Best Cell phone plan?

carpwrist

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
I'm going to be moving out of my apartment soon where i was only spending $15/month with Vonage. I wasn't very happy with the service overall, so i'm considering switching to a cell phone.

I'd like feedback from the CAGs on the best (as in cheapest) cell phone plans out there.
I'm throwing in a poll for sh*ts & g*ggles.

T-Mobile has the best value, hands down. Other companies are usually $10-20 more for a comparable amount of minutes, and usually $5 more for SMS.

[quote name='st964p62'][email protected] is. =)

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/SPRINT_SERO

I managed to get Sprint to convert my existing plan. Cut my bill in half and now have additional minutes and txt msgs to boot.[/quote]

Awesome, my service with ATT just ended today and I've been looking for a cheap but good plan and this is perfect.

Edit: Anyone have any recommendation on phones from sprint. I went to their site and like the Rumor and Samsung M520 so far.

[quote name='kube00']Verizion is the priciest but has the best service[/quote]

This is true.

Also, if you are just looking for a phone, but aren't completely tied to a cell phone, then consider Viatalk. They often run a special that cost $200 and give you 2 years of service. In fact they are running it now. It ends up costing around $230 total, but it works out to about $9 / month.

Broadband internet access is required, however. But it's unlimited calling with free long distance.

METRO PCS -

The first company to establish the now universally copied idea of unlimited calling.

I have unlimited local and long distance (USA)
Unlimited Text Messages
Unlimited E-mail
Unlimited Picture Messages
Unlimited Internet Time

All for around $53.xx per month incl/ tax

[quote name='redgopher']T-Mobile has the best value, hands down. Other companies are usually $10-20 more for a comparable amount of minutes, and usually $5 more for SMS.[/quote]

QFT!

I have AT&T. I enjoy it. I do have some issues in Tempe at the Buttes resort but i think thats because of the fact that the damn thing is in the side of a mountain.

T-Mobile FTL!!!!!!!!!!

Their coverage in Denver is terrible.

AT&T Go Phone....pay as you go, no monthly fee.....if you are a big talker, then maybe its not for you...but it works for me.

I spend about $100 a year on cell phone...$1 a day when you use the phone (only when you use it) and .10 cents a minute.

Obviously I dont use my phone like a 19 year old blonde chick does.....

I use T-Mobile's pre paid service. It isnt bad if you don't use your phone a lot. I get the 100 dollar card that gives me 1000 minutes and I don't have to get another one for a year. If I use up all of the 1000 minutes then what ever I buy next I get 10 or 15 percent more minutes not including another 1000 minute card. The only bad thing is I don't like the phones they offer for the to go/prepaid plans. If you go prepaid see if you can get a different phone then what they offer for the prepaid service, or see if at a later time you can just change out the sim card for a phone that is not prepaid.

Also with t-mobile it was hell for me to get my number changed to their service. I was about 2 or 3 weeks trying to get them to change it. I would call and be told they put in a request for it to change and it should be changed in one to 2 days. After one to 2 days it would not change so on the third day I would call back and be told they could not change it only to call back later and be told it would be changed in one to 2 days. I ended up giving up on it and told everyone my new number. A week later out of no where I get a text from them saying it was changed and then had to call everyone and tell them it changed back.

If you dont talk alot, T-Mobile to go seems like the best plan. They can throw in their sim card into your phone, so you dont have to get one of theirs (service is free as long as you buy a $25 or higher minute card). $100 gets you a year of service and 1,000 minutes.

My contract with Cingular ends in a week, so im going to unlock my Razr and have T-mobile set it up for the to go service.

[quote name='mofo1115']www.sprint.com/sero[/quote]

QFT.

I get 1200 anytime, unlimited nights starting at 7, unlimited weekends, unlimited text and unlimited data (internet). $58 a month after tax and fees. Grabbed a Palm Treo 700wx for $100 after rebates, with another $50 off instantly (coupon code).

If you don't talk that much, you can spring for 500 anytime minutes with everything else and it's only $35 a month after tax and fees.

[quote name='hardwo0d']METRO PCS -

The first company to establish the now universally copied idea of unlimited calling.

I have unlimited local and long distance (USA)
Unlimited Text Messages
Unlimited E-mail
Unlimited Picture Messages
Unlimited Internet Time

All for around $53.xx per month incl/ tax[/quote]

How's your coverage? Metro PCS sucks in the bay area, good price but worst coverage from what I have been hearing

I use Virgin. Phone costs $18, I pay $20 every 3 months. $80 per year.
Although since I hardly ever use the phone, this deal was the best for me.
I usually never use all the minutes I have and they tend to accumulate alot.

It really depends. I chose AT&T for the decent phone selection and good family plan. If you're just alone, then Verizon is pretty good too. T-Mobile drags my signal down to 1-2 bars in my area. Don't recommend them at all.

tried to change my plan SERO, and got rejected, they no longer accept that Email, is their a different Email I can use that works?

bread's done
Back