Best Digital Camera to get with $150-$200?

One of the best point and shoot camera that takes good pictures in low light situations is the Fujifim F20. I am going to get one very soon. This camera is priced at around $140-150. The bad thing about it is that is used picture card xD flash memory. Here is a review.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2007_reviews/fuji_f20.html

A few other cameras I considered getting were:

Canon A630 $200
Canon 570is $220
Fujifilm F31fd $240-250

Target just got a bunch of very nice cameras around the $150 mark. I'd suggest heading there, or going to another B&M store to play with some cameras before making a final decision.

I'd go with the Canon A560. They're a little bigger than the SD's, but they take regular AA batteries instead of proprietary LIon packs.

GO TO TARGET.

In the Electronic clearance last week, I bought a Fuji Finepix S5200 for $150 and I'm very pleased with it. If you just want point & shoot, it does that; if you want to change the f-stop and shutter speed and do manual focus, it can do that too. Nice big lens, much better than my previous digital point & shoots. It does take xD-picture memory cards, which is a drag mostly because you almost certainly don't already own one, but $30 for a gig of memory is pretty good, and that's what you can get it for at Target or Circuit City.

If they don't have the S5200 on clearance at your Target, it's a damned shame because it's a great camera (regularly $300-$400) for the price.

[quote name='Kendro']Any of the Canon SD series. They are ultra-compact, sleek, and user-friendly cameras. They have pre-set settings for any situation (inside a room, night, outside, etc.) and are one of the best point-and-shoot cameras available.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...070012+50001213+1063107631&name=Ultra-Compact[/QUOTE]
i bought an sd600 over a year ago and its great.
it takes excellent photos which receive regular compliments.
take sd mem which is nice and powers up quickly.
id buy another one without thought.

[quote name='paz9x']i bought an sd600 over a year ago and its great.
id buy another one without thought.[/quote]

I agree. I bought one about a year and a half ago, and have had no need for anything else. I'm not an avid picture taker, but I do take the occasional photo when I'm in the mood, and for this, I'm not sure you can find much better. One thing to note: even after a year and a half, and adjusting all (or I think all?) of the settings, I still end up with a blurry photo every now and again. It's never a problem when the flash is on (even if it doesn't go off, as in bright daylight), but it does show up occasionally when not using the flash. I'm sure there are ways around this though, and I just haven't found them. And for the price, which should be in your range now, it's an excellent deal (I paid over $300 when I bought it!).

The only problem with the SD series canons is that they all have lousy flashes that overly-illuminate the subjects and make everything else in the background overly dark.

Thats why the slightly-bigger cameras are more popular as their flashes are generally much, much better.

[quote name='seanw']GO TO TARGET.

In the Electronic clearance last week, I bought a Fuji Finepix S5200 for $150 and I'm very pleased with it. If you just want point & shoot, it does that; if you want to change the f-stop and shutter speed and do manual focus, it can do that too. Nice big lens, much better than my previous digital point & shoots. It does take xD-picture memory cards, which is a drag mostly because you almost certainly don't already own one, but $30 for a gig of memory is pretty good, and that's what you can get it for at Target or Circuit City.

If they don't have the S5200 on clearance at your Target, it's a damned shame because it's a great camera (regularly $300-$400) for the price.[/quote]

That is an awesome deal there... I checked my Target and they got none.. Yours still have any?

[quote name='paz9x']i bought an sd600 over a year ago and its great.
id buy another one without thought.[/QUOTE]

I love my SD600 . . . any compromises in quality are made up for with its tiny size . . . really a pocket camera.

I also love the little video clips that you can shoot (decent quality)

The SD card is great if you have a Wii . . . doing slide shows is fun during parties or get togethers. Esp. with kids . . . running the vid clips backwards is cool.

[quote name='Malik112099']i really like the canon SD1000 for around the prices you are looking at[/QUOTE]
funny you mention that, i saw one and had the urge to buy it as i might need a 2nd camera.

and to whomever mentioned it above, yes i dont care for the flash, but i find usually changing the settings helps.

You might find this helpful:

http://www.photo.net/equipment/best-digital-camera/

I bought the Fuji F30 for my wife, and she loves it.

Fuji sensors are superior in low light, which IMO is very important for a point-and-shoot. Image quality is great overall--it doesn't rise to the level of my good digital SLR setup, but it's definitely better than what point-and-shoot cameras typically produce. There's no shutter lag, which is critical for candid and action shots, and you get some manual control if you want it. Exposure and white balance are very good, too, the only caveat being a tendency for overexposure in really bright scenes.

Here's another site with some great in-depth reviews and opinions:

http://www.dpreview.com/

Good luck with whatever you choose.

bread's done
Back