Best Buy Weekly Sale - $15 Payday 2, Ni No Kuni, BF3 Premium, Fire Emblem, New Super Luigi U & More (dead)

YBX87

Banned
Cheap games/noteworthy games:

:ps3:

Borderlands 2 - $10

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $15

Need for Speed: Most Wanted: Limited Edition - $15

Assassin's Creed III - $15 

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 - $15

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - $15

PAYDAY 2-  $15

Deadpool - $15

Army of TWO: The Devil's Cartel Overkill Edition - $15

Battlefield 3: Premium Edition - $15

:360:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $15

Assassin's Creed III - $15

Need for Speed: Most Wanted: Limited Edition - $15

Kinect Sports: Ultimate Collection - $15

MLB 2K13- $15

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 - $15

PAYDAY 2 - $15

Deadpool- $15 

Battlefield 3: Premium Edition- $15

The Hip Hop Dance Experience- $15

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance- $15

Army of TWO: The Devil's Cartel Overkill Edition- $15

:3ds:

Super Mario 64 DS - $15

Fire Emblem: Awakening - $15

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers - $23

:wiiu:

New Super Luigi U - $15

---

PS3

Full list: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-1804249335589555468&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=categoryid%24abcat0703002&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=-bestsellingsort+skuidsaas&qp=currentoffers_facet%3DSAAS~Current+Offers~On+Sale&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&fs=saas&iht=n&seeAll=&browsedCategory=abcat0703002

NBA 2K14 - $40

BioShock Infinite - $20

Just Dance 2014 - $25

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - $30

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct - $20

Madden NFL 13 - $20

Skylanders: Giants Battle Pack 1 (Shroom Boom and Chop Chop) - $12

WWE '13 - $30

Just Dance 4 - $30

Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection - $34

Prototype 2 - $20

Best of PlayStation Network Vol. 1 - $20

Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension - $29

Xbox 360

Full List: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-1804249335589555468&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=categoryid%24abcat0701002&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=-bestsellingsort+skuidsaas&qp=currentoffers_facet%3DSAAS~Current+Offers~On+Sale&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&fs=saas&iht=n&seeAll=&browsedCategory=abcat0701002

Just Dance 2014 - $25

NBA 2K14 - $40

BioShock Infinite - $20

Halo 4: Game of the Year Edition - $30

Zumba Fitness World Party - $30

Dance Central 3: Best Buy Exclusive Edition with 2 Bonus Tracks - $25

Just Dance 4 - $30

Angry Birds Star Wars- $30

Gears of War: Judgment- $20

Just Dance Kids 2014 - $20

Just Dance: Disney Party - $20

Skylanders: Giants Battle Pack 1 (Shroom Boom and Chop Chop)- $12

2K Sports Combo Pack- $45

Skylanders: Giants Starter Pack- $45

WWE '13- $30

Turbo: Super Stunt Squad - $25

Sniper Elite V2: Silver Star Edition- $29

DARK- $20

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - $22

Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection- $36

3DS 

Full list: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-1804249335589555468&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=categoryid%24pcmcat235500050004&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=-bestsellingsort+skuidsaas&qp=currentoffers_facet%3DSAAS~Current+Offers~On+Sale&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&fs=saas&iht=n&seeAll=&browsedCategory=pcmcat235500050004

Angry Birds Star Wars - $20

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph - $15

LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins - $15

Mario Tennis Open - $30

Skylanders: Giants Starter Pack - $45

Top Trumps: NBA All Stars - $15

The Hidden - $15

The Croods: Prehistoric Party - $17

Wii U

Full list: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-1804249335589555468&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=categoryid%24pcmcat274600050017&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=-bestsellingsort+skuidsaas&qp=currentoffers_facet%3DSAAS~Current+Offers~On+Sale&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&fs=saas&iht=n&seeAll=&browsedCategory=pcmcat274600050017

Just Dance 2014 - $35

Just Dance 2014 with Wii Remote Plus Controller - $55

Just Dance Kids 2014 - $20 J

ust Dance: 4 - $40

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two - $15

Skylanders: Giants Battle Pack 1 (Shroom Boom and Chop Chop) - $12

Angry Birds Trilogy - $30

The Amazing Spider-Man: Ultimate Edition - $30

urbo: Super Stunt Squad - $25

Ben 10: Omniverse - $18

Angry Birds Star Wars - $40

Fast & Furious: Showdown - $28

Sniper Elite V2 - $56

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a complete RPG n00b. I've never played a Fire Emblem game. How user friendly is it for n00bs like me? I haven't played a turn based strategy game since Pokemon Blue back in the day.

