Best Buy YMMV Thread

mikeshinobi

CAGiversary!
Can we have a thread where we share deals we find at our local Best Buys? Of course they're always YMMV but it would give us ideas of what to look out for.

I have two local best buys and each of them had different deals:

Best Buy #1:

• Dragon Quest Builders 2 (NSW): $15.99
Best Buy #2:

• Disgaea 4 (NSW): $15.99
  • Dead Cells (NSW): $10.99
  • Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology (3DS): $12.99 (didn't get this, very sad)
  • Some other 3DS title I was extremely sad I missed out on (3DS): $10.99
There were some others but these were the ones that stood out the most that I can remember.

Also for anyone who doesn't know, if your Best Buy has a price placard out for a game but they're sold out, you can ask an employee to order it for you from their website and they will match their in-store price! Of course they have to have stock on the website though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. BB is cycling titles in the B2G1 free Switch deal for Total members. I saw Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania on it a few days ago. It's not there right now as I was about to pull the trigger on it. I do see Ring Fit Adventure now, and I swear it wasn't there a few days ago when I made a list of titles I'd be willing to buy in this promo.
I'm pretty sure all switch games are eligible, when you go to the b2g1 list it just shows a small sampling.

Bestbuy had a online clearance. Games being down to $9.99 hades was one of them but pretty sure like Hades all of them is now unavaible. Thanks to wario64 for the heads up even though I was late.

That's been sold out for a while now on the BB site.
I think it depends on where you live. I regularly find that games that others say are sold out on the website are still available to me because a store within my area (not local, but within around an hour from me) has it or the distribution center for my area will have it and it will allow shipping from the website.

Anyone ever had a problem with a ps5 controller drifting randomly shortly after being used? I bought a controller 2 years ago cause they were on sale for $40 but just opened it a month ago and it’s already drifting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone ever had a problem with a ps5 controller drifting randomly shortly after being used? I bought a controller 2 years ago cause they were on sale for $40 but just opened it a month ago and it’s already drifting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Na mine lasted a year to a year and half. Considering you bought yours 2 years ago its probably the old model that usually have that problem so I'm not surprised.

Does Best Buy still do the 12 month no financing? Their offers lists it but every time I add the required amount to my cart it doesn't come up at checkout as an option.

Does Best Buy still do the 12 month no financing? Their offers lists it but every time I add the required amount to my cart it doesn't come up at checkout as an option.
I think only if you have their cc. Pretty sure it's been that way all the time.

You also usually need to spend a minimum to get it - from what I recall, $300.

I think only if you have their cc. Pretty sure it's been that way all the time.

You also usually need to spend a minimum to get it - from what I recall, $300.
Yes I have their card and have been doing the financing thing for years. Every time I add the required amount to my cart it automatically has me on a gift certificate rebate option with no option for financing now no matter what the amount I add or what items.

Yes I have their card and have been doing the financing thing for years. Every time I add the required amount to my cart it automatically has me on a gift certificate rebate option with no option for financing now no matter what the amount I add or what items.
Wonder if they got rid of it. That could be given higher interest rates all around.

Na mine lasted a year to a year and half. Considering you bought yours 2 years ago its probably the old model that usually have that problem so I'm not surprised.
my original with 3 month after launch ps5 lasted till about 8 months ago before it started drifting now it is too bad. i also got another controller shortly after that and that is also drifted to hell. This is BS they expect us to pay 75 for controller normally? we have no choice we cant sue them?

my original with 3 month after launch ps5 lasted till about 8 months ago before it started drifting now it is too bad. i also got another controller shortly after that and that is also drifted to hell. This is BS they expect us to pay 75 for controller normally? we have no choice we cant sue them?
If it's under 1 year then you can do there warranty or do a store warranty but yeah that's messed up. I was mad at mines cause I waited for that day of play week to get a cheap a controller but they decided to not have controllers on sale this year which was a big F*U. Dualsense edge should be standard can easily replace the sticks or anything else but even that's crap cause its $20 for a stick I think. As of now the v2 controllers seems more polished and refined and I use the stick drift controller for fighting games and sidescrollers anything that doesn't rely on aiming or control the camera. So at least it can still be useful when getting a another controller. If its that bad then I say sell it to gamestop for some credit.

Well for what it's worth Nintendo got hit with class-action lawsuits over Switch Joy-con analog stick drift (which frankly, should have come a lot sooner if you ask me) so it does seem a possibility. Consequently they had subsequently announced that they would repair faulty Joy-cons that were suffering from the issue free of charge, including those out of warranty. I sent in two pairs a couple of years ago and they fixed them and I'm assuming they are still doing it, though I haven't looked in on it since then.

