for the welcome coupons to arrive, and when do most of you see the monthly coupons show up?

So glad I have a Survival Edition already paid off. I'm just wondering why so many people are just now looking for it because it was widely available for many months. Also paid for the Season Pass so June 14th can't come soon enough.

So glad I have a Survival Edition already paid off. I'm just wondering why so many people are just now looking for it because it was widely available for many months. Also paid for the Season Pass so June 14th can't come soon enough.
Why do I get the feeling you didn't read these posts well at all?

Why do I get the feeling you didn't read these posts well at all?
I'm not talking about the ones who got cancelled, that is unfortunate and I'm lucky I still have my order. Either way I wish anyone luck who is looking for a Survival Edition.

F***
Best Buy just canceled my preorder for The Last of Us: Survivial Edition.
They claimed it is not available they'll give me a special discount off my next order for the inconvenient (no exact percentage/dollar amount specified).
You got to be kidding me.
Same thing just happened to me. Total BS. I preordered on April 26th.
Is this for website preorders or did the store contact you?

The $20 digital promo code you received is not the discount, that's the replacement for the $20 RZ Cert you used to pre-order it with. My Survival Edition was canceled this morning too - I received a $25 digital promo code as I used $25 in RZ Certs to order. The "exclusive discount" is supposed to be emailed within 48 hours. Anyhow, from what I can figure, the system had an error and changed the release date from 6/14 to 5/7 this morning and - as it's now a 30 day backorder - was automatically canceled. I was on the phone with Silver, Post-Purchase, & the Back Office for a while - no real resolution, basically SOL, though they're going to send a $50 GC for the inconvenience.

Also, Silver can't help - I was on the phone for 40+ minutes - you want the Back Office.
uhmmm the backorder auto canceled sounds logical. I hope they fix it soon so I can have my surivial edition june 14.

I really dont care about $50 or $20 coupon, I just want the game and i want the game now.

mad as mad cow right now. I stil want to get the game but buying at bestbuy just can't happen right now

I don't care about the coupon, and I just want the survival edition.

Is there any chance there will be copy in store on launch day
Would like to know as well. I called them yesterday and they told me they haven't got their stock in yet, so I'm hoping they ordered some extras outside of the pre-order allocation. Going to hit them up friday morning real early.

here is something to cheer you guys up, lol

unboxing videos of

last of us surivial edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q4IeU7OEb8

post-pandemic edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDCfFIWDgVo

ellie edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E91eok-xZkw

joel edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xtY3ZVOj_k

Hi, can someone confirm something about the Last of Us Survival Edition?

When I search for it at bestbuy.com it shows ship to store before erroring out when adding to cart. However, I heard some people say that they get unavailable from the get go. Does ship to store indicate that there is a better chance that I can still get the survival edition as long as I pre-order in store?

When I search for it at bestbuy.com it shows ship to store before erroring out when adding to cart. However, I heard some people say that they get unavailable from the get go. Does ship to store indicate that there is a better chance that I can still get the survival edition as long as I pre-order in store?
you do realize it is being sold out, right?

Yeah, but I thought in store it is sold out on a case to case basis depending on the number of copies allocated for each store. So if you find a store that is not sold out of their particular copies, then perhaps you can still pre-order it. That's my question, anyway. Am I way off?

Yeah, but I thought in store it is sold out on a case to case basis depending on the number of copies allocated for each store. So if you find a store that is not sold out of their particular copies, then perhaps you can still pre-order it. That's my question, anyway. Am I way off?
if it is sold out online through bb websites for preorders. It is a good indication, it will be unavailable for preorder in store as well.

I actually want to get 2 Last of Us. I can't pre-order two but if they have more in the store that night, can I get more unto my order?

EDIT: nvm, managed to add another to my cart by going back to the pre-order page instead of trying to increase the number manually.

F***
Best Buy just canceled my preorder for The Last of Us: Survivial Edition.
They claimed it is not available they'll give me a special discount off my next order for the inconvenient (no exact percentage/dollar amount specified).
You got to be kidding me.
Same thing just happened to me. Total BS. I preordered on April 26th.
Is this for website preorders or did the store contact you?
These cancellations are for online preorders only.

I actually want to get 2 Last of Us. I can't pre-order two but if they have more in the store that night, can I get more unto my order?

EDIT: nvm, managed to add another to my cart by going back to the pre-order page instead of trying to increase the number manually.
Just know you will only get one $20 certificate, not two.

Hmm.. I pre-ordered The Last of Us at Best Buy over a month ago, and realized that on the back of the pre-order card there was only a SKU for the standard edition. Were pre-orders even taken in-store for the CE? If I waltz in next Friday and happen to snag a CE there, will I still get the $20 bonus as a GCU Member?

Thanks!

it's been awhile since i've posted here. I want to preorder The Last of Us but don't see the $20 RZ message on BB site, is it too late to get in?

So I preordered last of us online today for shipping and then right after got a cancellation email saying they were "unable to verify my information" . Thing is I paid with a gift card , should I be worried ? I've heard people mention things like this on this board , I'm hoping it's not what I think it might be !

Hmm.. I pre-ordered The Last of Us at Best Buy over a month ago, and realized that on the back of the pre-order card there was only a SKU for the standard edition. Were pre-orders even taken in-store for the CE? If I waltz in next Friday and happen to snag a CE there, will I still get the $20 bonus as a GCU Member?

