Best Deal on 7.1 Gaming Headset?

SOLDIER

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I've often heard a lot of praise for Turtle Beach headsets and their ability to deliver excellent 7.1 sound for games, so I'm currently looking into getting one; I often get chewed out for using my Home Theater (price I have to pay for living in a crowded house), so this would be an ideal alternative.

I asked around in Best Buy today, and the clerk recommended the following headset: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...id=&me=&qid=&sr=&seller=&colid=&condition=new

He answered a few of my questions, such as how you connect these things (you connect them to the system via both the optical audio port and a USB port) and whether they sell headsets that work for both PS3, 360, and PC (he said this one does all three, and even my TV).

The only question I had left, aside from whether this is the best headset to get as well as the best price for it, is the length of the optical audio cable included. He believed it to be 25 feet, so confirmation on that would be nice; I know you can nab a longer optical cord from Monoprice on the cheap, but I'm hoping it won't come to that.

He also said that the voice chat will work for both consoles and PC, but he didn't sound 100% certain on that. If you could confirm that as well, that would be great.

So beyond that, just looking for opinions, prices, etc. There was also a wireless brand for $250, but I've yet to get assurance on a wireless headset that works perfectly without any static or hissing, and the clerk said the battery life was short.

i tried the turtle beach x41 and heard a lot of crackling noises. im talking popping noises, not hissing (hissing is normal i think)

so i switched to Logitech's Wireless Stereo headset the F540. and combine it with the Turtle Beach DSS.

awesome quality. should cost less than X41

bread's done
Back