Well for what it's worth Nintendo got hit with class-action lawsuits over Switch Joy-con analog stick drift (which frankly, should have come a lot sooner if you ask me) so it does seem a possibility. Consequently they had subsequently announced that they would repair faulty Joy-cons that were suffering from the issue free of charge, including those out of warranty. I sent in two pairs a couple of years ago and they fixed them and I'm assuming they are still doing it, though I haven't looked in on it since then.
They are still doing it. Just sent a pair in last week. The blue one for the third fucking time. The right one didn’t have drift but disconnected constantly. The blue one had been in a little over a year ago and the stupid stick broke off. Got them both back yesterday and I don’t know if they are new, but they aren’t the ones I sent in.

If it's under 1 year then you can do there warranty or do a store warranty but yeah that's messed up. I was mad at mines cause I waited for that day of play week to get a cheap a controller but they decided to not have controllers on sale this year which was a big F*U. Dualsense edge should be standard can easily replace the sticks or anything else but even that's crap cause its $20 for a stick I think. As of now the v2 controllers seems more polished and refined and I use the stick drift controller for fighting games and sidescrollers anything that doesn't rely on aiming or control the camera. So at least it can still be useful when getting a another controller. If its that bad then I say sell it to gamestop for some credit.
Problem with the Sony warranty is you have to pay to ship it. They did send a refurbished one, but took about 4 weeks and $11 to mail it.

Best Buy is running a sale. Ten days of $10 games. They haven't revealed all days yet, but today is Sack boy Adventure on either ps4 or ps5.

Best Buy is running a sale. Ten days of $10 games. They haven't revealed all days yet, but today is Sack boy Adventure on either ps4 or ps5.
Probably, the standard Cyberpunk, Mario & Rabbids types that seem to always pop up. Good if you haven't already bit on them. Would be nice if they at least make it Sparks of Hopes instead of Kingdom Battle.

It looks like the store at 55 Hotel Circle in ABQ is no more. Last couple of times I went in there it was practically a ghost town. The only store in ABQ now is on Ellison Drive in the Cottonwood Corners area.

Back to the deals, not a bad start with Sackboy for $10.

I am going to reserve any titles that are semi-interesting for store pickup and then decide after the 10 days of deals is up, what I want to do.

Predictions:

Rainbow 6
FIFA
Just Dance
Lego Brawls
Pac-Man
Assassins Creed
NBA 2K
Plants vs Zombies
Rabbids Party Legends

It’s ALWAYS downhill after day one and this time around day1 was a recent Plus title.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Calisto is one of the ten games. Other than that… downhill.

Hopefully Forspoken is one of the games after the disastrous reception (somewhat justified). I wouldn't mind owning a copy on PS5. I know PC performance became way better after a few patches and hopefully that's the case here. Honestly enjoyed it a lot more than FF16. 

Hopefully Forspoken is one of the games after the disastrous reception (somewhat justified). I wouldn't mind owning a copy on PS5. I know PC performance became way better after a few patches and hopefully that's the case here. Honestly enjoyed it a lot more than FF16.
After the lighting patch and such it looks great on PS5.

Pretty unpredictable so far. Been games that stores only have a few copies of that can sell out if you aren't checking at 1am rather then stuff that actually needs cleared out like Deathloop, Mario Rabbids 2 and Maneater.

Would’ve jumped on that Gotham knights if I didn’t already have the deluxe edition from the collectors I got for $150. Hope forspoken is part of the deal later on since it hasn’t been dropping low enough. Want it under $20 since I’ve been waiting patiently

Would’ve jumped on that Gotham knights if I didn’t already have the deluxe edition from the collectors I got for $150. Hope forspoken is part of the deal later on since it hasn’t been dropping low enough. Want it under $20 since I’ve been waiting patiently
I would've jumped on it if were worth my time. Its like how I pass on these walmart clearances thats was $5. Just because its cheap doesnt mean an automatic purchase.

Gotham Knights sold out nearby for $10 already.  PS5 and XBox both.

Stores aren't even open here yet.  $10 I would have picked it up.  

Oh well.

After that Sims garbage yesterday I didn't even bother to check at 1am today, and sure enough it was something I would have tried for $10 that sold out quickly.  Oh well, like the poster above said, I expect this will not be the only time it will be available for $10.

It’s already down to $21 digitally during sales for XBOX and PS. Sure it will get down in the 10 range sooner than later too.

bread's done
Back