Best Buy - Wii Kirby's Return To Dreamland $29.99 - PS3 Prototype 2 Blackwatch CE $19.99 - PS3 Skylanders Spyro Adventure Starter Pack $19.99

Not to be a smartass or anything, but is denoting the Gamer's Club Unlocked prices really necessary? Deducting 20% off of a price isn't exactly rocket science.

I got KRTD last time it was on sale at BBY for $30, good price for it considering the alternatives.  Given the fact that the last 1st party Wii game Nintendo officially reprinted (not to get into the GS Xeno / MPT business) was NSMB Wii (originally a 2009 release title), its very doubtful that we'll see Kirby get any sort of similar treatment this console cycle.  It would be wise to pick it up now if you can find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
They aren't ringing up in the store at those prices, if anyone was wondering. Skylanders and Prototype 2 rang up at 70 and 60, respectively. But they adjusted it to $15.99

Not to be a smartass or anything, but is denoting the Gamer's Club Unlocked prices really necessary? Deducting 20% off of a price isn't exactly rocket science.

Depends when the 20% is deducted. For this sale it's obvious, but for the recent DW8 deal the 20% was taken off of MSRP before the $40 off coupon for online orders instead of post-coupon (like it's supposed to), making the total $8 instead of $16. Confirmation of a discount is appreciated, by me at least.

kirby will be re released as a nintendo select at some point so i wouldnt snag one just to hold it in hopes that the value will go up
I doubt it. Nintendo released 10 games in North America total under this label and it's been 18 months since the last two. They could definitely have released DKCR, Mario Kart, and SSBB under this label in time for Christmas but chose not to in North America. Had they, I would have picked up those 3.

I think it's certainly possible it gets a price cut and comes back in stock. Similar thing happened with Mario Galaxy 2. I needed to buy it a few months ago but couldn't find it anywhere. Checked multiple Targets, Best Buys, Toys R Us, and others. Nothing. Amazon just had third party sellers at inflated prices. Then they announced the price cut to 30 bucks, and now the shelves are filled. Don't know if that will happen here, but it may be a possibility. I sure as hell didn't take any chances and got mine for $23.99. I was holding out for a long time hoping it would go the way of Epic Yarn and drop to like $8 at certain places.

Mine came the day after I ordered it... :shock: Good luck to you!
Finally had it delivered today, in perfect condition.

Seriously though, fuck my local UPS. BB sent it 2 day, with an original delivery date of 12/6. Never gets delivered, and when I checked the next morning I got a "oops we left it ad teh depotz" error message. Then the same goddamn thing happened Monday, and then Tuesday it didn't get delivered due to "circumstances outside of UPS control" and was labeled an Exception. Total and utter horseshit since it was a perfect driving day out...fucker probably forgot to deliver it and couldn't label it as "forgotten" anymore. Today it finally went out for delivery, and the guy "delivered" it by sticking it in a snowpile next to my door. Hey, at least he didn't slam it in the screen door this time...stupid lazy mother fuckers. If the game had been damaged in any way...OH LAWD

UPS is just plain awful; they're so damn slow. Took them 2 weeks to get my computer to ASUS (another company I now hate) for repairs after paying like $130 for it.

UPS has been *far* more agreeable for me and my friends. The real devil is fedex. I got my copy of this, and I am so glad I did, as this is likely going to be a very $$$ game going forward.

[quote name="Echocentricity" post="11342594" timestamp="1386833708"]You guys never tip your ups drivers?[/quote]

I've never seen my UPS drivers. They practically throw the package from the truck and then speed off.

There's a bunch around me, but there were always preowned copies available at almost every store, so I doubt it's a reprint. They did jack up the price $5 though...was $44.99 the last time I checked.

Next time I'm in one with RtD in stock I'll check the branding on the inside case. If it's the Nintendo logo instead of the Wii logo, then it's definitely a reprint.

kirby will be re released as a nintendo select at some point so i wouldnt snag one just to hold it in hopes that the value will go up
You are kidding right? Because Nintendo is totally known for reprinting games at a lower price point :wall:

No. Just no. It's a miracle Wii got the Player's Choice games it did get, if you think Wii is getting anymore support whatsoever you are out of your mind. Don't get me wrong, I have 0 doubt that R2D will probably have some HD textures slapped on and resold at $50-$60 in the future, but if you plan on playing it anytime soon (not that it's anything special; if it weren't for the multiplayer, that doesn't even have online support, I would have found it to be an extremely generic, uninspired game) NOW is the time to pull the trigger.

good luck finding Kirby for less than $30. I think it's being phased out, not lowered in price.
This, classic Nintendo :???: Considering WiiU is bombing (badly) and is BC you'd think they'd wanna keep production on some of the newer Wii games up just a little longer. But for all I know this game bombed, I'd be very interested to see some reliable sales numbers if anybody has anything.

