Best course of action to take with a bootleg DVD set?

facemeat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I recently bought a Season 1 set of Star Trek: Voyager off eBay for what I believed to be a fairly good deal. It came in a glossy cardboard box, but looked pretty legit. I opened it up and the DVD's were all out of order, with no episode list to be found in the box. Odd, but still nothing alarming as it was never claimed to be new. I decided to check out a review for the set, and found out that the case was supposed to be plastic. At this point I suspected a bootleg. Reading this (http://www.squid.org/uncategorized/524/my-new-star-trek-voyager-s1-7-dvd-set-is-a-faaake.html) cinched it. I sent the seller a message but don't really know where to go from here. Any advice?

Well, I got a response saying that if I had problems that I should return it for a refund. However, he's already sold several bootleg Voyager seasons, so I suspect that he'll probably relist this and dupe someone else if I do return it. There's also no guarantee I'll even get the money back if I return it. So, where should I go from here?

Chargeback with PayPal immediately. Then do the refund through them sending them copies of all receipts and pictures of teh items and links to those articles and stuff.

[quote name='FeNoM91']Chargeback with PayPal immediately. Then do the refund through them sending them copies of all receipts and pictures of teh items and links to those articles and stuff.[/QUOTE]
I am definitely considering doing this. However, I'd only recoup about 2/3 of what I paid for it, as about $6 of the payment was made with money I received from a refund for a broken product. On the other hand, if I return it, he expects me to pay for shipping back which is just ludicrous considering this situation.
I'm not really sure what to do at this point. :wall:

Sorry to post yet again, but i really need some help with this situation. It's now come to my attention that returning this set would be illegal. So now I'm pretty much stuck. Any help would be much appreciated.

[quote name='facemeat']Sorry to post yet again, but i really need some help with this situation. It's now come to my attention that returning this set would be illegal. So now I'm pretty much stuck. Any help would be much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

1. Chargeback, first through Paypal, and then your CC if you don't care about losing your Paypal account

2. Report the idiot to the rights holder - follow the procedure here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/vero-rights-owner.html

The rights holder will then request eBay to pull his listings and provide proof he has the originals.

Well, I let him know that returning these to him would be illegal and he refunded me the full amount less shipping. I'm glad I got this resolved without having to do a chargeback but thanks anyway for the help guys! :)

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Just a question.. Why would returning them be illegal?[/QUOTE]
http://groups.ebay.com/topic/Anti-B...ionsquestions/Counterfeit-Cds-Need/1600846439

Here's the important part:
The seller then told me to return them to him for a full refund. I then explained to him that sending or returning these items was a Felony. I had talked with the "IRAA" , "Interpol" , my local Police department and the Post master general which all told me that to return them in the mail, I was guilt of a crime.

bread's done
Back