best buy witcher 2 dark edition notice read if you preordered!!!

gauu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
42 (100%)
i know its not a deal but it is for those that preordered the game at bestbuy.com. i got this email and i must say HOLY COW bestbuy you just totally made my day. if you do indeed get all 3 items thats 85$ value(game and coupon)+the shirt is worth at least another 10ish. they are basically giving you the value of the dark edition free. that being said i posted this for those who preordered to check your emails.

Thank you for your interest in the The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Dark Edition for Xbox 360 (sku 4891391) on BestBuy.com. Unfortunately, due to the product availability of this edition from the vendor we are unable to fulfill your preorder. We apologize for this inconvenience.
As you are a valued customer, we would like to offer you the following:

• The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition for Xbox 360 for free plus free standard shipping.
  • A free t-shirt with your pre-order.
  • A $25 Digital Coupon* toward your next purchase at www.BestBuy.com.

Same thing happen with Dark Souls LE before. BBY can never fulfill their LE/CE preorders unless you do in store and pick it up early.

Question, does BBY charge you full price right away when doing preorder online?

That's a very kind gesture but bottom line is why the hell does BB do this to all of their preorders? Their pre order system is broken to say the least. I preordered this game as well and did not get the email. I also wasn't taking any chances and have it pre ordered at Walmart as well as Gamestop.

EDIT: Mine still says "In Process", so I wonder. I think i would rather them cancel it for all the freebies. I ordered on Feb 28th, what about you guys?

i preordered around mid march which i knew was too late so it worked out in my favor. i do still have it preordered at gamestop and im praying i get it.

I am rather confused by this. So you get the game, t-shirt, and a coupon for free? I highly doubt that is the case.

What I can see if them charging everyone who pre-ordered the game $100. The $100 gets you a "free" copy of Witcher 2, the shirt, and the $25 coupon. The coupon basically makes the purchase you made $75, minus the shirt of $16 and that's $60 for the game. To me that makes the most sense, but who knows.

nope i didnt post the rest of the email but it said that i had til the 17th of april to call about how the cancellation process worked and to claim my freebies. ill of course post if anything is different.
ill be calling after i finish dinner in a little bit.

[quote name='pedrobeara']not a deal so get lost[/QUOTE]

aww does someone need a hug. it is a deal for those that arent getting the preorder and getting the items instead(if it is indeed free and not like what saixxx says)

i preordered instore. we'll see what happens. would be pissed if i didnt get it though, as i really want the artbook. and lol at getting the value of the dark ed. free...the tshirt was already included w/ all preorders so its not a bonus, and a $25 gc does not equal a 128+page hardcover artbook that is limited in availability.

[quote name='pedrobeara']not a deal so get lost[/QUOTE]

Get out of here, junior, with the negativity. Assholes don't make friends around here.

called them and the lady said that she would forward an email to their promotion dept as she couldn't pull up the email that was sent out to me. ill keep people posted. curious though did anyone else get this email as well???

So you're getting something because they couldn't fulfill the order and you decided to make a chat room to all rah rah or blah blah about it even though it's no deal?

This is why CAG exists.

[quote name='technicalstylez']i preordered instore. we'll see what happens. would be pissed if i didnt get it though, as i really want the artbook. and lol at getting the value of the dark ed. free...the tshirt was already included w/ all preorders so its not a bonus, and a $25 gc does not equal a 128+page hardcover artbook that is limited in availability.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same situation as you and feel exactly the same way.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Pretty good apology for those that ordered there. I would be more than happy with this if I had an order cancelled.[/QUOTE]

same, this happened quite a lot to me with BB last winter. Every time they canceled an item they gave me a GC in the value of that item, so I wasn't TOO mad at them.

[quote name='RollingSkull']http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrydownes/2012/01/02/why-best-buy-is-going-out-of-business-gradually/

Related.

