Best Deals for Burnout Paradise?

spzero

CAGiversary!
I know that some games have promos for when they get released. Are there any deals for BP this time around?

All I've heard is in FS for a $5 gift card

Gamer602: If you don't mind, would it be possible to post or to pm a couple of those games who sell for less than 10$ at EBGames and that qualify for Trade4?

I have credit at EBGames I would like to use.

Thank you

[quote name='gamer602']graw 360
call of jaruez
beowulf
pgr 3
ridge racer 3
pdz
crackdown[/quote]

Too bad none of those are actually $5. The cheapest is GRAW which is $6.99.

[quote name='Nesmaster']Too bad none of those are actually $5. The cheapest is GRAW which is $6.99.[/QUOTE]
No kidding, last I checked Crackdown was $25.

Why do you even want Paradise anyway? It is by far the most dissapointing game of the series. Check out the main thread over at the X360 forum.

Well I've never played a Burnout on the consoles so I don't have any old ones to compare it to. This one has Paradise City in its soundtrack so its good enough for me.

[quote name='spzero']Well I've never played a Burnout on the consoles so I don't have any old ones to compare it to. This one has Paradise City in its soundtrack so its good enough for me.[/quote]

Then find Burnout Revenge for 360, and enjoy a better game for $40 less.

[quote name='Nesmaster']Then find Burnout Revenge for 360, and enjoy a better game for $40 less.[/quote]

PS3 gamer....

That might be true, but I would like an HD experience. And what if I say I actually liked Paradise?

RR6, PDZ, and PGR3, Fantastic 4, Superman Returns, NHL/Madden 06, Kameo, and Live Arcade are $14.99 or less. If your EB has the 2/20 promo on, it's $40 which you can then trade at Blockbuster.

[quote name='spzero']PS3 gamer....[/quote]
Guess I totally ignored your signature... I lose.

If you're starting with Paradise you may like it, but as a veteran of the burnout series I don't like the direction they took at all. Feels more like Need for Speed: Burnout City than a true Burnout title. The only remaining Burnout trademark is that it does feel like you're going fast...

GRAW 6.99
Call of Juarez $8.99
2 $14.99 games for $20 = $35.98, and if it's on EB trade credit, no tax. So $35.98 for a brand new game isn't half bad.

I loved the demo. Though I only did one event. I had so much fun just burning aroudn the city, and smashing into people trying to get to events, that I couldn't be bothered with actual events.

I do think I would find the whole restart-race issue annoying. But I will still likely pick this game up. Eventually.

~S

As others said Burnout Paradise is by far the most disappointing game in the series. Suffice it to say, they have removed almost everything that made burnout fun. As others have said it is essentially just need for speed (free roaming city and all) with the burnout title. It doesn't even feel as fast as the other burnouts.

If you like need for speed than you will probably like this game, but if you really want to play burnout try revenge.

I had played the demo on 360 and wasn't too impressed, but a friend brought over the full game tonight. I loved every minute of it! I highly recommend it! I also loved Takedown, but this game feels much bigger as there are lots of things to do. I found Showtime (the replacement for crash mode) not quite as good, but still very satisfying. It still has the Road Rage events which are my favorite. The inability to restart events is a little annoying, but, in the full game, it doesn't matter so much because you are always near another event. The speed-class cars are incredibly fast. They seem to get faster with each new round of boost. (Boost refills fully if you use the whole meter in one shot with the speed-class cars.) I played while my friend and girlfriend watched. We were all on the edges of our seats the whole time watching the crazy stunts and wrecks. It was a fantastic gaming experience! I'm watching the forums here for a deal at $40 or less, and I'll buy the game with no reservations!

Would any of you guys knocking the game want to sell your copy to somebody who will keep it warm through these cold winter nights? ;)

familyvideo.com is where I got mine. They have a coupon SAVE5NOW for 5 bucks off. + .99 shipping = $52.97 shipped. More than I usually pay, but I like the burnout series.

for those of you hating on burnout paradise, have you actually played it? yes, it's different, but different can be good. at first cheapy d was saying that it was going to be lame, but after he played the full game, he thought it was great.

anyways I thought burnout revenge was ok, but it was my first burnout game and I am really not a huge fan of EXTREMELY arcady racing games. a bit of arcade is fine like in PGR, but I really hate games with over the top rubber banding, catch up logic that makes the first 90% of the race meaningless and where you cant even.. turn around lol. I know hardcore burnout fans dont care about these things, but I'm hoping that paradise city tones it down a bit. I noticed in the demo that you can even turn around, that's a great start!

anyways I'm getting burnout paradise sent to me for rental, we'll see how it goes.

So I have my B license now (or maybe my A... >_>) and I can say that this game is shaq-fu-ing awesome. I was indeed skeptical about the open world but it is without a doubt the best part of the game. I love in between races and just exploring all of the short cuts and jumps and everything! And for those worried about getting lost, there is no need to be so! There are only 8 finish lines in the game, one corresponding to each direction of the compass. What this means is that you will get to know the surrounding roads very quickly and decide which is the best route. And I have taken a different path from the AI and beaten them many times.

In short: Buy this if you like Burnout! :)

[quote name='magiic']Im going to rent it next time it's in at Rogers, I want to try it.[/quote]

By "rent" you mean "buy at the next 2/40"? ;)

I'd like to grab this one used, even at $39.99 - 30% sounds good enough. I'm sure it'll be the next 2/40 or the one after that before a copy gets pulled, at least.

bread's done
Back