Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
Need some advice if it were you. My gcu ended last week but I have last of us preorder ed and still plan on getting it. I traded in a bunch of games and bought about 6 new with the $20 certs. I'm not seeing very many new games going forward. Would you re-up and do you think they will add more games or is gaming at BB dead?

Last of Us just shipped from Best Buy... anyone else?
Interesting. I shouldn't have changed to In Store Pick Up if that is the case. Shipping today would have probably meant getting here on Friday, I was afraid I wouldn't get it until Monday. Oh well, have to reup my GCU anyway so had to make the trip at some point.

Need some advice if it were you. My gcu ended last week but I have last of us preorder ed and still plan on getting it. I traded in a bunch of games and bought about 6 new with the $20 certs. I'm not seeing very many new games going forward. Would you re-up and do you think they will add more games or is gaming at BB dead?

If you are going to get TLOU on Friday and pay the $60 either way then just pay the $15 for the year, so $5 ahead. But if you are OK with waiting for TLOU to be cheaper then I would wait to re-up. Even if they extend the deals or they get better if you renew in 2 months that will "add" two months to your subscription period.

Basically wait as long as you can, has nothing to do with BB or gaming being dead there, it just makes sense to hold off until you benefit from it.

I also got the e-mail for the Survival Edition.  I doubt I'm getting it for free, but that's fine.  When it ships, I'll cancel my artbook order at Amazon.

Out of blue BestBuy sent me a confirmation of my order to The Last of Us Survival Edition and is expected to ship soon. What the... originally it was cancelled due to 'backorder error'. Well, it appears I'm getting it with no charge. A full refund, $70 digital coupon and a free game. Happy camper! :D

Check your email shortly, you might actually get the game after all, for free. Kudos to BestBuy for trying to fix this. :)
Wow, that is AWESOME!

Out of blue BestBuy sent me a confirmation of my order to The Last of Us Survival Edition and is expected to ship soon. What the... originally it was cancelled due to 'backorder error'. Well, it appears I'm getting it with no charge. A full refund, $70 digital coupon and a free game. Happy camper! :D

Check your email shortly, you might actually get the game after all, for free. Kudos to BestBuy for trying to fix this. :)
Wow, that is AWESOME!
I'll say--I got the same email. ;)

Just got another e-mail from Best Buy about The Last Of Us and wow, they just created some more brand loyalty from me.  I'm not going to post it because I don't want random people whining to Best Buy about it but check your inboxes.

Just got another e-mail from Best Buy about The Last Of Us and wow, they just created some more brand loyalty from me. I'm not going to post it because I don't want random people whining to Best Buy about it but check your inboxes.

Can you give us an idea? I was thinking about pre-ordering the CE of TLOU but decided against it. I regret it now due to the mistakes, but I am not upset at all. Tell us !:p

Just got another e-mail from Best Buy about The Last Of Us and wow, they just created some more brand loyalty from me. I'm not going to post it because I don't want random people whining to Best Buy about it but check your inboxes.

Can you give us an idea? I was thinking about pre-ordering the CE of TLOU but decided against it. I regret it now due to the mistakes, but I am not upset at all. Tell us !:p
I also regret not pre-ordering it but life goes on. Probably what happened with Dark Souls CE I'm guessing is BB solution to this problem.

Vaguely related, but just got an email the BBY is killing pitch in cards July 16th. No more adding funds to it after that.

Vaguely related, but just got an email the BBY is killing pitch in cards July 16th. No more adding funds to it after that.
I figured something was up since I haven't been able make a "contribution" for weeks now. Instead of it just not working, they blanked out the function and if you try to do it from an "invite" email you get a message saying contributions are temporarily disabled. I'm surprised it lasted this long. Doesn't seem like it was that popular overall. Most cashiers don't even know what it is or how to use it when you present it.

I figured something was up since I haven't been able make a "contribution" for weeks now. Instead of it just not working, they blanked out the function and if you try to do it from an "invite" email you get a message saying contributions are temporarily disabled. I'm surprised it lasted this long. Doesn't seem like it was that popular overall. Most cashiers don't even know what it is or how to use it when you present it.
well, it does not affect at all, since I rarely even use it.

well, it does not affect at all, since I rarely even use it.
I do. When I get trade credit, I consolidate it by "contributing" to my pitch in card. It's unfortunate that it's going away but I can see why they're not continuing the program. It's a cool idea, just wasn't publicized enough. Plus getting RZ points for the contribution was a nice bonus. RIP pitch in card. :cry:

I think another CAG already mentioned it. They were refunded, got TLOU SE free, and $70 credit for a future purchase.

