Best Buy will not price match for reward zone members

razrvamp

CAGiversary!
I'm not sure how many are aware of this but best buy will not price match if you are a reward zone member. I went there today because I had a 20 dollars off cupon for lost planet 2. It was on sale at toys r us for 35 so I thought I could get it for 15 bucks. Well I get up to the counter and they price match then I hand them my cupon and they say they can't take it. I ask why and they tell me I'm a rz member and I can only have the cupon or the price match and that price match does not apply to rz members. Just thought I would let my fellow CAG's know.

That's really weird that he would say that. I understand the "price match or coupon, not both" thing, but taking something away from the people that sign up for they're "VIP/VIC" program doesn't sound right.

That is odd. I got Best Buy to price match Alan Wake awhile ago (to $25 I think from K-Mart), and then used $20 in reward zone coupons and got it for about 5 bucks.

On another trip I had them price match Transformers Season 2 Part 1 and Season 4 to Target $19.99 price and used $30 in reward zone certs on it.

Sounds like Best Buy just has @$$holes.

(I'd also like to add the guy above me's avatar is awesome...that is all)

[quote name='razrvamp']I'm not sure how many are aware of this but best buy will not price match if you are a reward zone member. I went there today because I had a 20 dollars off cupon for lost planet 2. It was on sale at toys r us for 35 so I thought I could get it for 15 bucks. Well I get up to the counter and they price match then I hand them my cupon and they say they can't take it. I ask why and they tell me I'm a rz member and I can only have the cupon or the price match and that price match does not apply to rz members. Just thought I would let my fellow CAG's know.[/QUOTE]

Whoever told you that at that store is 100% full of shit and should be shot to death. I have never been rejected a RZ certificate, regardless of if it was a price match or if it was on an item that was on clearance. Personally I think that store was just pissed off you wanted to price match and shafted you in the end. The thing is, the system allows the certificate to scan through, regardless of if it was a price match or not, and since the system will allow it without override, they can't reject you for that. That's just ridiculous of what they did to you.

What you guys are saying is how I thought it worked too but according to my local BB manager that is not the case

man that teller was being a dick. There is no such rule and im sure the teller was hating try anothier bestbuy. because reward zone coupons are just like money that you've earned. what difference does it make how it spent in collaboration with a price match. that like getting a price match and then them refusing a giftcard ...its money not a percentage off coupon...wtf

I think people are misunderstanding what he tried doing, it sounds like he tried to use a $20 COUPON, not $20 in reward certificates, I'm not surprised they wouldn't let him combine the coupon and the price match as I'm guessing the coupon is from the gamer magazine. still not sure what they had to do with reward zone though
also, if you read the coupons and says regular prices, not valid on any other offers

[quote name='Krunks']I think people are misunderstanding what he tried doing, it sounds like he tried to use a $20 COUPON, not $20 in reward certificates, I'm not surprised they wouldn't let him combine the coupon and the price match as I'm guessing the coupon is from the gamer magazine. still not sure what they had to do with reward zone though[/QUOTE]

Why did he even mention RZ members, lol. If that is the case, then I change my statement and the op is actually in the wrong for thinking he can stack coupons after price matching.

I dont think he's talking about RZ Certs. I think he was talking about the $20 off LP2 coupon that was giving out in the BestBuy Magazine to RZ members.

BestBuy never allows coupon AND pricematch, it's either one or the other.

I think there's a big misunderstanding here. The OP was trying to use a coupon that gave $20 off Lost Planet 2, not $20 in reward zone certificates. If this was the case, then the manager was correct. There are some instances of managers bending the rules, but generally they wont pricematch, and allow a coupon on the same item.

Edit: Two other people understood.

[quote name='sasukekun']I dont think he's talking about RZ Certs. I think he was talking about the $20 off LP2 coupon that was giving out in the BestBuy Magazine to RZ members.

BestBuy never allows coupon AND pricematch, it's either one or the other.[/QUOTE]

In this case it actually says on the coupon that it can not be combined with any other coupon or sale, since the price match technically counts as a sale from another store.

[quote name='Brownjohn']I think there's a big misunderstanding here. The OP was trying to use a coupon that gave $20 off Lost Planet 2, not $20 in reward zone certificates. If this was the case, then the manager was correct. There are some instances of managers bending the rules, but generally they wont pricematch, and allow a coupon on the same item.

Edit: Two other people understood.[/QUOTE]

Is this coupon from @Gamer? If so, why did he even bring RZ into this. I think that's what was misleading me.

o i c in that case ...then off-course they are going to refuse...the coupon is to get a discount, the price match is already a discount so cant do, that's double jeopardy dowg.

btw...ifthat is the case what the hell does being a RZ member have anything to do with it!?

scream and run though the doors waving your arms around.... maybe you will get lucky and your running faster then the doors open and slam into the doors :)

love to see someone do that

[quote name='Krunks']I think people are misunderstanding what he tried doing, it sounds like he tried to use a $20 COUPON, not $20 in reward certificates, I'm not surprised they wouldn't let him combine the coupon and the price match as I'm guessing the coupon is from the gamer magazine. still not sure what they had to do with reward zone though
also, if you read the coupons and says regular prices, not valid on any other offers[/QUOTE]

What I was using was a BB RZ specific coupon for Lost Planet 2. I received it from them in the mail. i had to give them my card to get the coupon discount. I thought you could price match too and that wasn't the case. Hope that clears it up for everyone.

[quote name='razrvamp']What I was using was a BB RZ specific coupon for Lost Planet 2. I received it from them in the mail. i had to give them my card to get the coupon discount. I thought you could price match too and that wasn't the case. Hope that clears it up for everyone.[/QUOTE]Let's clear things up so everyone isn't confused.

For those that don't know, Reward Zone certificates count as a payment method, not a coupon. They work regardless, as long as the pre-tax total of the sale is more than the value of the RZ cert.

Any adjustment of price via price match or manual price adjustment locks out any coupon use in the register. If you have a PM done or a price change done, any coupons that are scanned in don't validate and don't work on the transaction. They scan, though they don't do anything.

This is prevent exactly what you were trying to do, PM + coupon usage, which is "another deal" exclusion for the coupon.

What occasionally happens with cashiers than want to please the customer or don't know what they're doing, they manually adjust the price of the item of the PM price - coupon savings. Usually raises a red flag because it drops the discount more than the register allows without a supervisor / manager approval. That's where it tends to get shot down.

So, they were right, you can't do a PM and use a coupon, you can only do one or the other.

bread's done
Back