This is primarily to pay off the law school entrance fees. I've been studying for my law school for the past six months with no job and between the cost of the LSAT and the fees necessary to apply to law school, I needed someway to help raise money for that. 

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. Also for those of you that don't know. You can pick up Fire Emblem + Luigi at Target for $21 if you get them to use the buy 2 get 30% off coupon. As an act of good faith, I'll link you to it. 

post-117526-0-54878400-1384584687.jpg

I'm a complete RPG n00b. I've never played a Fire Emblem game. How user friendly is it for n00bs like me? I haven't played a turn based strategy game since Pokemon Blue back in the day.
It's an amazing game. It's not too difficult unless you get attached to one of the weaker characters. Then it's a grind as enemies will go out of their way to target that person until you've level them up a bit. The gameplay is definitely addicting but the relationship building is where this game really shines. You'll spend hours working to establish new relationships and dialogues with different characters to see how they interact with one another. It's an amazing game and number two game of the year behind Super Mario 3D World.

This is primarily to pay off the law school entrance fees. I've been studying for my law school for the past six months with no job and between the cost of the LSAT and the fees necessary to apply to law school, I needed someway to help raise money for that.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. Also for those of you that don't know. You can pick up Fire Emblem + Luigi at Target for $21 if you get them to use the buy 2 get 30% off coupon. As an of good faith, I'll link you to it.

So you also use a fake coupon to boot. School books or not, you're still an ahole.

I don't have a 3DS. What's so special about Fire Emblem?
In short, most of the games are pretty challenging turn-based strategy games (permadeath, limited times to save, ect), which aren't all that common on consoles. Combine that with the fact that it's a Nintendo franchise (which automatically means the fanboys will eat it up) and I'm kinda surprised we didn't see the series earlier.

All that said, the 3DS version is easily the worst the series has to offer IMO. Graphics are of course better and the interface has been slightly improved, but so many missteps were made with Awakening. For starters, it's by far the easiest FE game I've played to date (having only played the handheld titles) and feels very casualized, and yes this is a problem in a series known for it's crushing difficulty. Things like adding in DLC (at insane prices, $3 apiece for DLC for maps than can easily be cleared in 10 minutes isn't ok), making the main character a customizable avatar, and the ability to turn permadeath off all speak volumes to this. They scrapped the multiplayer from the DS game (which I loved) with the closest multiplayer functionality now being spotpass. And, frankly, the story sucked, especially compared to the Shadow Dragon. They added a relationship feature that adds some depth, but it doesn't really make up for any of the other shortcomings.

I'm not saying FE:A is a bad game (DLC aside), but it's certainly not going to win any GOTY awards. It is very much the weakest of the franchise (on the handheld side anyways), feeling very much like a lot was sacrificed in an attempt to rope in newbies (which IMO is moronic since a lot of the plot revolves around the legend of Marth). If it were feasable to track down the DS game without breaking the bank, or if any of the GBA games were on VC, I'd definitely point you there instead (Shadow Dragon is one of the best games in the DS library) but since that's not the case I guess the 3DS version is worth a look at $15.

Last edited:

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. Also for those of you that don't know. You can pick up Fire Emblem + Luigi at Target for $21 if you get them to use the buy 2 get 30% off coupon. As an of good faith, I'll link you to it.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Absolutely ridiculous. Thank you for the laugh.

Is Luigi U worth it if I already have NSMBU?
At $15? I'd say yes.
At $30? Absolutely not.

Keep in mind that, contrary to what the marketing implies, this game is comprised of significantly smaller, remixed versions of levels that already exist. If NSMBU is fresh in your mind, or if you played it a lot, you will recognize a lot of these levels from the main game, just with added enemies and other tweaks. Secrets have been redone, but unless you like pounding every pixel you better get ready to use a guide, as there are no clues whatsoever to where many of them are hidden. I found that the DLC reeks of laziness, like Nintendo just threw a couple of interns in front of the level editor and told them to add enemies and whatnot while slightly tweaking Luigi's controls/mechanics to make some hard mode DLC, but the fanboys seem to love it so what do I know?

Either way, $15 seems fair, and if nothing else the added difficulty that was sorely missing from NSMBU is appreciated.

Last edited:
I don't have a 3DS. What's so special about Fire Emblem?
Its the best SRPG ever. Ask that question again and I'll smack you

As far as Awakening goes, its not the worst, but not the best. I hated both the DS ones and loved this one personally. Its still an amazing game, just tons of DLC

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. Also for those of you that don't know. You can pick up Fire Emblem + Luigi at Target for $21 if you get them to use the buy 2 get 30% off coupon. As an act of good faith, I'll link you to it.

