Best Candy Maker

[quote name='Maklershed']Guess I'll go with Hershey since I was employed by them. :lol:[/quote]

im curious in all the time you worked there did you ever get tired of chocolate? the smell , taste or sight of it? also did you ever or know of anyone who stuck a part of them in a vat of chocolate? i know thats not very hygenic and all but man i couldnt resist.

Can beat the classic.

Hershey%20Bar.jpg

[quote name='lokizz']im curious in all the time you worked there did you ever get tired of chocolate? the smell , taste or sight of it? also did you ever or know of anyone who stuck a part of them in a vat of chocolate? i know thats not very hygenic and all but man i couldnt resist.[/quote]

I actually worked for the entertainment and resorts branch of the company but I worked in the town of Hershey and the smell of chocolate permeates everywhere. To this day I get nauseas when I drive through the town, but when I worked there I didnt mind. I got used to it after a day or two. And nope, dont know of anyone stuck in any machines. :lol:

EDIT: And before anyone asks, YES .. I did take the Hershey highway (rt 743) to get to work.

[quote name='karkyco']Not that it compares to Hershsey, but where is Nestle?[/quote]

I dont trust a company that makes chocolate AND dog food. :lol:

Tough call...

I hate Milk duds but love Almond joys (hershey)
I hate ...well I guess I don't hate anything on the Mars made list

Guess I'm going Mars, even though Hersheys is a close second

Random trivia fact: did you guys know Mars is family operated (privately owned)?

[quote name='Maklershed']I dont trust a company that makes chocolate AND dog food. :lol:[/quote]

Mars makes Pedigree dog food...:roll:

[quote name='Maklershed']I dont trust a company that makes chocolate AND dog food. :lol:[/quote]

Mars makes Pedigree dog food...:roll:

I actually like candy from all 3, but I gotta say that Hershey's chocolate is the best.

I pass by the Ferrara Pan factory everyday on the way to work, but they don't offer public tours. I love Lemon Heads and Boston Baked Beans.

My family went to "Chocolate Fest" a couple weeks ago, and got some awesome free samples from Chicago candy companies. Learned some interesting facts about Chicago, the candy (not necessarily chocolate) capital of the world.

Hersheys Chocolate may as well be made in china, it burns so bad on the aftertaste you'd think it was loaded with leftover chemicals from a chrome-plating shop :p Same with Reeses....candy isn't supposed to burn from cheap HFC running down your throat :p

Now....the Whatchamacallit was the greatest candy ever made...and, I have no idea if they still make them or not, but if they still do...they're probably half the size of the ones I chowed on in the 80's.

And straight up, the worst candy ever made was the Reggie bar :p

It tasted like it came off part of a sweaty athlete's body.
321821849_86ffa6a460.jpg

Caption should be: "My Candy Sucks"

[quote name='HeadRusch']Hersheys Chocolate may as well be made in china, it burns so bad on the aftertaste you'd think it was loaded with leftover chemicals from a chrome-plating shop :p Same with Reeses....candy isn't supposed to burn from cheap HFC running down your throat :p[/quote]

What the fuck are you talking about?

[quote name='Maklershed']What the fuck are you talking about?[/quote]

Yea, I don't get a burning sensation from eating chocolate...

[quote name='Maklershed']What the fuck are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

Hersheys chocolate is gritty and harsh.....when I eat it, it actually leaves like a slight burning sensation in my throat, like I just ate some food with an unreadable chinese label from the dollar store.

Now if I eat, say, a Dove bar...or something like a Lindt truffle.....its nothing but creamy goodness.

Get out of the trailer parks, you bastards, and eat some good chocolate.

Godiva & Ghiradelli if you're talking real chocolate.

And there was this little Mom & Pop candy store in Manchester, NH that reminds me of a dollhouse for some reason... I don't recall if it was the outward appearance or inside, or maybe it was near to a dollshop. They made swiss fudge that I've never been able to find elsewhere.

[quote name='guinaevere']Godiva & Ghiradelli if you're talking real chocolate.

And there was this little Mom & Pop candy store in Manchester, NH that reminds me of a dollhouse for some reason... I don't recall if it was the outward appearance or inside, or maybe it was near to a dollshop. They made swiss fudge that I've never been able to find elsewhere.[/quote]

Oh lord, yes! Ghirardelli caramel chocolate squares completely rock my world.

My all time favorite Ghiradelli would actually be the berries over vanilla ice cream sundae I had at one of their shops. Oh, it was so good.

But this is candies, not ice cream. Lately I've been treating myself to one 60% cacao dark chocolate Ghiradelli square before sleepies if I've been a good girl all day. Yummers.

[quote name='shieryda']Chocolate, toffee and almonds oh my![/quote]Oh, that reminds me of when I was in elementary school, I had a teacher who would give me Heath Bars (I think that's the name). Those were good! If I remember right, it was basically just hard toffee and a milk chocolate covering.

Of those 3 choices, Mars. Otherwise I am going to say Choxie. It's only sold at Target and is very expensive so I only buy it when it goes on clearance (or when they had a printable coupon for free $2 bars last year). It is so much better compared to any "regular" candy. I got some Belgian truffles last week for $1 ($10 box) and it tastes just like the chocolate cake from the Cheesecake Factory.

[quote name='Maklershed']I actually worked for the entertainment and resorts branch of the company but I worked in the town of Hershey and the smell of chocolate permeates everywhere. To this day I get nauseas when I drive through the town, but when I worked there I didnt mind. I got used to it after a day or two. And nope, dont know of anyone stuck in any machines. :lol:
[/QUOTE]

Everyone says in Hersheypark you can smell the chocolate, but as many times as I have been there, I have never smelled it, even near Sooperdooperlooper and Great Bear where everyone claims it is strongest.

I love dove chocolate, you don't even have to chew that stuff is so soft. Just wish it wasn't so expensive compared to the other stuff.

[quote name='sketch226']Tropical nerds on a rope.[/quote]

Didn't want to bring those up. I'm trying to kick that habit. So so good AND they're 3/$1 at the 99cents store.

All that shit listed is garbage. There's a fuckin' Lindt store in just about every mall I've ever been to so you douche bags that like to eat that gas station bullshit chocolate should stop in and buy yourself something a little higher on the chart.

[quote name='lokizz']id go with hershey too since the only candy i like is chocolate. but when i was a kid id say wonka.[/quote]

Your do realize that Mars makes chocolate right?

Nestle chocolate tastes like dog food.

Valronha makes the best chocolate. The cocoa and the orange flavors are to die for.

Lindt chocolate isn't that good, how can you tell? THERE IS A LINDT STORE IN EVERY MALL! It's like saying "I bought my clothes at Walmart, there is a Walmart in every town so their clothing must be good". The Lindt Bars are ok, and the mint chocolate one is pretty smoothe and yummy, but they make a lot of crap too, and their prices are insanely high for what you get.

However I like Hershey because they make York Peppermint Patties, and Cadbury Mini Eggs. No one seems to notice that Hershey bought the rights to use the Cadbury name. Plain Hershey chocolate tastes like shit, but their Cadbury chocolate doesn't. However the real UK Cadbury Mini Eggs taste like shit, but their plain chocolate is good.

You gotta start some where. You can't be gettin' people to import shit on their frst rung of the ladder. Gradual progression. It's a marathon not a sprint.

bread's done
Back