Thanks!
In order to pre-order the CE in-store, you had to print a pre-order slip for the CE sku on the touch screen kiosk or had a gaming rep look up the sku and pre-order from there. I don't think the $20 bonus differentiates between you picking up a standard edition or collectors edition. Pre-ordering the right sku just helps Best Buy allocate enough inventory to your store.

it's been awhile since i've posted here. I want to preorder The Last of Us but don't see the $20 RZ message on BB site, is it too late to get in?
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/296482-best-buy-unlocked-20-rz-cert-pre-order-promo-the-last-of-us-splinter-cell-blacklist-gta-v-south-park-the-stick-of-truth/page-130#entry10601844

So I preordered last of us online today for shipping and then right after got a cancellation email saying they were "unable to verify my information" . Thing is I paid with a gift card , should I be worried ? I've heard people mention things like this on this board , I'm hoping it's not what I think it might be !
Only way to find out is to call Best Buy.

Hmm on BBY.com you can get Last of Us and Sony Pulse Edition headset for $159.99, worth it??

Hmm on BBY.com you can get Last of Us and Sony Pulse Edition headset for $159.99, worth it??
Essentially that makes the headset $100. Is it worth $100 to you? No one else can really answer that. I have the original wireless headset Sony made, I really do like it for what it is, but I only paid $30 for it. It's hard for me to recommend anything at $100 that is a peripheral.

I called to ask why my order was cancelled and not surprised "they weren't sure why" . However I placed a second order which they said was still processing , so i'll wait and see what happens with that .

Anyone know how picking up in-store pre-orders work, when the gaming register is gone?  I asked over a customer service and they weren't really sure of the procedure, but said I could bring the game over and they would refund the pre-order receipt.  Should I try to find a Gaming rep and bring them over to customer service to ring up the purchase?

From now on I think I'll just pre-order CE games in-store and regular editions online.

Anyone know how picking up in-store pre-orders work, when the gaming register is gone? I asked over a customer service and they weren't really sure of the procedure, but said I could bring the game over and they would refund the pre-order receipt. Should I try to find a Gaming rep and bring them over to customer service to ring up the purchase?

From now on I think I'll just pre-order CE games in-store and regular editions online.
Funny enough my store still has the gaming register but they moved preorder pickups to the 'In store pickup' section months ago.

Think I even complained about it here a few times because of the hassle haha.

Funny enough my store still has the gaming register but they moved preorder pickups to the 'In store pickup' section months ago.

At least that makes sense even though it may make it a hassle. This way they can set aside pre-orders in some area instead of locking the games in cage or plastic security bins at the Gaming section. I hope their not asking someone to bring over a game when you pick it up though.

At least that makes sense even though it may make it a hassle. This way they can set aside pre-orders in some area instead of locking the games in cage or plastic security bins at the Gaming section. I hope their not asking someone to bring over a game when you pick it up though.
Yeah, like you said they have all the boxes of games behind in the pickup area so that part is pretty easy. Them learning the preoder process is the hard part heh

My wife pre-ordered and paid off in full Last of us a couple weeks ago. My unlocked sub expired on June 1st, however the associate informed her that since the pre-order was paid off in full, I would still get my $20. 

Has anyone gone through experience before and gotten their $20?

My wife pre-ordered and paid off in full Last of us a couple weeks ago. My unlocked sub expired on June 1st, however the associate informed her that since the pre-order was paid off in full, I would still get my $20. 

no, you would not receive your $20, unless you are signed up for the gamers unlocked membership of $14.99

Anyone know how picking up in-store pre-orders work, when the gaming register is gone?  I asked over a customer service and they weren't really sure of the procedure, but said I could bring the game over and they would refund the pre-order receipt.  Should I try to find a Gaming rep and bring them over to customer service to ring up the purchase?

all preorders can/must be picked up at the in-store pickup section.

no, you would not receive your $20, unless you are signed up for the gamers unlocked membership of $14.99

At the time the pre-order was placed and paid in full. I was a member of the gamer's unlocked, which I had paid $14.99. However, the game doesn't release until 6/14, my membership expired on 6/1. I have a feeling that I'm better off bringing this up with CS at Best Buy.

That associate is either very smart or very dumb. Just kidding.

I'm in a 'similiar' situation, where my Gamer's Club Unlocked membership goes through to the 14th. Their terms state: To be eligible, you must be a Reward Zone program Gamers Club Unlocked member and meet minimum age requirements of purchased game at time of pickup or shipment.

For those who have been affect by the cancellation of the online pre-order TLOS surivial edtion(not from today)

check your email, there will be a surprise :bow:

Out of blue BestBuy sent me a confirmation of my order to The Last of Us Survival Edition and is expected to ship soon. What the... originally it was cancelled due to 'backorder error'. Well, it appears I'm getting it with no charge. A full refund, $70 digital coupon and a free game. Happy camper! :D

Check your email shortly, you might actually get the game after all, for free. Kudos to BestBuy for trying to fix this. :)

anyone know if there's a Best Buy exclusive dlc or something packed inside the gamecase? Not sure if I should wait for a drop
There's some digital extras that gamestop also offers through redeemables codes to be emailed or printed on your receipt. You can check it out in the OP.

Out of blue BestBuy sent me a confirmation of my order to The Last of Us Survival Edition and is expected to ship soon. What the... originally it was cancelled due to 'backorder error'. Well, it appears I'm getting it with no charge. A full refund, $70 digital coupon and a free game. Happy camper! :D

Check your email shortly, you might actually get the game after all, for free. Kudos to BestBuy for trying to fix this. :)
Good to hear Best Buy came through after all for you guys.

damn, it is like the bioshock infinite cancellations all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back