Best Buy YMMV Thread

mikeshinobi

CAGiversary!
Can we have a thread where we share deals we find at our local Best Buys? Of course they're always YMMV but it would give us ideas of what to look out for.

I have two local best buys and each of them had different deals:

Best Buy #1:

• Dragon Quest Builders 2 (NSW): $15.99
Best Buy #2:

• Disgaea 4 (NSW): $15.99
  • Dead Cells (NSW): $10.99
  • Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology (3DS): $12.99 (didn't get this, very sad)
  • Some other 3DS title I was extremely sad I missed out on (3DS): $10.99
There were some others but these were the ones that stood out the most that I can remember.

Also for anyone who doesn't know, if your Best Buy has a price placard out for a game but they're sold out, you can ask an employee to order it for you from their website and they will match their in-store price! Of course they have to have stock on the website though.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's funny cause I just said the ps4 version is $5.59 at my walmart in the walmart section. To bad I dont care for far cry these days or Ubisoft in general

I could never get into Far Cry. Much like Crysis it's one of those games where once you're spotted you get shot at from all angles by endless waves of enemies with god aim from 50 miles away.

I could never get into Far Cry. Much like Crysis it's one of those games where once you're spotted you get shot at from all angles by endless waves of enemies with god aim from 50 miles away.
IDK about that, my experience with far cry FC2/3/4 it was fun but like cod and AC etc its time to give those games a rest. Once you played one you played them all.

I played Far Cry Instincts: Predator on 360 and gave up.  Are all of the Far Cry stories connected that I should give Predator a second chance?

I started FC Primal a couple weeks ago. Different enough to play on and off, but getting pretty repetitive.

I always enjoyed using the bow in any of the Far Cry games, so Primal is kinda right up my alley. The saber tooth tiger is pretty badass. The story is a bit weak and I keep skipping cutscenes. Not sure if I’ll stick with it for the platinum though.

I always enjoyed using the bow in any of the Far Cry games, so Primal is kinda right up my alley. The saber tooth tiger is pretty badass. The story is a bit weak and I keep skipping cutscenes. Not sure if I’ll stick with it for the platinum though.
Agreed. Hated the story, loved the gameplay.

Outriders was a pretty fun game. It's been super cheap many times though. I'd have to think most people decided whether they were interested in this a while ago. I think I got it for $5 Walmart clearance

Was traveling the last few weeks so missed out on these deals. Probably could have ordered if I had known about them or checked ahead of time. Did games,like sack boy and Gotham for PS5 sell out instantly around 1am or were they in stock most of the day?

Yeah, they refresh at 12am cst, which I believe is 1am est. If you go to the deal page, there's even a little countdown to the refresh. After missing out on Gotham knights, I've been setting an alarm to check right after the refresh. Hasn't paid off yet.

It’s ALWAYS downhill after day one and this time around day1 was a recent Plus title.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Calisto is one of the ten games. Other than that… downhill.
I am beyond disappointed. Couldn’t even be Nioh collection for ps5? Ugh
Nintendo Switch owners have come to know a whole new level of disappointment with these particular promos from Best Buy. It doesn't even get a higher point to go downhill from. Having seen quite a few of these, if there's anything there for said platform it's typically something that no one much cares about. This time around no Switch game until day 7 and finally when one does appear it's the anathema and travesty that is Balan freaking Wonderworld. It would be nice to be pleasantly surprised with this for once but I won't be holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

It's not going to be a game that hasn't even gone below $50 before so not Redfall. Avengers is out too unless they want to do another PS4 version only title as Xbox is sold out and PS5 has been delisted.

They might as well trash those copies of Balan because no one is gonna buy them at any price.
In 25 years some youtuber will "discover" this hidden gem, say its a great game, everyone will agree with him just because thats what people do and these games will be worth hundreds of dollars and we will all feel stupid for not buying them at $10.

If Balan Wonderworld had been released on the Saturn it would have been considered one of the greatest games of that platform.  There is some good here, but it feels like a Saturn game that didn't get any of the QOL improvements that came to 3D platformers after the Saturn/PS1/N64 generation.  If you can pretend it's an old game... (which I can)... it's an ok experience that does manage some interesting things with all the different transformations.  Plus the hub world is like a basic chao garden.

WHOA. They need to lead with this information. Maybe I'll give it a shot at this price.
It's pretty interesting you collect all these little creatures in the game and feed them gem things you collect and over time the hub garden plateau place grows into a big playground type structure for the creatures to run around on. But again, as if this were developed during the Saturn days (so pre-Sonic Adventure).

I don't think many people that reviewed or talked about the game actually played it. Much like back in the day before the internet made ET for the 2600 a big meme... I actually played the hell out of that game and beat it many times. It was necessary to read the instructions to figure it out fully... which most people emulating would never see. Not saying ET was a good game, but it was a hell of a lot better than Superman 64. Holy hell was that broken.

Lol people getting their hopes up with forspoken. Expect an old sports game, jojo siwa worldwide tour, gollum or redfall (only if you’re feeling really lucky)

It's pretty interesting you collect all these little creatures in the game and feed them gem things you collect and over time the hub garden plateau place grows into a big playground type structure for the creatures to run around on. But again, as if this were developed during the Saturn days (so pre-Sonic Adventure).

I don't think many people that reviewed or talked about the game actually played it. Much like back in the day before the internet made ET for the 2600 a big meme... I actually played the hell out of that game and beat it many times. It was necessary to read the instructions to figure it out fully... which most people emulating would never see. Not saying ET was a good game, but it was a hell of a lot better than Superman 64. Holy hell was that broken.
For a second there I thought you meant Superman for the 2600. Because that game was pretty cool. Definitely better than 64.

bread's done
Back