Best Buy YMMV Thread

mikeshinobi

CAGiversary!
Can we have a thread where we share deals we find at our local Best Buys? Of course they're always YMMV but it would give us ideas of what to look out for.

I have two local best buys and each of them had different deals:

Best Buy #1:

• Dragon Quest Builders 2 (NSW): $15.99
Best Buy #2:

• Disgaea 4 (NSW): $15.99
  • Dead Cells (NSW): $10.99
  • Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology (3DS): $12.99 (didn't get this, very sad)
  • Some other 3DS title I was extremely sad I missed out on (3DS): $10.99
There were some others but these were the ones that stood out the most that I can remember.

Also for anyone who doesn't know, if your Best Buy has a price placard out for a game but they're sold out, you can ask an employee to order it for you from their website and they will match their in-store price! Of course they have to have stock on the website though.

Last edited by a moderator:
b4b, sold out already?
Something is definitely off. If it was sold out, it would say "sold out/unavailable nearby" in the "add to cart" field. Besides, within an hour after it simply disappeared from the system entirely.

On a side note, I bet the first Switch game to pop up (and propbably only), will be Just Dance, as it was a DotD not too long ago for $14.99.

It's not unheard of for stores to remove the items from their inventory during a sale and then right after the sale bring them back out on the floor at full price. I noticed that even Target does that sometimes.

10 days of overstock. And yet the uneducated masses still fall for it every time.
So far this is not the case, unlike past versions of this sale. Nothing they are offering is particularly well stocked and it's being cut off before every store sells out. The stuff they probably really want to get rid of is still too new to be offered so low.

It's not unheard of for stores to remove the items from their inventory during a sale and then right after the sale bring them back out on the floor at full price. I noticed that even Target does that sometimes.
I've seen it at target, and it's intentional/malicious. Way back when 3DS first party games were $5 at target, such as Zelda games, they sold out in stores and the shelves were empty by saturday afternoon. I went to the same store Sunday morning to pick something up and the game section was stocked with the then $5 games and were now at $39.99 MSRP. There's no truck delivery on a Sunday morning, they were holding back stock to wait out the advertised sale.

I've seen it at target, and it's intentional/malicious. Way back when 3DS first party games were $5 at target, such as Zelda games, they sold out in stores and the shelves were empty by saturday afternoon. I went to the same store Sunday morning to pick something up and the game section was stocked with the then $5 games and were not at $39.99 MSRP. There's no truck delivery on a Sunday morning, they were holding back stock to wait out the advertised sale.
Intentional? Sure.
Malicious? Ehhhhh ...

that 5 $ sale was so awesome. Wish they'd do another one of those on ps4 and such games once they start to get rid of them. 

So far this is not the case, unlike past versions of this sale. Nothing they are offering is particularly well stocked and it's being cut off before every store sells out. The stuff they probably really want to get rid of is still too new to be offered so low.
I suppose I define overstock as product worth more off the floor; not necessarily in bulk quantities.

It has a free PS5 upgrade (that is a pain in the ass to find) so it's a $10 PS5 game essentially.

Also with trade boost a set of Vanguard on PS4/XB1 was a 75% trade flip to GameStop.
So far it's holding value. Estimate they gave for pickup was in two days for me so fingers crossed it works out on Tuesday.

There's a whole bunch of stuff for $5-15. Wario posted mostly everythging:

Captain Tsubasa
Lumines
Accounting+
Chivalry 2
Subnautica
Azure Lane
Vitamin Connection
Evil Dead
DOKI DOKI LITERATURE CLUB
Panzer dragoon remake
Ion Fury
In sound Mind

And a few others I can't remember right now, stuff selling out fast

Edit: added couple more

In Sound Mind is sold out at BB, but just price-matched with Target Chat Support… Chick didn’t notice. (Or didn’t care. LOL.)

Hey, you know all those games you ignore on gamepass...now you can own them for just $10...each.

There's a whole bunch of stuff for $5-15. Wario posted mostly everythging:

Captain Tsubasa
Lumines
Accounting+
Chivalry 2
Subnautica
Azure Lane
Vitamin Connection
Evil Dead
DOKI DOKI LITERATURE CLUB
Panzer dragoon remake
Ion Fury
In sound Mind

And a few others I can't remember right now, stuff selling out fast

Edit: added couple more
My guess is some of these were meant to be part of the daily $10 sale for the rest of the week but someone pushed the wrong button. :whistle2:

The Evil Dead game is $10 off. I think someone got it backwards on that one.
Yeah, more than likely it's the usual oopsie of making something $5-10 total instead of that amount off the full price. Most of those get fixed within an hour of going live though instead lasting long enough for Amazon to price match.

What a dookie sale.

I really didn't expect much, but other than the trade flip for Vanguard, this sale was a total waste of time. 

I traded in the PS5 FIFA 22 from Best Buy's $10 deal.

By putting it towards a reserve of Splatoon 3, I got the extra 30% TIV for a total of $27.30.

I'm surprised EA let the FIFA license go.  They've had that since the early 90's (at least) and I'm sure the games sell really well worldwide.

EA let the FIFA license go because they were paying hundreds of millions for the FIFA name. EA still has all the real players and teams.
And FIFA wanted them to pay MORE.

EA said "lol no" and all the leagues and teams went #teamEA and FIFA said "oh yeah well we're gonna make the best game ever so there!!!" And then popcorn futures took off.

bread's done
Back