Best Buy's Terminator Movie Sale (including T2: Skynet Edition)

HCHecxz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
In the spirit of Terminator Salvation hitting theatres, I'm not sure how long the sale is going on, but Best Buy stores (verified at the Elizabethtown, KY store) and even online is doing a awesome deals on some select Terminator Movies and such, here's a list of what on sale!

BLU-RAY
The Terminator $12.99
Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Regular) $15.99
Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Skynet Edition $14.99
Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Skynet Collector's Edition $119.99
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines $16.99
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Season 1 $26.99

DVD
Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Extreme Edition $6.99
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Season 1 $19.99

So if you wanna catch up on your collections or just wanna catch up before seeing T4, this is worth a look!

(If anything the Skynet Edition Blu-Ray if you missed picking up last week is a must have if you own a Blu-Ray player, not much on the DVD front but Sarah Connor Chronicles is also a nice grab to check too)

odd - the regular edition of T2 is more expensive than the skynet edition?

what's the major differences between the 2 versions of T2?

T2: Skynet Edition just came out last week and it includes 3 different versions of T2 (Theatrical, 1993 Special Edition adding 15 minutes of deleted footage, and Ultimate Special Edition adding 2 more minutes of footage and a alternate ending to the Special Edition (if you insert the password 82997 *aka the original Judgment Day date* when selecting it in the menu) plus tons and tons of features including BD-Live.

The Regular edition only has the Theatrical Version and 2 Audio Commentary Tracks, however it's not much a deal at Best Buy when you can find this one at Wal-Mart in the store for $10.

My advice, avoid the Regular, get Skynet Edition!

PLUS: If you get T2: Skynet Edition at Best Buy, Packaged inside on select copies there is a $50 Gift Card for Sideshow Collectibles.com inside. Which you can use to pick up the high quality goods on your favorite movies, including Terminator products. Which is a plus, they have some amazing collectibles on there!

[quote name='HCHecxz']T2: Skynet Edition just came out last week and it includes 3 different versions of T2 (Theatrical, 1993 Special Edition adding 15 minutes of deleted footage, and Ultimate Special Edition adding 2 more minutes of footage and a alternate ending to the Special Edition (if you insert the password 82997 *aka the original Judgment Day date* when selecting it in the menu) plus tons and tons of features including BD-Live.

The Regular edition only has the Theatrical Version and 2 Audio Commentary Tracks, however it's not much a deal at Best Buy when you can find this one at Wal-Mart in the store for $10.

My advice, avoid the Regular, get Skynet Edition!

PLUS: If you get T2: Skynet Edition at Best Buy, Packaged inside on select copies there is a $50 Gift Card for Sideshow Collectibles.com inside. Which you can use to pick up the high quality good on your favorite movies, including Terminator products. Which is a plus, they have some amazing collectibles on there![/QUOTE]

I assume the T2 Skynet Edition for Blu Ray is this, Link. If so, I am totally in for one, $15 is a great price.

[quote name='thebob101']I assume the T2 Skynet Edition for Blu Ray is this, Link. If so, I am totally in for one, $15 is a great price.[/QUOTE]

You assumed right, that is the Skynet Edition!

[quote name='HCHecxz']My advice, avoid the Regular, get Skynet Edition![/QUOTE]I disagree. The Skynet Edition has been proven to have worsened video in comparison to the first Blu-ray. DVD Beaver has some comparison shots and so does Xylon from the AVS forums and the added DNR (Digital Noise Reduction) is obvious from even those low-res JPGs. As a whole, the picture is artifically smoother and thus removes film grain, which is intended to be seen. So I recommend the regular Blu-ray over the Skynet, if you value the look of the movie more than extra versions.

[quote name='chronomac']I disagree. The Skynet Edition has been proven to have worsened video in comparison to the first Blu-ray. DVD Beaver has some comparison shots and the added DNR (Digital Noise Reduction) is obvious from even those low-res JPGs. As a whole, the picture is artifically smoother and thus removes film grain, which is intended to be seen. So I recommend the regular Blu-ray over the Skynet, if you value the look of the movie more than extra versions.[/QUOTE]

I though the picture on the Regular was about the same as the DVD version. Personally I though Skynet's picture was much better. I know this because I own both (picked up the regular for $10 before I knew they was doing a new version months later). But i'll pay $4 more for a crap load of features and 2 more extended versions of the film which explains a lot more about T2 and gives it more depth.

