Best deal on X-Men First Class?

spmahn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Anyone know who is going to have the best price on X-Men First Class next week? It's weird that it's a Friday release, usually you only see that every once in a while with kids movies. Looks like Target has the best price on it so far for $22.99, Amazon still has it listed at $24.99, although I imagine they'll at least match Target before it ships. Is it too much to ask for a new release at $19.99 or less anymore?

I'm looking for the same thing. I missed it in the theater and was waiting for the blu ray but I can't bring myself to pay 24.99 for a new release knowing that it'll be significantly cheaper soon. I'm waiting on Thor for the same reason.

[quote name='Don G.']I'm looking for the same thing. I missed it in the theater and was waiting for the blu ray but I can't bring myself to pay 24.99 for a new release knowing that it'll be significantly cheaper soon. I'm waiting on Thor for the same reason.[/QUOTE]

I would save Thor for the Redbox, it was good, but not great. X-Men First Class was by the far the best film of the summer however, possibly amongst the best I've seen so far this year. I agree with you however that it's pretty nutty to pay $24.99 for it now when it will probably be out there for under $15 on Black Friday. I would be comfortable paying $19.99 now, but not more than that.

I'd say just wait a couple weeks. It always seems like they crank up the prices for preorders and week one purchases, but then it goes on a sale at some point within a month of release.

target is definitely the best price as i believe it's an exclusive blu-ray/dvd/digital version.

[quote name='joker______']i have a feeling it will be cheap come black friday but thats just me[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but your a joker. ;)

what's the point of releasing the blu/DVD combo at only one retailer? Definitely makes this an easy choice as I like having the included DVD.....especially when its priced the same as other versions that don't include it.

[quote name='dschroll']what's the point of releasing the blu/DVD combo at only one retailer? Definitely makes this an easy choice as I like having the included DVD.....especially when its priced the same as other versions that don't include it.[/QUOTE]So that vendor can get additional sales for that item since it has the "true" combo pack?

Best Buy has the complete BD / DVD / DC combo pack for Hanna and they're the only one with it as well. They also did it recently for The Eagle.

I'm sure the studios get paid by the retailer in question to carry the "exclusive" version of the item, most likely to pay for reduced sales elsewhere from other retailers.

Walmart has done this as well with Predators and Splice.

[quote name='blindinglights']I'd say just wait a couple weeks. It always seems like they crank up the prices for preorders and week one purchases, but then it goes on a sale at some point within a month of release.[/QUOTE]

That was my thinking as well I give it a month before 15.99

[quote name='D0RC']Kmart has it for $19.99[/QUOTE]
I am going to attempt to get Target to price match Kmart.
Then use my Target card to save 5% which basically just cancels out sales tax (I am in VA and sales tax is 5%).

Looks like I might pull the ultimate gamble and try and pick up X-Men First Class and Star Fox 64 3DS both at K-Mart on Friday.

TRU always has DVDS & BLURAYS $5 Off on Release week.
X-MEN : First Class (DVD) - $14.99
X-MEN : First Class (BLURAY) - $24.99

I'm picking it up at Target. I like combo packs. Makes it easy to lend the movie out and share it, which is part of why I buy them.

22.99 is actually a pretty good deal for the package, I think. I have really been looking forward to seeing this again so I don't particularly want to wait for a lower price.

[quote name='spmahn']I would save Thor for the Redbox, it was good, but not great. X-Men First Class was by the far the best film of the summer however, possibly amongst the best I've seen so far this year. I agree with you however that it's pretty nutty to pay $24.99 for it now when it will probably be out there for under $15 on Black Friday. I would be comfortable paying $19.99 now, but not more than that.[/QUOTE]

I feel like it's the other way around. Thor was amazing, and while X-men was good, it wasn't in the same class (no pun intended) IMO.

Really lol Thor over Xmen, please Thor was way to emotional to win any fight over Xmen as the name saids First Class

[quote name='ray2dee']Really lol Thor over Xmen, please Thor was way to emotional to win any fight over Xmen as the name saids First Class[/QUOTE]I agree, though. Thor was definitely the better movie. There are so many things wrong (i.e. logically) with First Class.

Considering time and effort and gas, I went with Amazon. Release day delivery to boot, right to my cubicle I will add.

Out of curiosity, how does Captain America compare in your minds to the X-Men First Class and Thor movies. I saw X-Men and Captain, but not Thor. I loved X-Men, much more than Captain America, although that's not saying I didn't enjoy C.A., great movie, just not a "buy Bluray on release day" material. So is Thor better than Captain America in your opinions? Is X-Men the best or worst of those 3?

