Best Buy You guys suck! Preorder problems.

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Preordered Growlanser online for the 5$ off preorder thingy.

Game comes out. Is sold out. They give me a coupon which is nice and all but still.

Last Story for some reason is released today on the Best Buy Site also preordered for the 10$ off during e3. Out of Stock.

Whats the point of preordering a kinda hard to find game when it won't even be in stock THE DAY IT COMES OUT for the people who preorder.

I'm waiting on The Last Story as well. I thought preordering the game guaranteed me a copy....but I guess that didn't mean guaranteed to ship on "release day". I had to wait over a week for my preorder of Pokemon Conquest to ship out from BB. Might be the same deal here.

The Last Story is a bit of an odd one, as even though the release date was listed as August 14th, that was actually the date that Xseed began shipping the games out to retailers. This means that the central warehouses didn't actually receive stock until several days later. Still, I received a call that my copy was available at EB by Saturday of last week.

Both my local Best Buy and Future Shop claim to have product on the shelves today, so if they sent out store shipments before fulfilling pre-orders that is indeed frustrating (though not exactly unprecedented).

Same boat with Futureshop.

The game is out two days ago (well officially) but no news on my preorder. Was at a futureshop yesterday and saw the game... Didn't get it cause the case was getting bend by their antitheft device...

I swear the term preorder is completely useless nowadays... It'll be funny if my preorder didn't come with the preorder bonuses... and people who get it in store afterwards are the ones getting these bonuses. Backward situation.

I had the same situation with Growlanser, as soon as I saw them not shipping it I ordered a copy from eb games just to be safe... and my prediction was right, bestbuy canceled it and offered 5 dollars off any other game >_> I got to say pretty useless... 5 dollars comes nothing close to not being able to track the game down and having to preorder overprice copies off ebay.

ooh apparently they are shipping it. I just got the email today. yay.

5$ worked out okay for me when growlanser was cancelled cause I had like 25 on a GC and a 10$ off 30 or more. So ended up with a super cheap copy of theatyrhtym. Then bought growlanser digital edition for like 20 off someone on here for my vita.

[quote name='Derfel']
Both my local Best Buy and Future Shop claim to have product on the shelves today, so if they sent out store shipments before fulfilling pre-orders that is indeed frustrating (though not exactly unprecedented).[/QUOTE]

Sadly, Futureshop and Best Buy always fulfill store orders before pre-orders. Generally any game I have pre-ordered from them comes about 2-4 days late (aka after release). I know a lot of people hate eb but, 99% of the time they will have your game for you at launch.

Mine shipped! I hope I get the soundtrack, too. I already bought a copy with it from EB as a backup, but like others I preorderd TLS when BB had it for $10 off.

[quote name='Rastafari']Sadly, Futureshop and Best Buy always fulfill store orders before pre-orders. Generally any game I have pre-ordered from them comes about 2-4 days late (aka after release). I know a lot of people hate eb but, 99% of the time they will have your game for you at launch.[/QUOTE]

I've mostly had pleasant experience with Bestbuy unless it's a really niche title... generally at most one day late... not a complete no reply situation.

They charged me, but it is not shipped yet. It also says Release Date: 08/28/2012.

I already have a copy from EB so not a big deal, I can wait a bit (My Wii needs to be fixed anyways). I just wanted the $5 off.

From experience I know that BB shipping is slow, it doesn't usually arrive until a week later. I assume FS is the same since they are the same company.

Picking preorders up in store doesn't guarantee a smooth experience. I still remember the fiasco I had with Borderlands (1st) at FS. It was $40, so to be safe I preodered it days before launch and went to pick it up on launch day. I got there and they sold it to someone else by "accident". They obviously didn't forsee it being a big seller, so I wouldn't get my preorder copy for at least a week or two, once the next shipment came in. I bitched and complained there and they gave me a decent discount, but still...

[quote name='TronB']No CD for me. Anyone else have any luck?[/QUOTE]

I preordered the same day the CD bonus was announced, so end of July. Got my copy last Thursday and there was no CD so I just returned it. It sucks but I also learned an important lesson which is to never bother pre-ordering from Best Buy online. Between getting it almost a week later than I could have elsewhere and missing out on the pre-order "bonus" they really don't give much incentive to pre-order from them.

[quote name='wing00']I think the CD was an exclusive pre-order bonus from EB.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought too. The special artbook + packaging is the first print for EVERY retailer though.

No, Amazon was supposed to have the CD too at least. Although my copy hasn't arrived yet, so I can't confirm if they've actually come through.

Edit: Mine showed up. It has the CD wrapped into the plastic seal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a copy from EB for the soundtrack.

My FS order just shipped, will return the other one once that shows up, assuming it didn't get wrecked by Canada post..

Edit: Returned the FS copy to EB, no problem. Kept the soundtrack so I'm a happy camper :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm I wonder if I order now at eb games online (Or amazon... but eb is easier to return if it doesn't come with the cd) will I still get the soundtrack... I like the cover of the CD so might be worth the hassle

Every game I've ordered from Best Buy has shipped the Friday before release and I usually get it on the Monday... a full day before it hits stores. If you order an obscure game that only a handful of people are going to buy, you have to expect stock to be lower. Sucks, but that's the price you pay if you want a niche title.

[quote name='Lockescythe']if I preorder a niche title. I expect to get it.[/QUOTE]

Especially if they have the Niche title for order... if they can't get it, they shouldn't even have it up... wasting my time while I can go with more reliable places.

bread's done
Back