Best deal on X-Men Trilogy?

http://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Trilogy...ef=pd_bbs_1/002-2922271-0602452?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

With the release of The Last Stand, they put out the individual Last Stand DVD, the store exclusives for Last Stand (i.e. Target's bad ass tin and comic book), and the trilogy boxed together.

Make a note that the trilogy includes the original X-Men release, not 1.5, so if that matters to you, get em individually, it's not that much more expensive.

OP, it's $29.99 retail this week. Clearly posted in the ads in another thread I won't bother to link. Or do that Google Checkout trick for 19.99. It won't kill you to do a little research.

[quote name='redgopher']http://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Trilogy...ef=pd_bbs_1/002-2922271-0602452?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

With the release of The Last Stand, they put out the individual Last Stand DVD, the store exclusives for Last Stand (i.e. Target's bad ass tin and comic book), and the trilogy boxed together.

Make a note that the trilogy includes the original X-Men release, not 1.5, so if that matters to you, get em individually, it's not that much more expensive.

OP, it's $29.99 retail this week. Clearly posted in the ads in another thread I won't bother to link. Or do that Google Checkout trick for 19.99. It won't kill you to do a little research.[/QUOTE]

Also note that Ratner has confirmed a special edition for X3 in 2007. FOX has already fucked up on this as some of the Region 1 releases contain the advertised 10 deleted scenes and others contain 21 deleted scenes which were supposed to be held back for the SE.

[quote name='evophile']Also note that Ratner has confirmed a special edition for X3 in 2007. FOX has already fucked up on this as some of the Region 1 releases contain the advertised 10 deleted scenes and others contain 21 deleted scenes which were supposed to be held back for the SE.[/quote]

And here I thought the movie couldn't get any worse...

One of the alternate endings is that the real ending got lost on the way to the Korean animators and they did their own version of how it should end. Needless to say, there was a bear driving a car. And Wolverine was like, "Oh, no, bear drive car. How can this be?"

[quote name='valor19']One of the alternate endings is that the real ending got lost on the way to the Korean animators and they did their own version of how it should end. Needless to say, there was a bear driving a car. And Wolverine was like, "Oh, no, bear drive car. How can this be?"[/QUOTE]

ha!! love the reference

Limegreen: did you get the 10 or 21 deleted scenes version?

[quote name='valor19']One of the alternate endings is that the real ending got lost on the way to the Korean animators and they did their own version of how it should end. Needless to say, there was a bear driving a car. And Wolverine was like, "Oh, no, bear drive car. How can this be?"[/QUOTE]

"Car full of midgets!" Ah...good times.

I never saw X3, but I read about it, and I think the "Korean animation studio" ending would've been better...

I still can't believe Best Buy sold their version of a "collector's edition" for $26.99 (IIRC), just because it had a different cover and a mini-comic attached.

Target's Tin for $22.99 is almost acceptable, but the entire DVD marketing ploy has just jumped the shark with X3.

i believe i read somewhere that costco has the trilogy for around $26 and it comes with a t-shirt.. might want to go that route if i were you...

I really hot no interested in this flick until there was a 1.5/2/3SE set, but I bought the CE for the Stan Lee comic. Worth the price of admission. Also worth picking up for $3 is "Stan Lee Meets the Amazing Spider-Man" that just hit stands. PURE GOLD.

[quote name='Kerig']I still can't believe Best Buy sold their version of a "collector's edition" for $26.99 (IIRC), just because it had a different cover and a mini-comic attached.

Target's Tin for $22.99 is almost acceptable, but the entire DVD marketing ploy has just jumped the shark with X3.

[/QUOTE]

Um, Best Buy doesn't have a version of their collector's edition. It has the same cover, comic, and upc barcode as the collector's edition at Circuit City, Fry's, Amazon, DeepDiscount, etc.

Target is the only one that has a different cover and comic.

Ratner is very talented - at making powerful friends and getting starlets into his bed, but not so much as a director of motion pictures. Such a shame Singer left the series.

[quote name='Limegreen']I got this today It has 3 alternate endings which suck[/QUOTE]
Isn't that generally why they weren't used as the actual ending?

For once, I'm not being sarcastic. I'm genuinely ignorant about deleted scenes and such on dvds.

I'll watch them on the few live action dvds I own (if they have extra features) but I watch movies for the movies, I've never been into the ours of interviews or commentary. Probably because I'm a very opinionated person to begin with, and I'm not concerned with what a director or actor or costume designer liked about this and didn't like about that. *shrugs*

i used a 99 cent rental coupon, and while i liked this movie, i liked part 2 a LOT more. beware, just about everyone dies in this movie, i was pretty pissed that so many of my fave characters either die or lose their powers

[quote name='dracula']i used a 99 cent rental coupon, and while i liked this movie, i liked part 2 a LOT more. beware, just about everyone dies in this movie, i was pretty pissed that so many of my fave characters either die or lose their powers[/quote]

How nice of you to provide a warning for people that haven't seen the movie yet by giving away what happens. :roll:

[quote name='lowenbotten']How nice of you to provide a warning for people that haven't seen the movie yet by giving away what happens. :roll:[/quote]

Well I guess we do not know who "everyone" is.

I saw the trilogy packed w/ a free T-shirt for somewhere in the $25-$30 range at Costco. The special edition X3 was 23.99.

[quote name='dracula']i used a 99 cent rental coupon, and while i liked this movie, i liked part 2 a LOT more. beware, just about everyone dies in this movie, i was pretty pissed that so many of my fave characters either die or lose their powers[/QUOTE]

i see you left before the credits were over

:|

i bought all three special editions separately, and i feel good about it

bread's done
Back