Best Buy: Vita MGS: HD Collection $14.99 - Wii Super Mario Galaxy 2 $14.99 (In Store Only)

I wanted Super Mario Galaxy 2, but every store has it unavailable. I remember back in October my local Best Buy had multiple copies of it available. I've checked back these past weeks since I've bought my Wii U, but they have removed them all.

Can't pricematch any local store since none of them carry the game anymore.

Ordered for in store pickup in town hour from me. Going there tomorrow for family thing so can pick up then.

13 after tax and Gcu

Thanks op

Mgs vita collection is getting hard to find in physical version. There is a digital version though so it won't get that pricey.

I hope they decide to release a super Mario Galaxy HD collection on Wii U eventually.

I got a backorder notice from Best Buy on MGS. :whistle2:(
Bummer.

What time did you order the game ? Did you at least get an email saying order receied? I ordered it at around 10 PM EST last night and got an email saying order received at 11PM. It said I should get another email when it shipped.

I'm tempted to get Dead or Alive, and Ninja Gaiden 3...they might go lower so I'm going to hold out...

Edit: just checked my order status for MGS HD Collection, and it can't be canceled. I'm pumped! I hope everyone gets there copy as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from my local Best Buy with the last copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2. I called the nearest store and gave them the SKU Number and the guy told me they had one. He went to look for it on the shelf but was unsuccessful. The employee mentioned that they did have a "dump bin" and that it could be in there. 

I scoured through the pile of random games and was able to find it still inside a plastic clamshell case towards the bottom. Don't rely on the website since it won't show up if there's 3 or less at the store.

Trained monkey never learns.  Everytime I see Best Buy deal, I go wooo I want that, and look at that shinny yellow add to cart button.  Click on it and to my disappointment not avaialbe for shipping and no where in 50 miles have the item.  So far I have bought 0 stuff from Best Buy since Black Friday.  Last year I was at least able to buy 4-5.  Would be nice if they just put up gray button sold out online instead of getting my hopes up.

I scoured through the pile of random games and was able to find it still inside a plastic clamshell case towards the bottom. Don't rely on the website since it won't show up if there's 3 or less at the store.
oh really? this gives me hope for MGS

Is SMG2 easier than SMG1 ?

I am getting old, am in my late thirties and I'll be honest, Donkey Kong Wii, NSMB Wii, were both hard so I downloaded 100% saves so i can enjoy levels beyond where I have been stuck. I'll probably do the same for SMG1 which I have and its a little hard to get past some levels. My seven year old is better than me on some levels but gets stuck too.

Thanks in advance.

On the other hand, Is SMG2 getting harder to find ? If so, I might just pick it up to not loose out.

i only see maybe two worth buying in this list and that's metal gear HD collection at 14.99 but i already have the newest collection that includes it so thats like a no in my book.....as for the others pokemon black at 19.99 i guess is good doubt it will ever be 15 or even 10 lol thanks for posting this 

I am getting old, am in my late thirties and I'll be honest, Donkey Kong Wii, NSMB Wii, were both hard so I downloaded 100% saves so i can enjoy levels beyond where I have been stuck. I'll probably do the same for SMG1 which I have and its a little hard to get past some levels. My seven year old is better than me on some levels but gets stuck too.

Thanks in advance.

On the other hand, Is SMG2 getting harder to find ? If so, I might just pick it up to not loose out.
For what it's worth, DKCR is the most challenging platformer on wii, lol. SMG2 isn't easier than the first, but it is better.

For what it's worth, DKCR is the most challenging platformer on wii, lol. SMG2 isn't easier than the first, but it is better.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. DKCR is so freaking hard.

I was in Toys r us. They didnt have SMG2, but he did say they will price match BB.

Damn, so hitting up target and best buy today, hopefully they still got some Metal gear solid vita.

Bummer.

What time did you order the game ? Did you at least get an email saying order receied? I ordered it at around 10 PM EST last night and got an email saying order received at 11PM. It said I should get another email when it shipped.
I ordered 10 minutes after the OP posted. Even though I received a backorder notice, my item did shipped out yesterday. Best Buy even sent it by UPS Next Day Air lol.

I ordered 10 minutes after the OP posted. Even though I received a backorder notice, my item did shipped out yesterday. Best Buy even sent it by UPS Next Day Air lol.
Sweeet.

I got the email that it shipped via UPS to be delivered on Monday hopefully. It says someone needs to sign for it but we wont be home. last time they delivered they said they will not hold until they attempt at least once. Which means I wont get it atleast until tuesday or thursday worst case. No worries though, my pile of shame will keep me warm.

Got my hopes up and dashed them very quickly. Not available for shipping again already. :/
Wow that was quick. I went back and double check to make sure it was still working after I posted. Really wish they just let us place in on back-order instead of luck of the draw.

Picked up my mgs he vita and bought a second for another cag.

There was one more copy at this bby. It was at the one in Clarksville tn

Thanks in advance.

Honestly, if I were you, I would just wait. While it's not official, Nintendo will probably re-release remastered/HD versions of the Super Mario Galaxy games on the Wii U.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/25/nintendo-considering-super-mario-sunshine-and-galaxy-hd-remakes-4160816/

Is there any way to search stores for MGS Collection Vita? The listing appears to have been removed judging from the link in OP.

bread's done
Back