I have the $20 coupon Barnes & Nobles sent out for the HP Touchpad fiastco, and was thinking of getting either Thor or XMen with it. Any comments are appreciated.

[quote name='nightmare452']Out of curiosity, how does Captain America compare in your minds to the X-Men First Class and Thor movies. I saw X-Men and Captain, but not Thor. I loved X-Men, much more than Captain America, although that's not saying I didn't enjoy C.A., great movie, just not a "buy Bluray on release day" material. So is Thor better than Captain America in your opinions? Is X-Men the best or worst of those 3?

I have the $20 coupon Barnes & Nobles sent out for the HP Touchpad fiastco, and was thinking of getting either Thor or XMen with it. Any comments are appreciated.[/QUOTE]

IMO:

First Class > Thor > Cap

If you have a Movie Stop around you I think they do trade in 2 Blu-Rays get this for free if you pre-order (so today would be the last day). I'm going to try and take 2 of the Blu-Rays I got from Blockbuster for $1 hopefully it works.

[quote name='nightmare452']Out of curiosity, how does Captain America compare in your minds to the X-Men First Class and Thor movies. I saw X-Men and Captain, but not Thor. I loved X-Men, much more than Captain America, although that's not saying I didn't enjoy C.A., great movie, just not a "buy Bluray on release day" material. So is Thor better than Captain America in your opinions? Is X-Men the best or worst of those 3?

I have the $20 coupon Barnes & Nobles sent out for the HP Touchpad fiastco, and was thinking of getting either Thor or XMen with it. Any comments are appreciated.[/QUOTE]In my opinion:

Thor > X-Men= Capt.

[quote name='doodmandood']To each their own but X-Men was the best movie of these.[/QUOTE]Were you paying attention during it? It was hilariously illogical. Even in the first 10 minutes.

It's a movie about MUTANTS who use SUPERPOWERS.

Is that any worse than a GOD who uses a magical hammer and lightning to defeat another GOD and a giant metal robot in Arizona?

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']In my opinion:

Thor > X-Men= Capt.[/QUOTE]

In my opinion:

Capt. > First Class >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thor

[quote name='doodmandood']It's a movie about MUTANTS who use SUPERPOWERS.

Is that any worse than a GOD who uses a magical hammer and lightning to defeat another GOD and a giant metal robot in Arizona?[/QUOTE]

The critique is that it's illogical. What you are talking about is realistic. They are not even remotely the same thing. I've not seen any of them (I do not go to theaters), but the trailers for Thor make it look worse than Ghost Rider. I was actually interested in First Class until I found out Sebastian Shaw is a Nazi.... What the ever-lovin' fuck? I mean there's taking liberties and there's fucking **** up just to fuck **** up and that certainly falls in the latter category. As for Cap, I don't know, I just have no real interest. The actor looks all wrong. He looks more like he should be playing Bruce Wayne instead of Steve Rogers.

[/QUOTE]

IMO X-Men > Cap > Thor

I thought the only problems with X-Men were probably issues resulting from the time constraint that Fox placed on the production. Some of the effects looked under cooked, etc. Narratively it was my favorite of that series, and I loved Michael Fassbender as Magneto and Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw.

I still enjoyed Thor, but it's not one that I feel compelled to own.

X-men was full of way to much cheese and 1 liners. Not to mention it tried to stuff way to much info into a prequel, only to end in an open-ended way. It was sloppy but entertaining. Yes Fassbender was awesome and yes, Kevin Bacon was awesome but that doesn't make a movie great by any means.

[quote name='mietha']The critique is that it's illogical. What you are talking about is realistic. They are not even remotely the same thing. I've not seen any of them (I do not go to theaters), but the trailers for Thor make it look worse than Ghost Rider. I was actually interested in First Class until I found out Sebastian Shaw is a Nazi.... What the ever-lovin' fuck? I mean there's taking liberties and there's fucking **** up just to fuck **** up and that certainly falls in the latter category. As for Cap, I don't know, I just have no real interest. The actor looks all wrong. He looks more like he should be playing Bruce Wayne instead of Steve Rogers.[/QUOTE]

Had you seen the movie you would realize there was a reason for making him a nazi...

Furthermore, regurgitating the comics doesn't provide for a very interesting film-going experience for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that you already know exactly what's going to happen.

