Best deal on Fallout 3 (PC)

evilmrt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Ok folks, I see alot of threads in the main deals forum about Fallout 3 pre-orders, but they're all over the place. How about one main thread with the best deals?

That said, what IS the best pre-order deal for the PC version right now?

that would be circuit city i believe. Online or in store, pre-order any version of the game and you'll get a $10 GC.

Just make sure you're committed before you order online. From what people have said it seems like they charge you $10 immediately and send you the gift card code via email that day, then they'll charge the remaining 39.99 when the game ships. In otherwords you'll be stuck with that giftcard and out the $10 cash if you decide to cancel.

The deals I've found so far:

Circuit City: free mini-strategy guide and $10 gift card.
Amazon: bonus wallpapers (big whoop). Only source of Survival Editions, which are the Collector's Edition plus the Pip-Boy 3000 collectible.
EBX / Gamestop: free poster, 5-track soundtrack CD, and "Vault Dwellers Guide," whatever the hell that is (strat guide?).
Best Buy: free Nuka Cola bottle opener.

[quote name='unbongwah']The deals I've found so far:

Circuit City: free mini-strategy guide and $10 gift card.
Amazon: bonus wallpapers (big whoop). Only source of Survival Editions, which are the Collector's Edition plus the Pip-Boy 3000 collectible.
EBX / Gamestop: free poster, 5-track soundtrack CD, and "Vault Dwellers Guide," whatever the hell that is (strat guide?).
Best Buy: free Nuka Cola bottle opener.[/quote]
that circuit city deal looks good. But the circuit city site says its unavailable right now (wtf?) and the circuit city stores ive been calling doesnt seem to have it either. Any ideas whats going on their?

From working at Circuit City in the past, they usually don't get video games on the day they are supposed to be out, they get them 3-5 days later on average :/ Don't know what the deal is with the website though

I preordered mine from CC online and I just got an email today apologizing. Apparently they didn't get a shipment of the PC version from Bethesda yet....

[quote name='razgriz417']Except it doesnt work for the PC version[/quote]
PC version is unavailable.Keep an eye on it.
[quote name='razgriz417']I preordered mine from CC online and I just got an email today apologizing. Apparently they didn't get a shipment of the PC version from Bethesda yet....[/quote]

[quote name='Volt_Ron']From working at Circuit City in the past, they usually don't get video games on the day they are supposed to be out, they get them 3-5 days later on average :/ Don't know what the deal is with the website though[/quote]

This seems to be the odd case with the web site as well. What's the deal? It happened with Spore, but I thought I'd give them another chance. Good thing I'm busy with Fable 2 and life anyway. Or maybe it's a good thing they're keeping Fallout 3 out of my hands for a little longer, rather.

[quote name='qwerty1']that would be circuit city i believe. Online or in store, pre-order any version of the game and you'll get a $10 GC.

Just make sure you're committed before you order online. From what people have said it seems like they charge you $10 immediately and send you the gift card code via email that day, then they'll charge the remaining 39.99 when the game ships. In otherwords you'll be stuck with that giftcard and out the $10 cash if you decide to cancel.[/quote]

If you e-mail them, they'll refund (or at least, have said they would) the cost of the gift card, and cancel the order, since I e-mailed them once they messaged me that they do not have Fallout 3 on hand, and once I realized that even if I do manage to purchase something else from CC in the future (I don't have a local store), having to pay tax twice makes the savings I get from using the gift card nearly irrelevant.

bread's done
Back