I think another CAG already mentioned it. They were refunded, got TLOU SE free, and $70 credit for a future purchase.
Pretty much this, though I only got a $10 credit for a future purchase (not that I'm complaining). It'd be crazy if I got the $20 in RZ points and preorder DLC too, but if I don't, fine with me. ;)

Oh, and according to UPS...my Survival Edition should arrive tomorrow. \\:D/

Not too shabby. It reminds of the time when a customer was supposed to receive a Wii during an opening day promotion, the store ran out, and the manager gave that customer $100 in credit.

Well, that's way better than I got, haha, but I'm more than happy with the free SE and $10 code. If I also get the $20 for pre-ordering (which I doubt), that'd be even more ridiculous.

Well, that's way better than I got, haha, but I'm more than happy with the free SE and $10 code. If I also get the $20 for pre-ordering (which I doubt), that'd be even more ridiculous.
I thing the member htz is referring to meant he was refunded $70 via digital coupon and given TLOU Survival Ed. I received a $10 promo code and TLOU Survial Ed.

Never 'preordered' online. By doing so, does the $20 unlocked RZ cert come automatically, just as if I put $5 down in store?

Sorry if this has been asked already, but it's a reeeaaally long thread....

There's no reason to worry that the $20 deal is no longer mentioned on the actual product page, in the "Special Offers" section?

Sorry if this has been asked already, but it's a reeeaaally long thread....

There's no reason to worry that the $20 deal is no longer mentioned on the actual product page, in the "Special Offers" section?
They often get removed from the product page, look here to make sure it's on the list and you should be fine.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Sorry if this has been asked but I don't think the search thread has been implemented on the new site yet so I have to ask.

Does the $20GC pre-order bonus apply if you pre-order the "The Last of Us Standard Edition Game & PlayStation Plus Subscription Package?"

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Last+of+Us+Standard+Edition+Game+%26+PlayStation+Plus+Subscription+Package/9999204600050007.p?id=pcmprd203400050007&skuId=9999204600050007&st=The_Last_of_Us_Offer_107603&lp=1&cp=1

Thanks

I think it does apply, but only a best buy connector on the official forum can give you a definite answer.

Never 'preordered' online. By doing so, does the $20 unlocked RZ cert come automatically, just as if I put $5 down in store?
Sure does. I preordered three games on the list and the $20 came automatically.

It's so strange to me though. Online isn't even a 'preorder' per se, all I did was place an order and the item shipped later on.
Best Buy does ship games a few days before release date, just be glad you will be getting your item quicker. Some lucky CAGs will be getting the game today, I already got my limited edition guide from UPS.

so if I preorder today will I get the $20?
Yes, just do it before Best Buy closes.

It is not up to Best Buy if they add more titles to this. Why does everyone blame the wrong people? They blame Sony/MS when there are no good sales on PSN/XBLA for 3rd party games when it is not totally up to them. They blame retailers for no new sales on games, again not up to them.

Publishers may not want to do any $20 promo for PS4/XBOX One games because they feel since they are system launch titles it will lower the perceived value of them over the entire duration of the console life. Look at how not a single WiiU title got a $20 offer....

It is not up to Best Buy if they add more titles to this. Why does everyone blame the wrong people? They blame Sony/MS when there are no good sales on PSN/XBLA for 3rd party games when it is not totally up to them. They blame retailers for no new sales on games, again not up to them.

Publishers may not want to do any $20 promo for PS4/XBOX One games because they feel since they are system launch titles it will lower the perceived value of them over the entire duration of the console life. Look at how not a single WiiU title got a $20 offer....
Uh, what? You're still paying $60 retail for the game. It's Best Buy that's essentially giving you a $20 GC for it. The only time I've seen pubs complain was Blops 2 and that's likely because they didn't want it to endanger their relationship with other retail outlets.

Wii/U games have historically not been part of the GCU promos.

I will blame whoever I paid and that would be Best Buy. They already changed the PM terms after I had already joined, but hopefully they will add some more games to this deal before the end of the year.

Uh, what? You're still paying $60 retail for the game. It's Best Buy that's essentially giving you a $20 GC for it. The only time I've seen pubs complain was Blops 2 and that's likely because they didn't want it to endanger their relationship with other retail outlets.