I think I have made a comment directed at you before re: law school. Terrible idea man. You think you have no money now? Wait until you have to pay back your law school loans with a shitty job. The legal market crashed in '08 and still hasn't recovered. Though I recommend against going, you have your mind made up and I wish you luck. As for hoarding, I wouldn't brag about it here. It is frowned upon.

Sweet! With this $150 Zelda 3DS, $10 Paper Mario and the $18 Pokemon X from that Walmart glitch I'm building a really sudden 3DS library that I never thought I would have. It's really a fun system! :D

A lawyer and a scumbag? Hmmm is that redundant?
I legit don't care. I mean if it makes you feel better about yourself, more power to you. But I don't know you enough to feel any shame at you, or anyone else, telling me what I'm doing is wrong. I'm just trying to live my life.

I think I have made a comment directed at you before re: law school. Terrible idea man. You think you have no money now? Wait until you have to pay back your law school loans with a shitty job. The legal market crashed in '08 and still hasn't recovered. Though I recommend against going, you have your mind made up and I wish you luck. As for hoarding, I wouldn't brag about it here. It is frowned upon.
Maybe that was someone else? I am worried about the loans though. The plan is to live with my parents for a few years and invest everything I make into paying back the loans for the first two or three years of work. Living and eating costs will be subsidized and maybe something can come around after that.

My long term goal is to save up whatever I make and invest it into game development. I have a couple of visual novel projects going and that's what I really want to do. The legal thing is a backup. After I've paid back my loans, the rest of the money I earn will go into adventure games like those that Telltale makes. Eventually if that is successful, I'll give up law all together.

Smh just checked my zip code and no stores have  Fire Emblem available .....it should of been one copy of each for each customer. Hopefully Amazon PM this. 

I legit don't care. I mean if it makes you feel better about yourself, more power to you. But I don't know you enough to feel any shame at you, or anyone else, telling me what I'm doing is wrong.
Morals aside, wasn't bragging about hoarding once a bannable offense on this site?

Smh just checked my zip code and no stores have Fire Emblem available .....it should of been one copy of each for each customer. Hopefully Amazon PM this.
I've never seen Best Buy embrace this policy outside of console launches and I have no idea why. These sales are great for getting customers in the door and getting them to buy other things, but there's no point in going when I know El-Hoardo was waiting at the store at opening and cleaned it out. When it comes to Best Buy sales, if I can't set a sale item aside with store pickup then it's not worth the gas to drive over there. It's a shame, but that's what things are coming too :cry:

Last edited:
LOL, so much for being "done with last gen games".
i should have said i was done playing them buuuuut as for flipping i guess i can get a pair of games lol. and to that hoarder above i know you want some profits for money on the side but man oh man just cut back a little bro smh. heck i aint even that bad

I legit don't care. I mean if it makes you feel better about yourself, more power to you. But I don't know you enough to feel any shame at you, or anyone else, telling me what I'm doing is wrong.
I know there's no point in arguing with people like you, but I still can't wrap my mind around why you choose to gloat about your selfish exploits. Just be an asshole privately. Nothing wrong with flipping, but, damn, that didn't seem excessive to you? The site is called 'Cheap ass 'GAMER', not hoarder. Someone who actually wanted to, ya know, play the game won't be able to.

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen Mario 64 DS that cheap. It's pretty incredible how it kept its price tag for nearly a decade.

Believe it or not, I love Mario 64.

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen Mario 64 DS that cheap. It's pretty incredible how it kept its price tag for nearly a decade.

we can tell from your username. LOL

you probably has a whole shrine of mario related items in your room/home

Actually, I think it illustrates a real problem with Nintendo. It's ridiculous that a game that ancient is still sitting at $30, when it should've been part of a player's choice line long ago. While this isn't applicable to Mario, I'm getting really tired of Nintendo often choosing to pull a game off of shelves rather than lower the price. There are tons of DS titles, and even a few Wii titles I missed out on that I'd love to get, but they've been out of print forever. This is why my PS3 library has grown far larger than my Nintendo library, despite owning a Wii/DS/3DS for far longer. PS3 has tons to offer at the $20 range, and it's a fantastic option for late adopters like me who want to catch up. Hell, look at the deals in this very thread! Meanwhile, anybody buying a Nintendo system late is either going to have to "go digital" or do without tons of games, with only a small handful of games in the Player's Choice category on Wii with absolutely no DS equivalent.

Even with WiiU.... Game and Wario bombed and it's already becoming a hard to find game. Why not try releasing it at a more reasonable price? Maybe charging a premium for a minigame compilation, especially in the midsts of NintendoLand/Wii Sports/Wii Party U/ect wasn't such a good idea? No, as near as I can figure, Nintendo's answer is to simply stop restocking the game anywhere.

