Best Cold Medicine?

jeffreyjrose

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Well, I managed to go all winter without a cold, and now when it's finally getting warm outside, I get a cold.

What do CAGs take for colds?

I usually take Aleve Cold & Sinus, but since IGA had a limited selection, I settled for Contac.

DayQuil/NightQuil every thing else is just trying to be cold medicine.

Make sure you eat something before you take zinc, zinc on an empty stomach will make you hurl.

[quote name='JimmieMac']DayQuil/NightQuil every thing else is just trying to be cold medicine.[/quote]

Definitely.

Zicam nasal spray also works wonders, but you need to catch the cold immediately.

A shotgun to the head is a good way to kill a cold

I'm just kidding. Please....Don't go to Walmart and buy a shotgun....

[quote name='Xevious']A shotgun to the head is a good way to kill a cold

I'm just kidding. Please....Don't go to Walmart and buy a shotgun....
[/QUOTE]

You're only encouraging him. I suggest getting drunk and watching a bad movie, followed by Xevious suggestion.

Anything with pseudoephedrine aka Sudafed. My sinuses suck ass a couple times a year, and this stuff is basically pre-meth. You need to ask for it at the prescription counter here in Illinois for that very fact. It's the only thing that fixes me. The rest just zombify me and dry my out.

Promethazine w Codeine anyone? Yeah its mostly for coughs, but when mixed with Sprite and a jolly rancher it become the world famous Purple Drank! Hookz!

I like Advil Cold & Sinus. after I have already gotten a cold.

As for cough medicine, I don't like NyQuil. It worked really really well for me 2-3 times, but then I just because immune to it and it became ineffective.

Zinc really helps for a cold, but it exits your system really quickly. So taking a shitload in the morning will not do as much as taking a small amount 2-3 times throughout the day. Also, as JimmieMac said, you will get a terrible stomach ache if you do not take Zinc with food.

Zinc helps prevent colds really well too if you take it at the first signs of a cold.

Vitamin C is good too.

for an upset stomach i drink sprite or 7up and eat saltines.

to clear the phlegm in my throat i use alkaseltzer cold and flu

to clear my sinuses i eat spicy food like gen tsos chicken, hot spicy soup, or a drown food in hotsauce all those things work wonders.

Contac appears to be fairing well with me today... besides being slightly drowsy, my nose isn't running, and I'm not sneezing.

I noticed that a great deal of the meds had "New Formula" or "Does Not Contain Pseudophedrine" written on them.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I think I may give Cold-Eeze a try next time I get a cold.

bread's done
Back