Best Free Antivirus Programs

PieLover

CAG Veteran
What are some of the better free antivirus and anti spyware programs out there? I'm using AVG Free and Spybot Search and Destroy and they seem to be working well but i need to know if there are better alternatives out there. Also are there any good free CD/DVD burning software?

Along with Spybot, you should grab:

Ad-Aware
SpywareBlaster

I have the three of those, and they work great.

Both are great. If you want extra spyware scanner, which is recommended because sometimes one might catch something the other didn't, I'd get Ad-Aware.

But thumbs up on AVG! Screw Norton and their shitty program!

Not technically free, but McAfee and Norton regularly have FAR sales on their products. I got my internet security suite for free back around the holidays. Ive used spybot its OK.

pretty much all has been said, but as a good stand alone cleaner that catches a lot of stuff that the others can miss, grab Ewido as well. Grisoft, makers of AVG, actually bought them out not too long ago.

I used to use avast and never had a single problem with it (UW requires some corporate version of Norton). I've used AVG and Anti-vir as well and they were also great.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Isn't AVG going to start charging soon?[/quote]

Yeah, I don't know why everyone is recommending it now...

[quote name='mtxbass1']Isn't AVG going to start charging soon?[/quote]

Grisoft is charging for version 7.1, if you upgrade to version 7.5 it is still free.

bread's done
Back