I'm also surprised Mario DS games are still available, who is buying these things? Are there really still people buying DS's?

Honestly it's no wonder they are in so much trouble financially, crap like this is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Actually, I think it illustrates a real problem with Nintendo. It's ridiculous that a game that ancient is still sitting at $30, when it should've been part of a player's choice line long ago. While this isn't applicable to Mario, I'm getting really tired of Nintendo often choosing to pull a game off of shelves rather than lower the price. There are tons of DS titles, and even a few Wii titles I missed out on that I'd love to get, but they've been out of print forever. This is why my PS3 library has grown far larger than my Nintendo library, despite owning a Wii/DS/3DS for far longer. PS3 has tons to offer at the $20 range, and it's a fantastic option for late adopters like me who want to catch up. Meanwhile, anybody buying a Nintendo system late is either going to have to "go digital" or do without tons of games, and only has a small handful of games in the Player's Choice category on Wii with absolutely no DS equivalent.

I'm also surprised Mario DS games are still available, who is buying these things? Are there really still people buying DS's?

Honestly it's no wonder they are in so much trouble financially, crap like this is ridiculous.
You have a great point I recently had to buy Zelda Skyward Sword on Ebay from a seller that had a good price like $44 with the music CD new. The rest had it selling for outrageous price smh new and used. I totally agree with you man.

I think I'll pass. Thanks for the review.

At $15? I'd say yes.
At $30? Absolutely not.

Keep in mind that, contrary to what the marketing implies, this game is comprised of significantly smaller, remixed versions of levels that already exist. If NSMBU is fresh in your mind, or if you played it a lot, you will recognize a lot of these levels from the main game, just with added enemies and other tweaks. Secrets have been redone, but unless you like pounding every pixel you better get ready to use a guide, as there are no clues whatsoever to where many of them are hidden. I found that the DLC reeks of laziness, like Nintendo just threw a couple of interns in front of the level editor and told them to add enemies and whatnot while slightly tweaking Luigi's controls/mechanics to make some hard mode DLC, but the fanboys seem to love it so what do I know?

Either way, $15 seems fair, and if nothing else the added difficulty that was sorely missing from NSMBU is appreciated.

Actually, I think it illustrates a real problem with Nintendo. It's ridiculous that a game that ancient is still sitting at $30, when it should've been part of a player's choice line long ago. While this isn't applicable to Mario, I'm getting really tired of Nintendo often choosing to pull a game off of shelves rather than lower the price. There are tons of DS titles, and even a few Wii titles I missed out on that I'd love to get, but they've been out of print forever. This is why my PS3 library has grown far larger than my Nintendo library, despite owning a Wii/DS/3DS for far longer. PS3 has tons to offer at the $20 range, and it's a fantastic option for late adopters like me who want to catch up. Hell, look at the deals in this very thread! Meanwhile, anybody buying a Nintendo system late is either going to have to "go digital" or do without tons of games, with only a small handful of games in the Player's Choice category on Wii with absolutely no DS equivalent.

Even with WiiU.... Game and Wario bombed and it's already becoming a hard to find game. Why not try releasing it at a more reasonable price? Maybe charging a premium for a minigame compilation, especially in the midsts of NintendoLand/Wii Sports/Wii Party U/ect wasn't such a good idea? No, as near as I can figure, Nintendo's answer is to simply stop restocking the game anywhere.

yea ive always been dumb founded that you have to usually stack coupons with sales just to get a first party nintendo game like mario at a decent price. sony and microsoft have games that are just as good for 20$ or so all the time so why cant nintendo ? it shouldnt take a 10 year old port of a game made in the 90s this long to drop as the game isnt even hard to find smh

It is not a problem if the DS games got amazing legs. The DS and Wii Mario games did just fine with no price drop.

There problem is with marketing the Wii U and nothing to do with the issues you mention

I legit don't care. I mean if it makes you feel better about yourself, more power to you. But I don't know you enough to feel any shame at you, or anyone else, telling me what I'm doing is wrong. I'm just trying to live my life.

Maybe that was someone else? I am worried about the loans though. The plan is to live with my parents for a few years and invest everything I make into paying back the loans for the first two or three years of work. Living and eating costs will be subsidized and maybe something can come around after that.

My long term goal is to save up whatever I make and invest it into game development. I have a couple of visual novel projects going and that's what I really want to do. The legal thing is a backup. After I've paid back my loans, the rest of the money I earn will go into adventure games like those that Telltale makes. Eventually if that is successful, I'll give up law all together.
This plan is incredibly boneheaded. With all due respect, only a fool takes out a quarter million dollars in loans in order to get their "backup" employment plan on track. And it assumes you'll find work.

