Best Buy: Vanquish PS3/360 $19.99 YMMV

the_ENEMY_

CAGiversary!
there was a big yellow sticker on a TON of games in my best buy, with an override code EOL-BJ. I picked up the last copy of Vanquish for ps3 at 19.99. I would have to say there are about 10 titles with this yellow sticker. It may be happening in all best buys, since my best buy is very prude with their sale prices.

Also brutal legend was 9.99, Mortal Kombat vs DC was 9.99, Alpha protocol was 14.99, Create was 9.99 and more.

BB in west hartford, CT btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Thrinn']Have they ever gone on record as saying that they wouldn't do sequels? Platinum has only been around a couple of years, they haven't really had an opportunity to produce sequels yet. Given enough time I'm sure they'll start churning out sequels once they find enough IPs that stick.

Isn't Platinum run by ex-Clover guys? They made a sequel to Viewtiful Joe. It's probably only a matter of time before we see Bayonetta 2.[/QUOTE]

Actually, Platinum isn't against sequels. There's been plenty of talk about a Bayonetta 2 and Sega has said it's very interested in publishing it multiple times. I suspect we'll see it at E3 this year.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...bayonetta-2-practically-confirmed-almost.aspx

[quote name='RollingSkull']Vanquish didn't really deliver on technical gameplay though.[/QUOTE]

It might not be as technical as Ninja Gaiden but it's certainly one of the most technical shooter in recent years, at least in the mission mode. For some reason, the campaign can be played like a regular shooter.

[quote name='nbballard']Vanquish was an awesome game. It suffered mostly because the demo didn't introduce the combat well causing most people to just think it was another cover based shooter (unless you went into the training mode), and it launched in October during one of the heaviest release windows in recent years.[/QUOTE]

Perfectly stated, the reasons I passed on it. Hearing so much praise has changed my mind and I will pick up a copy in the near future.

[quote name='Thrinn']It's probably only a matter of time before we see Bayonetta 2.[/QUOTE]

Not to sound like a "zombie" or "automaton," but I'd buy that.

Checked at my local bb at SD and its a no go. Im surprised that the game is still 40 bucks, from what i remember bayonetta dropped pretty quickly, and it sold much better.

[quote name='mozfan27']Checked at my local bb at SD and its a no go. Im surprised that the game is still 40 bucks, from what i remember bayonetta dropped pretty quickly, and it sold much better.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Sega printed less copies this time around like they have been doing with Yakuza series so the price remains fairly high even 6 months after release.

[quote name='jazzman']Anyone find a copy for $20 in socal?[/QUOTE]

None in City of Industry or West Covina locations...

bread's done
Back