Best Deal For Battlestar Galactica?

[quote name='reibeatall']Season 1 contains the mini-series, so no need for that extra purchase.[/quote]

Good to know...thanks!

[quote name='reibeatall']How do you get that Best Buy deal to work?[/quote]

It's probably expired. That link is about 9 days old.

It's still on their website. Stupid Best Buy not taking down their stuff.

Ohh well, at this point, I'd gladly pay full price to support this amazing series.

[quote name='bmachine']OK, I can no longer resist the peer pressure...I'd like grab some BSG on DVD during the Deep Discount sale.

I see that there's a mini-series and a Season One...which one should I see first?[/QUOTE]
I picked it up at DDD sale also.
S1= $35.14
S2+2.5 combo= $41.51
I see that the miniseries is on the S1 dvd; but does it help with understanding the show if I watch the miniseries first & then start the series or does it matter? I've not seen BSG at all before, miniseries or series.

I see that the miniseries is on the S1 dvd; but does it help with understanding the show if I watch the miniseries first & then start the series or does it matter? I've not seen BSG at all before, miniseries or series.

The show is highly serialized, so it's recommended to watch it in order from beginning to end. The series starts with the miniseries so I would begin there.

Wow. Went and looked today and of course prices are MUCH higher. Have heard NOTHING but good things about this show so I'm interested... but I spent WAY more than I intended during the Deep Discount DVD sale, so it's probably best I wait until I finish a few of my other purchases anyway. ;)

Tried getting Seasons 1, 2, & 2.5 through the MTV site today. But Pay Pal issues meant I couldn't ship to work and I guess they may be cancelling orders now. Guess I wait a little longer...

[quote name='hero101']I got my battlestar collection (1.0+ 2.0+2.5) @ frys for $17.99 each + shipping. I guess that was the best deal.[/QUOTE]Me too. I am loving the series so far.

I got all three of them off of ebay for $25 apiece. There's ebay dealers who resell DVD's for cheap for some reason.

I usually shop on ebay for TV dvd's for some really good deals.

Dukes of Hazzard seasons are $8 or less for example.

Fry's had them recently for 16.99 a season and I snatched them up. If you have a Fry's near you that would be the place to look as they usually repeat sales often, especially on DVD's.

Not a DVD deal... but...

The Battlestar Galactica movie, Razor, premieres on Sci-Fi on November 24th, but fans will be able to see it 12 days early, at least in some specially-selected cities, where they will be able to attend a special screening at a theater. Beginning Friday, fans will be able to go and register at www.battlestarevent.com to be able to see the movie in the following cities:
Los Angeles, New York/New Jersey, San Francisco, Dallas, Boston, Philadelphia, Seattle, and Chicago.
The hell with you, Des Moines! Straight. To. Hell.
Admission is free, but those who want to see “Razor” at a movie theater again, you must first register at the site www.battlestarevent.com. The site will not go live until Friday. Repeat: The site will not go live until Friday. Seat registrations will be given away first-come, first-serve.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2007/10/coming-to-a-mov.html
sello.jpg

[quote name='vtcheapgamer']Don't want to thread crap, but since BSG is still in production, PLEASE buy the DVD no matter what the price. Just like Family Guy, strong DVD sales will result in a longer life for this amazing show. BSG is currently scheduled to end next season but with strong DVD sales, you never know what might happen.......[/quote]
While I do support shows by buying there DVD's the creator/producer of BSG has stated that the third season with be the final season of the show. He wrote the show to be a trilogy and wants to keep with that.

Actually the show is going to be four seasons, not three. Three seasons have already aired. The next will be the fourth. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm still on season 2.5.

[quote name='Legolas813']Actually the show is going to be four seasons, not three. Three seasons have already aired. The next will be the fourth. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm still on season 2.5.[/quote]
You're right there will be a fourth season and it will be the final season.

The Costco in Seattle WA has a combo deal on the 2.0/2.5. I think they also have S1 too; not sure of the price, but they are usually priced pretty reasonably, especially for tv series that have been out for a while.

As of now there is no release date for season 3 of BSG. It was supposed to be released around the same time the season 3 cd came out (this week), but they never finalized any dates. I have a feeling they might hold up until Jan 2008, but hopefully it'll be sometime sooner!

is there any deals happening for season 1 coming up soon, cause i have seasons 2.0 & 2.5 & i havent seen them yet cause i wanna watch them from the begining

So what are the deal this week for Season 1 on HD DVD. I see buy.com you can get it for $60 w/ GCO, but i have a $50 card for bestbuy. Are all the big box retailers not doing an opeing week deal on this? Didn't Heroes come out at ~$70 for a week, I thought they would do this same kind of thing here, but i don't see anything.

Borders has 40% off any DVD boxset on 12/3 & 12/4 for Rewards members (it's free to join).

The 40% is off from their 'list price' though, so I don't know whether it'd actually be a deal or not.

bread's done
Back