There is NO REASON why Best Buy should be relegated to "Amazon showroom" status but their own bottomless ineptitude.[/QUOTE]

ive seen that before. it makes some sense honestly.

in fact many retail stores just cant come to terms with online purchases. about the only that can is wal mart and that is purely out of its dont give a crap we take all returns attitude and PM any and everything. in short Wal mart policy bends over to get your dollar which negates anything the dumb and unavoidablely stupid employees they have.

more stores need to do this.

also factor in wal mart has spear headed the 4 dollar el cheapo prescription medicine brand which is a Godsend for many people. again proving wal mart policy tries to negate the stupidity of dumb employees and actually works to get me to shop there.

other retail stores dont. and best buy sure as hell doesnt. best buy used to be amazing but with so many choices they arent. and they sure arent worth their black friday deals which were at one time the stuff of legends. ultimately i wouldnt be shocked to see best buy kick the bucket.

i will say this though. after only having @ gamer for 1 month and going on month two of coupons these guys get it in that area. their gaming deals are superb. i think if they want to stick around they really should make this a strength cause here they clearly get it.

and a personal gripe. they used to offer a lot of amazing anime in stores now it isnt as much but it is still one of the only stores that sells anime.

ultimately i see a lot of stores that arent wal mart closing in the future unless they adapt to the online shopper.

Ordered the Witcher 2: Dark Edition back in Feb 18th and paid it in full 2 months in advance.

Order gets cancelled 1 week before item ships. Best buy sends me an email apologizing the inconvenience and offering me the game for free with a free shirt and $25 online coupon if I call.

-Called yesterday, customer service rep says my order wasn't cancelled, pretty happy about that.
-Gets an email today saying my order was canceled. SMH.
-Calls customer service rep about free offer, only to be told that they don't know anything about said offer
and will call me several days later to inform of status?
-Haven't received $108 refund either.

ugh ill keep you posted if i here anything nstrident. i called and the rep had no clue and forwarded an email to their promo dept. im calling again tomorrow and getting a manager if i dont hear from them. i did get the email that my order was cancelled but oddly they never cancelled the shirt and i got a tracking for that. so if i come out with 2 promo shirts then sweetness ill have one extra to wear.

Mine was cancelled and I got the email with the offer. I just called and talked to a pleasant lady who put in the free order for the game and t-shirt and sent an immediate confirmation with the $0 total. The $25 OFF digital code was already in the original email.

Now to hunt down the Dark Edition elsewhere.

[quote name='MSUHitman']You guys might want to post on the BB forums, it seems a lot of issues can be solved by going there.[/QUOTE]

indeed poor Mike. i think hes the only smart employee best buy has lol

ugh i got my 25$ coupon to work no issues. got risen two for ps3 special edition for 37.79 so was happy with that. still keep getting the run around on the shirt and free game though. they keep telling me were sorry but you need to wait for the promotions dept to contact you. spent over an hour with even a manager yesterday for nothing.

called again today and got my order for the tshirt and game finally. YAY!! now to pray that my gamestop.com dark edition does actually come and safely.

I remember a similar issue with with Dark Souls CE. They offered everyone the regular game for $40 and later on, they sent out the CEs to everyone (not sure what happened with B&M preorders) for free.

[quote name='Vinny']I remember a similar issue with with Dark Souls CE. They offered everyone the regular game for $40 and later on, they sent out the CEs to everyone (not sure what happened with B&M preorders) for free.[/QUOTE]

This makes me want to pre-order CEs from best buy online just to take the gamble... heh.

im not complaining much as i got the shirt and a play copy of the game for free. plus im saving 25$ on risen 2 which im looking forward too. heck may as well get all the free money i can while they are still around. come next year its going to be amazon,gamestop,and walmart for video games pretty much.

BTW did anybody get an order confirmation? I kept calling and all I get is,
"This case has been forwarded to and is currently being processed by the promotions department." and gave me a case number to sit on.

[quote name='kayne2000']indeed poor Mike. i think hes the only smart employee best buy has lol[/QUOTE]

Much like Josh was for KMart.

bread's done
Back