Best deal on Borderlands pre-order?

i'll bump your post cause im looking for the same thing haha. I know gamestop has exclusive weapons if you pre order there and i KNOW best buy and toys r us has NOTHING for borderlands, not even a sale...:( so it's target (doubt it) or gamestop

Wow just saw a video of this game, looks amazing.

Depending on if there is a deal... might be tempted to get it now...

only preorder bonus i've come across is from GS, but tbh having a cache of wpns at the start of the game that you're automatically proficient in seems to dimish the experience slightly...at least for the purist, but i digress. 87 bazilion possible wpn drops, it shouldn't worry about the bonus. Though you could just sell them and say you started with more money.

yeah, im looking for a better preorder bonus but i think due to the games mature theme it probably won't get any outstanding preorder bonuses in any main stream dept store.

I'm definitely in for one, but with all the crazy B2G1 deals, I think I can wait til the price drops or for black friday sales.

[quote name='100xp']only preorder bonus i've come across is from GS, but tbh having a cache of wpns at the start of the game that you're automatically proficient in seems to dimish the experience slightly...at least for the purist, but i digress. 87 bazilion possible wpn drops, it shouldn't worry about the bonus. Though you could just sell them and say you started with more money.[/QUOTE]

I believe it's only 8 guns - 2 per character - so I don't think it will give you that much of an advantage or ruin the experience. I could be wrong here...

None that I have seen for 360, but there are some good ones on the PC on steam. Sorry if that is of little or no consolation...

hehe, i made a funny.

[quote name='crv']I believe it's only 8 guns - 2 per character - so I don't think it will give you that much of an advantage or ruin the experience. I could be wrong here...[/QUOTE]

If i get the preorder from GS, and I feel the 8 guns are a lot stronger from the get go...I may just sell them to a merch so I can buy starting equipment instead. At least for my 1st saved game.

No biggie, im pretty sure with the amount of hours invested in this game you're bound to get a lucky drop early on to replace them. From the reviews I've seen it's likely every character has their own set of starting wpn prof., bonuses, and the articles say the 8 bonus gear box wpns can be accessed and used by every hero at starting level. What the prefixes and suffix bonuses are is uncertain.

A shame though there aren't more preorder specials, I'd take a free t-shirt over the gearbox.

I wonder if pc owners can play xbox 360 owners.

[quote name='100xp'] I wonder if pc owners can play xbox 360 owners.[/QUOTE]

Interesting thought. It could work as the game is primarily co-op.

PC vs 360 in a PvP FPS isn't really a level playing field IMO ...

[quote name='arsonisfun']Interesting thought. It could work as the game is primarily co-op.

PC vs 360 in a PvP FPS isn't really a level playing field IMO ...[/QUOTE]

No, it's not. However there is multiplayer co-op modes. There's a reason why Halo 2 on PC's difficultly was increased so much as well as me never playing TF2 on xbox when I have it for PC.

bread's done
Back