Holy crap! Thankz! I knew that it would come down soon but not that soon! Nice sale! I'll probably stop by tomorrow or tuesday to pick up T2:SE at least if the sale is still going on... Yay! :whistle2:D

[quote name='chronomac']I disagree. The Skynet Edition has been proven to have worsened video in comparison to the first Blu-ray. DVD Beaver has some comparison shots and so does Xylon from the AVS forums and the added DNR (Digital Noise Reduction) is obvious from even those low-res JPGs. As a whole, the picture is artifically smoother and thus removes film grain, which is intended to be seen. So I recommend the regular Blu-ray over the Skynet, if you value the look of the movie more than extra versions.[/QUOTE]
i just compared both on my bravia and the difference quality wise is barely noticable, 90% of people viewing both won't even notice and skynet looks slightly better.. i suggest getting skynet simply because its a few bucks more and has more features

the guy who compared either has a shitty calibrated tv or needs glasses.

Picked mine up. Looks like the sale ends sometime in July... :) That's what the strip on the shelf said. They also have a lot more on sale that ends at the same time. No Hurry I guess....

[quote name='styl3s']the guy who compared either has a shitty calibrated tv or needs glasses.[/QUOTE]

lol. I'm not the biggest stickler when it comes to DNR and the like, but even I could tell that shit had been over processed.

[quote name='styl3s']i just compared both on my bravia and the difference quality wise is barely noticable, 90% of people viewing both won't even notice and skynet looks slightly better.. i suggest getting skynet simply because its a few bucks more and has more features

the guy who compared either has a shitty calibrated tv or needs glasses.[/QUOTE]
No the comparisons are used by direct captures from the disc, the only thing that would be different in the comparisons would be the monitor you use.

The Skynet version has less detail that the first lionsgate BD, but less encoding problems because it uses a next gen codec. But the difference is small, it's only $15 so it's good enough until Cameron can oversee a full restoration.

But for now the best versions are the Japanese BD and the German HD-DVD versions. Skynet might have the best audio though.

[quote name='guyver2077']nice deals.. should of waited on skynet insteaf of buying for 19.99 but o well[/QUOTE]

If you picked it up at Best Buy and you still got your receipt, you can go back and get your $5 back on price matching. That's what I did with my copy :)

wow thanks, going to go pick this up today at lunch. i already have the first release (bought it for 10$ months ago) and just picked up t3 on amazon for about 1$ less. i really was looking forward to the skynet edition because of the extended edition but didnt want to pay 20$ for it. looking at those screencaps honestly makes me think the skynet edition looks better. i cannot believe people here are actually arguing this.

[quote name='soccerstud652']When does it end?[/QUOTE]

I looked at the tag for the T2: Skynet Edition and it said the sale is through 7/4.

ok i bought the skynet edition when it was 20 bucks but i used a 5 dollar rewards coupon along with it to make it just 15. so would i be able to price match it for 15 still get 5 dollars back. also dont have the receipt anymore but they have it on the computer right ? since i used my rewards card.

[quote name='Magic24']ok i bought the skynet edition when it was 20 bucks but i used a 5 dollar rewards coupon along with it to make it just 15. so would i be able to price match it for 15 still get 5 dollars back. also dont have the receipt anymore but they have it on the computer right ? since i used my rewards card.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they should be able to look it up.

[quote name='Magic24']ok i bought the skynet edition when it was 20 bucks but i used a 5 dollar rewards coupon along with it to make it just 15. so would i be able to price match it for 15 still get 5 dollars back. also dont have the receipt anymore but they have it on the computer right ? since i used my rewards card.[/QUOTE]

They did it for me a few days ago, I had the same problem, but I used a $10 Reward Zone Certificate, had my receipt and they matched it. Heck you should be able to print out online on your Reward Zone page from your print and purchases section if your worried about it. But they can look it up on the computers.

I've got the T2: Judgement Day Extreme Edition & the T2: Judgement Day Ultimate Edition on regular DVD. Anything on the Skynet Blu-Ray edition not on either of these? I just can't bring myself to double dip on Blu-Ray for movies I already have on DVD.

[quote name='eastx']Got Terminator 1 for $10 and T2: Skynet Edition for $12 after using the Chex Mix $3 off coupons. Thanks OP!

Skynet Edition review:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2152/terminator2_skynet.html[/QUOTE]
Hmm, I don't know much about this chex mix coupon, but from what I see on the internet, it's on some chex bags in vending machines and they say best buy on the top of the bag. I'll have to look for some of these... I usually shoot for $10 for a BD, but $12 is not bad at all for the skynet T2...

edit: why did I search google when searching for chex right here in the forums brought it up right away? Out of curiousity, did you use the scan or a real bag coupon?