While what I do isn't relevant here, it should suffice to say that I'm and attorney in a full time legal job and that current graduates from my program can't find work (I think our ranking has slipped a bit, but we were top 25 when I graduated).

Career services bombards me with requests to take kids as interns to get them experience. The school even offers to pay us to take them on for a year to inflate stats. Whatever employment numbers you're seeing are vastly overstated. I would estimate that fewer than 1/4 of students from Tier 1 schools are getting high quality legal jobs at this point, and even fewer are landing Big Law jobs that allow effective loan service. Salaries are still good, but Big Law isn't what it used to be. Incoming classes at many firms are told off the bat that they'll never be on a partner track.

You should only go to law school in the current environment if you really love the field and relish the thought of toiling away as a line prosecutor or public defender for 10 years until the loan waiver kicks in. Even those jobs are getting hard to find as top talent moves down market and displaces individuals with a genuine interest in service.

PM me and I'd be happy to pick up a phone and talk you off the ledge.

This plan is incredibly boneheaded. With all due respect, only a fool takes out a quarter million dollars in loans in order to get their "backup" employment plan on track. And it assumes you'll find work.

While what I do isn't relevant here, it should suffice to say that I'm and attorney in a full time legal job and that current graduates from my program can't find work (I think our ranking has slipped a bit, but we were top 25 when I graduated).

Career services bombards me with requests to take kids as interns to get them experience. The school even offers to pay us to take them on for a year to inflate stats. Whatever employment numbers you're seeing are vastly overstated. I would estimate that fewer than 1/4 of students from Tier 1 schools are getting high quality legal jobs at this point, and even fewer are landing Big Law jobs that allow effective loan service. Salaries are still good, but Big Law isn't what it used to be. Incoming classes at many firms are told off the bat that they'll never be on a partner track.

You should only go to law school in the current environment if you really love the field and relish the thought of toiling away as a line prosecutor or public defender for 10 years until the loan waiver kicks in. Even those jobs are getting hard to find as top talent moves down market and displaces individuals with a genuine interest in service.

PM me and I'd be happy to pick up a phone and talk you off the ledge.
Agree with all of this.......

It is not a problem if the DS games got amazing legs. The DS and Wii Mario games did just fine with no price drop.

There problem is with marketing the Wii U and nothing to do with the issues you mention
I did say "This isn't applicable to Mario", I know those titles sell insane for years. Though I'd still be surprised to learn the DS Mario's are moving units....

I'm thinking more of titles like Tetris DS. Starfox Command. Metroid Prime Hunters. Kirby Squeak Squad. Kirby's Canvas Curse. Phantom Hourglass. Sprit Tracks. Metroid Prime Pinball. Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. Pikmin 1. MPT.

That's all off the top of my head, I'm certain there are plenty more, but these are all games I missed but would buy in an instant at $20 or so. I'm sure I don't have to run down the list of rare Wii/DS games for anybody here. What irritates me is how these games drop off the face of the earth as opposed to getting reprinted as part of a Player's Choice line.

Last edited:
Target Rosemead,Ca didn't honor the PM for fire emblem. Said because it was cyber Monday even though I said its Tuesday. BS

I bought three games but they rang up discounted (listed price in parentheses). I'll take the deal but I don't know why the price dropped. Any ideas why? I might get some more games.

Mario 64

$11.99 ($14.99)

New Luigi

$11.99 ($14.99)

Battlefield 4 PS4

$47.99 ($59.99)

EDIT: I forgot about the Gamers Unlocked discount. F yeah!

Morals aside, wasn't bragging about hoarding once a bannable offense on this site?
That was when there were mods. Now you can talk about return fraud with no problems!

Progress.

Edit: to be clear, talking about the TRU thread, not anything in here.

Had only purchased Fire Emblem last night and couldn't decide If I should pick up Mario 64. I couldn't resist and was able to still pick up the last copy they had on their shelves.

When picking up my order I could see they had two more copies of Fire Emblem, Mario 64, Lego 3DS game and Luigi for Wii U ready for pick up.

The reason the games are still available is because they sell like hot cakes. NSMB - nearly 30 million sold, Mario 64 DS -10 million, Mario Kart DS - 22 million, even Mario Party DS sold close to 9 million. I do find it annoying that they pull a game off shelves but to be fair, Sony does the same thing. The reason why PS3 games can go so cheap is because they don't sell nearly as much as Nintendo games do, plain and simple.

bread's done
Back