Best cell phone company?

Collectordragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Which cell phone company have you had the best experience with or heard the best things about? I'm getting my first cell phone soon and I'd like an idea of what companies I should look at for the best service.

Verizon, for coverage(your area may be different). Cingular for rates, fee structure.

They're all tools, though.

Cingular sucks, I work for them. You ever need a warranty exchange on your phone? Good luck. And don't buy any of the cheap phones. Or anything by Motorola. Or the LG C1300.

Verizon beats the crap out of cingular but they're more expensive.

I live in a small rural town in California between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe. I do like to travel quite a bit so I'd like the service to work where ever I go in the country.

I would have to say verizon. I have been with them almost 2 years and they rock. My mom has cingular - SUCKS - in the same house she wont get a signal but I'll be blazin with full bars. My buddy has T-mobile - weak - and another friend of mine has nextel - really blows chunks - I have a bunch of friends who left cingular to come to verizon. Verizon is the more expensive carrier, but if you have a bunch of friends that have verizon, then the IN network kicks ass. You can call them anytime and its all part of your plan and doesnt take up your minutes. It's cool being able to take to my friends on verizon during the middle of the day and it's not wasting minutes.

[quote name='dazocan'] Verizon is the more expensive carrier, but if you have a bunch of friends that have verizon, then the IN network kicks ass. You can call them anytime and its all part of your plan and doesnt take up your minutes. It's cool being able to take to my friends on verizon during the middle of the day and it's not wasting minutes.[/QUOTE]

I have Cingular & also have free mobile to mobile minutes. Cingular isn't too bad. Been with them for about a year and a half. Good rates. Nice plans.

I've noticed, it seems to depend on the actual phone itself as to how good the reception you receive is.

Tmobile = Good customer support and pricing plans...there reception is not that good.

Cingular = Great reception and good pricing plans...bad customer service.

Thats been my experience.

Cingular for the Phones and Big Network. And rates also Minutes Rollover
Verizon locks down their Phones ie Blutooth will not work with Computer

Cingular isnt all that bad for me, tmobile was bettter though, verizon, i agree is great, but the PRICES!! wow... stay away from sprint and nextel...nextel phones were only good for me for the chirp, but besides that...it was horrible...if u want a nextelesque fone, just get a fone with speaker fone...not much difference.

The problem with asking for best cell phone companies is you are only going to get opinions and no facts. So the best thing to do is look at coverage areas and ask family and friends. No offense to anyone here. But you may get good coverage where you are at but coverage varies. Coverage varies so much for example at my work I get one bar of service and at home I get full coverage. I work about 2 miles away from my home. So see how much 2 miles can make a difference. Another example where I live nextel does not get the best coverage but in other places they are the best service better then verizon, cingular etc.

[quote name='Graystone']The problem with asking for best cell phone companies is you are only going to get opinions and no facts. So the best thing to do is look at coverage areas and ask family and friends. No offense to anyone here. But you may get good coverage where you are at but coverage varies. Coverage varies so much for example at my work I get one bar of service and at home I get full coverage. I work about 2 miles away from my home. So see how much 2 miles can make a difference. Another example where I live nextel does not get the best coverage but in other places they are the best service better then verizon, cingular etc.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. On a road near my home there is an area where when you drive through it, the call drops. You would go a 1/4 of a mile down the road and it would work perfect. Just depends.

I had AT&T Wireless for about 2 years before they became Cingular. The coverage and the monthly fee is good. But the reception is not so good. Sometimes I would get cut off in the middle of a phone conversation.

[quote name='disappearer71']Cingular sucks, I work for them. You ever need a warranty exchange on your phone? Good luck. And don't buy any of the cheap phones. Or anything by Motorola. Or the LG C1300.

Verizon beats the crap out of cingular but they're more expensive.[/QUOTE]
Well at least they chose the right name of Cingular as that's how many 'bars' on on my phone half the time. :roll:

We got the Verizon Family plan thing, with three free phones through best Buy. They're damn fine phones so far, but I can't speak of expenses. I only lose service in certain rooms at school, but otherwise it's great.

Also, risking a thread hijack- Where do you guys reccomend getting gaming-based Ringtones, specifically through Verizon's GetItNow service? I have Pac-Man's Corner, but the only tone I like from there is the Galaga theme. I'm looking for something obscure along the lines of the Legend of Zelda or Hyrule Castle themes.

bread's done
Back