It's not as simple as Best Buy giving out a $20 GC. If you don't believe me, go ask Josh over at the ToysRus thread. He was video games buyer for Kmart originally and he had to get approval and funding from publishers before he can greenlight a deal.

It's not as simple as Best Buy giving out a $20 GC. If you don't believe me, go ask Josh over at the ToysRus thread. He was video games buyer for Kmart originally and he had to get approval and funding from publishers before he can greenlight a deal.

Wait Josh is still here?????

Also, exactly. Even if it is just a "coupon" for the store itself, it needs approval from the publisher as Josh stated back in the K-Mart days. In the end the store is selling someone elses product. As such the creator gets a say in what actually happens.

You don't seem to understand that there are "deals" made between publishers and the retailers in order for the retialer to see at a discount. Most of the time retailers are reimbursed somehow, given some kind of future credit, or promise to order X shipments etc. Same kind of talks when determining exlcusives (timed or not), both dlc and physical.

Sometimes to get sales despite publishers not giving the okay, retailers would have to have a generic promotion such as Buy X Get Y etc when a hot title is released.

You don't seem to understand that there are "deals" made between publishers and the retailers in order for the retialer to see at a discount. Most of the time retailers are reimbursed somehow, given some kind of future credit, or promise to order X shipments etc. Same kind of talks when determining exlcusives (timed or not), both dlc and physical.

Sometimes to get sales despite publishers not giving the okay, retailers would have to have a generic promotion such as Buy X Get Y etc when a hot title is released.
I get that. You didn't understand me. The retailer is not selling the title at a discount. You're still paying the full $60 retail up front. They're creating a credit for you that you can use on other products later. Whatever you buy with that money, whether it be another game, doesn't matter to the publisher. It's against BB's books, not the pubs.

Now, if you can give me hard proof that the publishers changes the wholesale price based on these deals, then we'll be talking.

I get that. You didn't understand me. The retailer is not selling the title at a discount. You're still paying the full $60 retail up front. They're creating a credit for you that you can use on other products later. Whatever you buy with that money, whether it be another game, doesn't matter to the publisher. It's against BB's books, not the pubs.

Now, if you can give me hard proof that the publishers changes the wholesale price based on these deals, then we'll be talking.
It doesn't matter if they sell the title at a discount or not. Best Buy still needs publisher approval before a deal is greenlighted. Which should answer your question about why Best Buy is not adding more $20 GC titles.

It doesn't matter if they sell the title at a discount or not. Best Buy still needs publisher approval before a deal is greenlighted. Which should answer your question about why Best Buy is not adding more $20 GC titles.
I know they need approval (hence my acknowledgement of the deal's hush hush nature for Blops at Activision's request). There was a new thread around E3 last year that had all of the fall titles added. I'm simply asking where that is, and if it's happening again.

I know they need approval (hence my acknowledgement of the deal's hush hush nature for Blops at Activision's request). There was a new thread around E3 last year that had all of the fall titles added. I'm simply asking where that is, and if it's happening again.
I was the OP of that thread, too. Nobody here knows but Best Buy. If it does happen I will update this thread with the new titles as usual.

All I am saying is that it is wrong to blame Best Buy when we do not know what is going on. Perhaps BB is done with the $20 promos, if so yes blame Best Buy. But perhaps they are trying to get new games added and are met with resistance. Or perhaps they want the news to wait till after E3 a month or two old. There are things at work we are not aware of, nor should we be IMO. All we know is nothing has changed and we do not know why, hold off blame until you know who to blame.

Would be nice if Best Buy included next gen titles if they do decide to continue this promotion. $20 cert or two sure would come in handy after buying a Playstation 4.

Bit on the LOU + Pulse Elite bundle. Sony confirmed that they're working to support all of the Pulse headsets on the PS4, which sealed the deal for me.

See response to comment 9 @ http://blog.us.plays...tom-audio-mode/

Bit on the LOU + Pulse Elite bundle. Sony confirmed that they're working to support all of the Pulse headsets on the PS4, which sealed the deal for me.

That link isn't working, I would like to see it...can you maybe type out the title of the article so I can search it?

That link isn't working, I would like to see it...can you maybe type out the title of the article so I can search it?
This should work:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/10/grand-theft-auto-v-ps3-bundle-custom-pulse-elite-headset-custom-audio-mode/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back