best DDR game?

Nathan_Sama

CAGiversary!
Im making DDR a part of my exercise plan, so I can lose weight.
but, the problem is is that I want a DDR with alot of good J-pop/rock songs.
I can find track lists but I dont know what many of the songs sound like and its hard to find the actual music unless people like it and post it somewhere.
I have Supernova 1&2 and Konamix.
which other versions should i get that have Japanese songs on them?

I imported the entire Japanese DDR set and I have to say the Japanese ones definitely have the best songs...but if you are dealing only with a US PS2/PS3 then the ones you haven't aren't a bad place to start. I'm personally a big fan of Konamix.

I also am using DDR to work out and it works rather well. I use it in conjunction with Wii Fit. Great combination if you ask me :) Best of luck!

I like DDR Max 2 the best. Supernova is good also.

DDR helped me lose like 20 pounds in the summer. I've gotten lazy and gained like 15 back though. >_

I like DDR Extreme. Also, my cousin used to use DDR to exercise too. Well, if you set the right options, it'll tell you how many calories you burn after each song. Well, eventually, she was just playing to burn calories, and not actually following the arrows, so she would rapidly stomp on all the arrows seeing how many calories she could burn in a song. Eventually, she ended up breaking both her DDR mats and mine.

DDRMAX2 is probably the best of the US releases (although I haven't picked up DDR X yet, which is getting high marks from DDR fans, and it's also cheap at $30.) DDRMAX2 has great music and great charts. I would definitely consider picking up DDRMAX2 next. You can pick up new copies as it was re-released as a greatest hits title for $20, I believe, so even better.

Edit: oh, and my advice is to not think too much about DDR as exercise. Just play the game and let it be exercise of its own accord, which it is. If you think of it primarily as exercise, eventually it won't be fun any more and you'll stop playing, at least that was my experience. I even recommend *against* using the workout mode because it isn't as fun as the main game, primarily because it doesn't give you a score. You don't have the incentive that comes from wanting to beat your best scores. If, instead, you think of it primarily as a game, and go for high scores, improving your technique and skill level, you will have a lot more fun, play longer and get good exercise doing it. Oh, and never, ever sprain your ankle (I did, but not from DDR!) If you're going to hurt your ankle, go the whole 9 yards and break it. A break actually heals much faster. I still haven't fully recovered, but I have started playing again, and it feels great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say DDR MAX is probably the best. It's not like all the new ones that are compiled of mainly american songs now. DDR MAX is compiled of all the goodness of the older DDRs.

bread's done
Back