Best Exercise Game

fakeemailwps

CAGiversary!
I have the balance board already, but I was looking at the EA series. I'm a big football fan, but the NFL training camp game is about $100. I'm a guy in my early 20s, and I'm looking for a good workout.

If you are in your early 20s and already in decent shape then you are better doing real exercise (consider the P90x program) or joining the gym.

If you aren't in shape at all, and wanted something to get you started then the EA Sports Active games (especially the Sports Active 2 that was released recently) are probably your best bets.

My GF just got EA Sports Active 2 and it's pretty solid, especially with the heart rate monitor and whatnot. You can luck up and find it for $60 if you look hard enough.

If not, Wii Fit Plus is good on the cheap.

To be honest, the Wii won't do much for you if you want a real workout. If you want to spend less than $100 on something that'll give you some visible results, try Insanity (made by Beach Body). It's a REALLY crazy workout, and you're GUARENTEED to sweat pretty early into the workout. It's only a 63 day program (or somewhere around that), and you get 1 break day every week. It doesn't require any extra equiptment, and it only uses your body, so you're good. You can buy it for $80 or so used on Amazon (MAKE SURE THAT IT COMES WITH THE FITNESS GUIDE OR THE CALENDAR SO YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO ON WHAT DAY), so you aren't paying that much more than if you were going to get a Wii game.

Just be careful when doing the workout, though, and don't push yourself too hard. Also take short breaks when you are tired and have a HUGE glass of water with PLENTY of ice in it. Trust me, you'll need it ;)

[quote name='ThatAwesome1']To be honest, the Wii won't do much for you if you want a real workout. If you want to spend less than $100 on something that'll give you some visible results, try Insanity (made by Beach Body). It's a REALLY crazy workout, and you're GUARENTEED to sweat pretty early into the workout. It's only a 63 day program (or somewhere around that), and you get 1 break day every week. It doesn't require any extra equiptment, and it only uses your body, so you're good. You can buy it for $80 or so used on Amazon (MAKE SURE THAT IT COMES WITH THE FITNESS GUIDE OR THE CALENDAR SO YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO ON WHAT DAY), so you aren't paying that much more than if you were going to get a Wii game.

Just be careful when doing the workout, though, and don't push yourself too hard. Also take short breaks when you are tired and have a HUGE glass of water with PLENTY of ice in it. Trust me, you'll need it ;)[/QUOTE]

hmm... I'm not sure I would second the recommendation for Insanity...

Sure it is a seriously tough workout.... but it doesn't have the true variety that is needed for a well rounded workout.... also it is VERY VERY high impact.

If you want an excercise program go with p90x if you're in decent shape... p90 if you're not.

If you're set on getting one for the wii... EA Series is the way to just... just remember you have to push yourself with it and upgrade the bands.

It's not really a work out game, but many of the dancing games really set you up to lose a couple of pounds if done correctly, and if, of course, you can really bust a move!

[quote name='fakeemailwps']I have the balance board already, but I was looking at the EA series. I'm a big football fan, but the NFL training camp game is about $100. I'm a guy in my early 20s, and I'm looking for a good workout.[/QUOTE]

I just checked Amazon, and the NFL training camp game is $50. I have no idea if it's good or not.

[quote name='Afflicted']...
If you want an excercise program go with p90x if you're in decent shape... p90 if you're not.
...[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to second this recommendation. Not a casual workout, but a great program as long as you know what you are getting into.

If what you want is an aerobic workout, and if what you want is a GAME that pushes you and results in your sweating, then I'd recommend Dance Dance Revolution. Now, if you don't like DDR it's not going to work. At easy difficulty DDR is stepping slowly pretty much. It's when you get to the higher difficulty levels that you sweat up a storm and have fun doing it.

bread's done
Back