[quote name='Irukandji']X-men was full of way to much cheese and 1 liners. Not to mention it tried to stuff way to much info into a prequel, only to end in an open-ended way. It was sloppy but entertaining. Yes Fassbender was awesome and yes, Kevin Bacon was awesome but that doesn't make a movie great by any means.[/QUOTE]

Change a few proper nouns here and there and you could be talking about Captain America or Thor instead of X-Men. I thought those movies contained more cheese and one liners. To each his own.

The movie has gotten better with repeated viewings but I cannot say that I had a good time at the movies watching First Class. I guess the action took the backseat to the story since any action sequence that was there were absolutely horrid in my opinion. That being said it is definitely a step in the right direction for the franchise and I'd love to see Vaughan go a little more crazy with the sequels.

Thor > First Class = Cap

And I will have to agree with stubadub that this movie is probably the less chessiest of the Marvel movies. Thor and Cap had some serious cheese especially Cap.

Yeah, by no means is Thor perfect. It was extremely lame in certain parts, but, it was a lot more fun than the other Marvel films.

Spoilers below on why Thor sucked

Thor sucked what was Natalie Portman studying? Why would Nick Fury need Stellan Skarsgard when he could call Tony Stark or Hank Pym? At the beginning of the film Odin narrates how he has lived since the dawn of time, 10 minutes later he tells Thor in the name of his father and his father before him. Well which is it dawn of time or a grandson of some guy? Thor leaves Asgard as a giant ass 1 day later he is completely different why what changed him a day with Natalie? I mean is there no one on Asgard hotter than Natalie Portman? Thor is fighting in pouring down rain 20 feet away Hawk Eye is perfectly dry.

[quote name='spmahn']I would save Thor for the Redbox, it was good, but not great. X-Men First Class was by the far the best film of the summer however, possibly amongst the best I've seen so far this year. I agree with you however that it's pretty nutty to pay $24.99 for it now when it will probably be out there for under $15 on Black Friday. I would be comfortable paying $19.99 now, but not more than that.[/QUOTE]

This man speaks the truth.

Lets be real this thread has turned into which super hero summer 2011 movie was the best.........Let the conversation begin

X-Men First Class = Captain America: The First Avenger >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thor

However, X-Men First Class was FULL of X-Men movie universe continuity errors
One example is that Hank McCoy built Cerebro in the universe of X-Men First Class, and in the universe of X-Men and X2: X-Men United, Professor X and Magneto built it together - Here is a full rundown: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/X-Men-First-Class-Canon-Or-Un-Canon-An-Infographic-25034.html
, so I don't still don't know if it's supposed to be a prequel to X-Men and X2: X-Men United (I'm not going to even talk about Last Stand or Origins: Wolverine as real X-Men films, as I am never going to watch them again, I would rather just try to forget they ever existed) or if it is a 'Reboot' and the continuity errors don't matter since this would be a new movie universe that ignores X-Men and X2: X-Men United
But then the cameos just piss me off, why have the Hugh Jackman and Rebecca Romijn cameos if you're doing a reboot, isn't the whole point of a reboot to try to make people forget about the previous movies that starred those actors? Yes I realize Hugh Jackman is still Wolverine in the next X-Men movie being made, but still, WTF?

Captain America: The First Avenger was just such a great 3D adventure movie, I really don't get all the hate on it, it really reminded me of an Indiana Jones type adventure, yes that probably has a lot to do with it being a WWII era movie, but man it was fun. I never watched the Fantastic Four movies but I still understand some people being annoyed that Chris Evans played two Marvel superheroes, but I think he did an outstanding job with the role and I'm glad Marvel cast him. And C'MON! How can you hate on Tommy Lee Jones' character in the movie? He's just perfect, he makes the movie worth watching even if you hate everything else going on in it.

Thor just was mind-numbingly boring despite being visually awesome in 3D, it's way too much of a Natalie Portman chick flick, without enough of a plot I care about, it just doesn't have the overall quality of the other Marvel Studios movies.

Back to the Thread's topic: Anyone know if bringing a printout from kmart.com of the K-Mart ad page that has X-Men First Class for $19.99 will get a price match to happen successfully at either Target or Best Buy? I really don't feel like going to K-Mart if I don't have to (My local Target and Best Buy are MUCH closer and right next to each other), so do I need the physical ad for either of those stores to take a price match seriously?

Can you guys please take this crap to another thread? This is for the best deal on X-men and not which movie sucked less thread.

im holding out on all new releases till black friday, most will be 10-12 on black friday (thor, x-men etc.)

if you dont have patience to wait that long but can wait 1-2 weeks im sure you will find it under $20 by next week.

bread's done
Back