Best deal for Sliders - Season 4 (DVD)?

josekortez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
Wal-Mart had offered the first 3 seasons of Sliders on DVD for $19.99 each, and then, when I went in last night, I saw Season 4 for $49.99. WTF?

Does anyone know of a B&M store or online store that has it for $20?

Wal-Mart had offered the first 3 seasons of Sliders on DVD for $19.99 each, and then, when I went in last night, I saw Season 4 for $49.99. WTF?

Does anyone know of a B&M store or online store that has it for $20?

[quote name='josekortez']Wal-Mart had offered the first 3 seasons of Sliders on DVD for $19.99 each, and then, when I went in last night, I saw Season 4 for $49.99. WTF?

Does anyone know of a B&M store or online store that has it for $20?[/quote]

Just checked out deepdiscount.com and Season 4 is there also, for $44.28 ...
I'm amazed! Sliders was a good show though, used to watch the reruns on sci fi!

This just came out a week ago. I know because I picked it up. It really surprised me to see it released. I had not expected Sliders seasons past 3 to ever be released since they were in litigation and had all kinds of issues with it. If you had bought it first week, then it was $29.99 at BB in an unadvertised deal. Cheapest I saw for it anywhere. I had to pick it up to support the show so that hopefully the final season would come out. Right now, I think your best bet is through Sam's Club who I believe have it for $40.

Everything after the third season was borderline unwatchable. I bought the first three, and by the end of three, I started remembering just how fucking weird that show got.

[quote name='JJSP']Everything after the third season was borderline unwatchable. I bought the first three, and by the end of three, I started remembering just how fucking weird that show got.[/quote]

Yeah, but I still like the show. I like it entirely, even with its quirks and hopefully this will let season 5 to come out.

I still need to pick this up from season 1 and on. Keep telling myself to get it but never do.

I saw a Used set at Amazon Marketplace for $20 + $3 shipping. I tried to put the link here, but when I checked it, it was gone and the cheapest is $26

Anyway, you might keep an eye on Amazon marketplace if you don't mind used.

Thanks, guys. I assume it will eventually drop at Wal-Mart. No one at the Wal-Marts I go to is looking for this series so it will probably be on the shelves for months.

Great show, the 1st/2nd season set is amazing, and the newer episodes in Season 4 were pretty good, couldn't go on in season 5 but I might revisit it if the DVD comes out and it's $20 or lower at some point.

Mine was like $29.99 at Best buy...then again i buy DVD sets the DAY they come ut cuz a week later they always jump up to like $45. I got it for either $24.99-29.99 though, dont rememebr exactly but newit was cheaper than the sticker that said $45 on it.

I saw this at BB when back when I was hunting for HD-DVDs, was totally shocked to see it came out.. hadn't heard a word. Passed on it assuming $29.99 had to be MSRP and was pretty shocked to see it jump to $49.99. Kinda bummed I missed out on the sale.

That said, I'm also the idiot that paid $60 or whatever seasons 1+2 were, just to see them drop to $20 within a year or so, so I'm sure it'll drop soon enough. Plus I have most of them on DVD already (I spent a summer basically recording and burning every friggin' episode of the show, back about 2-3 years before the 1st box set came out...)

Once Arturo and Wade left the show, it started going downhill. I don't know if i'll even buy any of the seasons past the third.

I thought bringing in Charlie O'Connell was kind of cheap, like Jerry was trying to get his brother some work. Once the whole thing with Quinn being from another world started, that was it.

[quote name='JolietJake']

I thought bringing in Charlie O'Connell was kind of cheap, like Jerry was trying to get his brother some work.[/quote]

That was exactly what he did. After Jerry said he didn't want to be in a 5th season they dumbed his brother too because they were a pair.

There was even talk of a movie but he said he wouldn't be in one unless his brother was too.

I have him, he's an asshole.

[quote name='bigdaddy']That was exactly what he did. After Jerry said he didn't want to be in a 5th season they dumbed his brother too because they were a pair.

There was even talk of a movie but he said he wouldn't be in one unless his brother was too.

I have him, he's an asshole.[/quote]
Does seem that way, i still picture him as the fat kid in stand by me.

bread's done
Back