[quote name='mick16']I've got the T2: Judgement Day Extreme Edition & the T2: Judgement Day Ultimate Edition on regular DVD. Anything on the Skynet Blu-Ray edition not on either of these? I just can't bring myself to double dip on Blu-Ray for movies I already have on DVD.[/QUOTE]

yes. you get lossless audio and 1080p.

i picked this up having already had the ultimate edition and the first BD release.

Terminator 1 has great picture and sound quality as Postulio said, though it's lacking some of the extras from the last DVD special edition. Still has 2 featurettes and the deleted scenes though, which is good enough for me.

I use the scans of the Chex mix coupon provided by that CAG thread. I've never been turned down for it; awesome coupon.

Yes, T1 has a amazing pic and great sound for it's age on Blu-Ray, and like EastX said, it has some featurettes and has all the deleted scenes, though they ain't in HD *sigh*

Wish MGM would make a Special Edition version like T2 with all the deleted scenes put back into the film.

[quote name='HCHecxz']Wish MGM would make a Special Edition version like T2 with all the deleted scenes put back into the film.[/QUOTE]
The deleted scenes for T1 are even worse than the deleted scenes from T2. The Paul Winfield one would have ruined the signature scene, and the ones from T2 make the T1000 look vincible. Gimme the theatrical cuts all day.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']What?

Also: OP still needs to be updated with links.[/QUOTE]
There is a $3 off any DVD coupon that comes on select small bags of chex, but there is a scan on the forums that works well. Here is the thread.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']There is a $3 off any DVD coupon that comes on select small bags of chex, but there is a scan on the forums that works well. Here is the thread.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't know that it would scan for Blu-rays! You should post that in the :br: coupon thread. Did it require a manager override?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Wow, I didn't know that it would scan for Blu-rays! You should post that in the :br: coupon thread. Did it require a manager override?[/QUOTE]
Nope, just required a very cool cashier :D She was one of those, "Oh sweet deal your getting!" types. I love those. Never question it.

I was at my BB today and decided to look through the Blu-Rays for some reason and found a T2 Skynet Edition. I never no clue where it came from since I was there last week and it wasn't there.

[quote name='Chronis']I was at my BB today and decided to look through the Blu-Rays for some reason and found a T2 Skynet Edition. I never no clue where it came from since I was there last week and it wasn't there.[/QUOTE]

I just noticed that this sale is still valid online. I assume the instore prices are the same. T3 looks like it dropped to $14.99 for the BD.

[quote name='jacknicklson']I assume the in-store locator can't be trusted? Might just get it from Amazon as the trouble is not worth $3.50[/QUOTE]I've found that it can be trusted, with one caveat.

When it says it's not available for in-store pickup, there's 0 - 2 of them available in-store. When it's available for in-store pickup, there's 3+ of them available in-store. Best Buy puts the cutoff at 3 to make sure that they don't have issues with in-store pickup orders not being able to be fulfilled and get free shipping because an ops employee can't find the item, as 1-2 is usually within in the range of inventory glitches.

If it shows it's not available for in-store pickup, it doesn't mean the store is out of them, as there could be 1-2 of them available. You just can't do an in-store pickup order in that case, so you'd have to go to the store and check.

[quote name='shrike4242']I've found that it can be trusted, with one caveat.

When it says it's not available for in-store pickup, there's 0 - 2 of them available in-store. When it's available for in-store pickup, there's 3+ of them available in-store. Best Buy puts the cutoff at 3 to make sure that they don't have issues with in-store pickup orders not being able to be fulfilled and get free shipping because an ops employee can't find the item, as 1-2 is usually within in the range of inventory glitches.

If it shows it's not available for in-store pickup, it doesn't mean the store is out of them, as there could be 1-2 of them available. You just can't do an in-store pickup order in that case, so you'd have to go to the store and check.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='shrike4242']I've found that it can be trusted, with one caveat.

If it shows it's not available for in-store pickup, it doesn't mean the store is out of them, as there could be 1-2 of them available. You just can't do an in-store pickup order in that case, so you'd have to go to the store and check.[/QUOTE]
That's all correct; my store was said to have none but I knew better (or rather hoped), and they had 1 last T2:Skynet for me to grab.

bread's done
Back