Best case and screen protector?

goober

CAG Veteran
Hi guys, I just ordered a ds lite and was wondering what the best quality cases and screen protectors are? Also do screen protectors prevent scratches when the touch screen is in use? I've heard some don't really help any, hoping there are some better ones. I'd also like the case to have easy access to all buttons as well. Thanks.

I've always used the Hori screen protector for my DSL and have had good luck with it. I found mine at Target for around $10.

I recently picked up a Logitech DSL case at Gamestop. It looked brand new, but had a used sticker on it. It was $5.99 and I've really liked how it adds a little bit of bulk to the handheld, and there are these grooves in the bottom of the case where you can hold it while playing the DSL.

All buttons, slots, and stylus area are not covered up, and the top of the case flips back to give you a stand to prop your DSL up with.

I don't use screen protectors, but a lot of people recommend the Hori ones, so I'd go with that.

Cases I know a little about. I really like the Nerf ones, believe it or not. Easy button access, and you can drop it anywhere and it's safe. Only problem I have with it is you can't get them without the candy colors. If you're willing to overlook that, they're worth it.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']I don't use screen protectors, but a lot of people recommend the Hori ones, so I'd go with that.

Cases I know a little about. I really like the Nerf ones, believe it or not. Easy button access, and you can drop it anywhere and it's safe. Only problem I have with it is you can't get them without the candy colors. If you're willing to overlook that, they're worth it.[/QUOTE]

They actually made a black DS Lite Nerf Armor (also sold at Target). My only problem with the Nerf Armor is that it makes the DS Lite feel really bulky but it does offer the best protection available.

I've always used the Hori screen protectors and haven't had any problems (not even on my 6 year-old's DS Lite). I'm going to use those screen protectors and the Hori clear case protector for my DSi.

Hori screen protectors really seem to have gone downhill lately. The touch-screen protector on my DSi became quite scratched up after only 1 or 2 months of use. I'm going to try the BestSkinsEver one and see how it works out.

I'm still using the same Hori screen protector I put on my DS Lite when I got it (day one). It's still in perfect shape... I thought about getting it replaced after I had it on for 2 years because it was smeared and scratched but I wiped it with a cloth damped in rubbing alcohol and it removed all flaws and the screen protector looked brand new again.

bread's done
Back