Best Case for the DS

simplygriff

CAGiversary!
I'm looking for a case to carry my ds in. Something small that will hold a couple extra games. I've seen the Mad catz and that's a no but I'm wondering if you guys like a specific case.
-G

I got the official one for Christmas and it seems to be pretty good. A bit bigger than I was expecting, but it holds 12 games or so, has a space for the battery charger, and has the DS stored in the middle so it is very protected. Since I only plan on using it to move my DS from one semi-permanent location to another, it works for me.

I've been useing my old GBA bag.

04841340345.jpg

I got one at Target for $10. There is another there for $18 but it was too big for me. It seems to work well so far. There is room for 8 games, a couple GB(A) games, and the AC Adapter if you need it. It's licensed by Nintendo and says Nintendo DS on the cover.

[quote name='Tromack']I got the official one for Christmas and it seems to be pretty good. A bit bigger than I was expecting, but it holds 12 games or so, has a space for the battery charger, and has the DS stored in the middle so it is very protected. Since I only plan on using it to move my DS from one semi-permanent location to another, it works for me.[/quote]

which one is the offical one? I don't think I've seen it in stores before.

[quote name='simplygriff']http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/246409.asp

Is that the official one you speak of? I think that's the one to get from what I've seen so far.
-G[/quote]

That is the one I have and I love it. I got the all black case and it looks pretty slick!! it is small and pretty easy to carry. the main problem I see is where to put it if you stop to play at the bus stop or somehwere.

Both ALS models come in dark gray, black, red, and indigo. I actually had a pretty hard time finding them, and was unable to find both in one place. Many places were sold out. Almost as hard as finding a DS before Xmas! Couldn't decide between the two ALS models in the store so I bought both to try out (gray for both). Took 'em home and put the stuff in them I would normally be carrying.

The bigger one (NDS15) is, well...big; more along the lines of a carry-all. It holds nine DS cards in plastic pockets, but I didn't like how fiddly it was getting them in and out. Various net pockets secured with zippers or elastic can hold GBA carts and other stuff. Both a shoulder strap (WARNING: You should be very secure in both your sexuality and your reputation before employing this) and a smaller hand strap are included in a pocket on the top. The way the DS unit slides into a semi-hidden pocket on the side was kind of cool, if impractical (and it was a tight fit, making it hard to shove the strap in there with it). Plus, there's that whole man bag factor.

The NDS14 is obviously smaller (about half the size), but it still has space for eight DS cards via a somewhat ingenious strip of elastic stitched into eight pockets. Another section behind that can hold a stack of GBA carts and the AC charger, maybe a small pair of headphones. The DS unit is held very securely on the facing side with an elastic strap. Padding is sparse, but some hard panels seem to provide good protection. The main drawback to this case is the handle, which tends to make the whole affair look like a little girl's purse or makeup bag. But it's forgivable. The deciding factor was my wife saying, "I may carry that for you in my purse. If you pick the bigger one, you're on your own." So the NDS15 goes back to the store. ;)

[quote name='simplygriff']Nice review Tybee. I actually ended up getting a pair of NDS 14's one for my wife and one for me.
-G[/quote]

Yeah. It's not a slam dunk like some of the SP cases I fell in love with, but after a day or two with it, I'm more or less content with it. Maybe they'll come out with something better down the road.

How handy are these things? I never had a case for my SP but it traveled with me fine. I figured with the DS game cases it would be easier. I'm considering the NDS14, especially after Tybee's review.

[quote name='CapAmerica']I've been useing my old GBA bag.

04841340345.jpg
[/quote]

Me too. I use the front pocket (with the velcro) to hold the DS, and inside the zippered pocket I store my SP along with 5 GBA games and the AC adaptor. There's no good spot to store the DS cards, though, so I just keep the games in their original boxes.

[quote name='CouRageouS']How handy are these things? I never had a case for my SP but it traveled with me fine. I figured with the DS game cases it would be easier. I'm considering the NDS14, especially after Tybee's review.[/quote]

Depends on how anal retentive you are, I guess. ;) Some people just worry about their screen getting scratched up. I'm just as worried (if not more, because screen covers can be replaced) about the outside of the unit getting damaged. So cases like these provide good protection. Plus, the DS cards have the most exposed contacts of any cartridge/card yet, and should be properly stored. You can't just throw them in a bag or your pocket, as you pretty much can with GBA carts.

Cases like this also play into the "everything in its place" nesting instinct. ;)

i have the intec hard case and i like it alot,but the downside is it only holds 2 to 4 ds games,theres a gba game slot but if you put one in it doesent close right.So i put other ds games in its place

bread's done
Back