Best deal on 3ds

brolly1234

CAGiversary!
Hi due to the many Oot trailers I don't think I can restrain myself from buying a 3rd so I'm wondering what the best deal for the system is, or if there are still any DS trade in offers.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dude, do yourself a huge favor and wait till good games are out. why do you want a 3ds? what AAA block busters are there you want to play so much? ill be waiting for 3ds lite

OoT is my main reason I know it's a lot for a single game but it's also my favorite game of all time, and now the opportunity to play it again is here.

I know this may seem like a stretch but do you think I would be able to buy the 3ds as well as Zelda, then beat Zelda and later return the 3ds?

[quote name='brolly1234']And by OoT I mean Zelda ocarina of time[/QUOTE]

Well, I got mine on day one and did not consider where I should buy it (just pre-ordered it at GameStop). Depending on what state you are in you may be able to get it tax free from Amazon and they typically price match deals.

OoT "re-made" is a great reason to get a 3ds. And the included content (Face Raiders/ AR Games) has kept me at bay since release day.

Many of the upcoming deals (provoked by the release of OoT) will be BoGo 1/2 game sales or something similar (i.e. gift card compensation). Just check the deals section and you should find everything your looking for from major retailers.

Perhaps consider Amazon for the handheld purchase and a retail store for the games, depending on the deals of course. Well I think I've already said to much. Hope I helped.

[quote name='brolly1234']I know this may seem like a stretch but do you think I would be able to buy the 3ds as well as Zelda, then beat Zelda and later return the 3ds?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe you will be able to "Return" the system once you've opened it. Of course that is depending on where you've purchase it from and their return policy.

I would suggest holding onto it until the holiday season if you want to re-sell it. By that time quite a few first party titles (Mario 3ds, Mario Kart 3ds) should be available and the system may be more difficult to find and you get a better selling price.

Or... you may find that you genuinely enjoy it and are looking forward to the first Zelda game developed exclusively for 3D. The free download (temporarily) of Excitebike 3D is pretty awesome with regards to the impact 3D can have.

Like someone else said you get a 25$ giftcard if you buy one at target next week, and also if you get OoT at Target next week as well you get half off any other 3DS game. I've had one since launch and am looking forward to getting OoT when it comes out.

Thanks for all the input, please feel free to provide any other insight but thanks. I'm considering everything you guys have said and I think I've narrowed it down to three options:
1)Buy at target
2)Buy at amazon warehouse
3) Pass on Zelda and buy the Vita

So I'm still deciding but I'll post something again when I decide to buy. Thanks

bread's done
Back