Last edited:
I do. My UPS driver is here probably 3 out of 5 days a week. Amazon Prime FTW/FTL.

Around $25 and some cookies.
Oh, I see. I understand that then. Most of the time my packages are small enough to fit in my mailbox and I never see the person who delivers the mail.

Last time a UPS driver dropped off a package he threw it against my door. I guess this was his way of knocking? :D

Oh, I see. I understand that then. Most of the time my packages are small enough to fit in my mailbox and I never see the person who delivers the mail.

Last time a UPS driver dropped off a package he threw it against my door. I guess this was his way of knocking? :D
Sounds about right. I started having my packages delivered to my parent's after they delivered my shiny red Wii (and various other packages) to the wrong townhouse. I guess unit/apt numbers confuse the heck out of them. This also goes for FedEx and USPS delivery guys.

Might be worth checking any closing BBC in your area for Kirby.

I know last time I was in mine about 6 week ago they had numerous copies.

Don't recall price.

Might be worth checking any closing BBC in your area for Kirby.

I know last time I was in mine about 6 week ago they had numerous copies.

Don't recall price.
Well IIRC the website has them priced at $30 right? Pretty certain I remember seeing it while Xmas shopping the other day. So the in-store price is irrelevant, they should PM to the website price.

All that said, I remember buying this game 2 years ago at $30 just a few months after launch, so I would've thought $30 now would be a bad price, but looking online I'm seeing it at $60 just about everywhere for a new copy. Did this suddenly become a rare game or something?

^It's OOP and was a shorter print run than some other first party titles from what I've read recently.

Sorta like Xenosaga or Metroid Prime Trilogy. Both of those got a reprint however through Game stop but I doubt Kirby: R&D will receive the same since the console cycle is over and dead.

In my above post I meant to put BBV for Blockbuster Video. I called them a bit ago and he said the game was $27.99 but game were now 20% off so final cost would be $22.39 + tax.

I've been getting UPS packages via Amazon for almost six years now and it's always problem-free. I know the dude parks in the street versus coming into the townhouse development too, so he trudges through a decent patch of snow in the winter. Maybe I'll have to tip the dude this year.

Anyone on the hunt for Kirby should check TRU and Kmart...in my area at least, those are the only two chains that had it in stock since last winter/spring (when most other stores got rid of their stock).

I've been getting UPS packages via Amazon for almost six years now and it's always problem-free. I know the dude parks in the street versus coming into the townhouse development too, so he trudges through a decent patch of snow in the winter. Maybe I'll have to tip the dude this year.
Since we are on the topic anyways, I have had serious problems getting shipped orders from Best Buy. I ordered a bunch of stuff from them for Xmas gifts last Monday (as in December 2nd) and half of it hasn't arrived yet. Checking the UPS tracking numbers, they all read Shipment information received by UPS Mail Innovations but nothing further, as far as I can tell UPS hasn't even received the order yet. Best Buy's website says everything's shipped already (though obviously it hasn't as UPS has no record of it). I've called them and had 0 luck reconciling this and am about ready to just call the credit card company and see if it's too late to deny payment. I have also ordered a ton of stuff through Amazon and Wal-Mart and it was delivered fine, but Best Buy has screwed up royally and seems completely unwilling to fix it.

^It's OOP and was a shorter print run than some other first party titles from what I've read recently.

Sorta like Xenosaga or Metroid Prime Trilogy. Both of those got a reprint however through Game stop but I doubt Kirby: R&D will receive the same since the console cycle is over and dead.

In my above post I meant to put BBV for Blockbuster Video. I called them a bit ago and he said the game was $27.99 but game were now 20% off so final cost would be $22.39 + tax.
I guess that sucks for people who wanted it, but honestly, it's an overhyped game. It's a very by the numbers Kirby, with the only thing making it stand out is the local multiplayer and the fact that it's on a console. Something like this missing online play is ridiculous so unless you have 3 or 4 friends to play through the adventure with I wouldn't feel too bad about missing out, and even then it's a really easy/short game that I don't think anybody would spend much time with.

Last edited:
Well looks like a GS reprint on Kirby. Used $49.99 and available at all stores within 20 miles.
Not a reprint, GS simply converted their new copies to used, so in case the value keeps going up for copies, they can go over the $49.99 threshold. About a month ago I saw new copies of KRtD at just about every GS I went to, now its showing OOS for the 100 mile radius for new versions.

I know GS initiated the reprint on Xenoblade and MPT, but let's not jump the gun just yet. I will admit that is probably the only likely scenario of this game ever getting redistributed again (though the used value would have to push $70 or more for that to happen).

Nintendo may have recently self directed NSMB Wii and SMG2 (though I personally didn't see any local restocks of SMG2) repopulations, but Kirby is most definitely not Mario in terms of recognition.

bread's done
Back