Best Deal for an LCD/Plasma 50 inch or higher?

SOLDIER

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
My parents have been renovating the kitchen and living room, and they want to get a new flatscreen TV to mount on the living room wall. I've been tutoring them on the kind of things they should want on a good TV.

1. 50 inches or higher.

2. Goes up to 1080p

3. At least 2 HDMI ports.

4. LCD preferably, as Plasmas still have the burn in issue (not sure on this entirely, need confirmation)

There was a Samsung '47 LCD that had all the above (except no. 1) for sale at $980 at Brandsmart USA. It was a closeout sale and my Dad almost went for it, but he still wants to shop around.

So if you could recommend any good deals meeting the above criteria, I'd appreciate the info. Just keep in mind that they aren't likely to spend above $1200.

Sears is always having a sale + 10% if you have a Sears card. They have had some amazing deals. I also like Sams club because they still have the best TV warranty.

As for no plasma - I game on Panasonic plasmas (last year, 700U model) and can not be happier. These are perhaps the first electronics purchase that I have zero regrets. You can find leftover 700u 50" for $13xx, which is a killer deal IMO. I have had no burn-in issues at all. This was one of the highest rated sets besides the Kuro. Read some reviews, hit avsforum for more info.

Cheers,

Nog

secondact.com might be beneficial to you, especially if you don't mind refurbs. If I recall they sometimes have good deals on new TVs too.

bread's done
Back