Best, free MMORPGs out right now?

I saw this on another forum:

[ ]Good
[ ]Free
[ ]Online

Choose two.

I have yet to see a free MMO that's any good. And the "FREE MMO!!!" list sites are misleading in that most of the games are only free until lvl 10 OR make you purchase the worthwhile items/classes/whatever. Plus free MMOs are generally populated by prepubescent idiots.

I would throw my vote in for anarchy online. It looks dated but you cant beat it for content/support/depth.
It's probably the only mmorpg I have played that is really solo friendly as well.
I think it would take you a very long time to do and see everything in that game available to a froob ( their term for a free newbie account)

Well mostly I'll be playing with a friend(s), so obviously it has to be free and online, and then I guess AS GOOD AS POSSIBLE, lol.

Just pay 30 bucks and get Guild wars it has no monthly fee and is fun to play. If you don't like that then Anarchy Online is your best bet but it is only free for a year.

If you like the anime style, try Flyff. Its very good but just like most asian f2p games, very grind heavy.
Out of all the f2p asian mmos I liked it the most. The flying engine is great fun!
The creeps you fight are very imaginitive as well and it's fun just to fly everywhere and check them out.

Honestly if you are looking for a free mmorpg with a huge following then check out Runescape. Weekends always have over 200k players playing at all times and the game is/was very fun.

I havent played in awhile but the game has a very little learning curve and if you were to pay the $5 a month for members they update the members servers every week. But the free servers have plenty to do aswell.

Runescape.com

There was a time 2 years ago that Maple Story took over my entire apartment. I can't comment on if it was any good or not, but it was damn addictive.

GUNZ is cool too, but it isn't an RPG... it kinda is... just check it out, it is super awesome, espically with the new quest mode.

[quote name='crystalklear64']For ROSE, it detects your windows settings, so the entire game itself is in english.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok, but I was talking about checking out the site to get an idea of what it was about before downloading it and wasting time if it wasn't my cup of tea. I thought they might have an English section or server but I couldn't find it.

[quote name='keithp']Ah ok, but I was talking about checking out the site to get an idea of what it was about before downloading it and wasting time if it wasn't my cup of tea. I thought they might have an English section or server but I couldn't find it.[/QUOTE]
Theres no English section but you can find guides for signing up. Only issue is than you need a KSSN.

Rappelz seems decent. I haven't played much as my GF can only play for about an hour at a time and then its only once a week...

I'll second the people that mentioned Anarchy Online. I played for a while at release, and have gone back to it a couple times over the years. Now that they've released the basic addition as a free download, I've had it installed non-stop. Someone mentioned earlier that the free account is a one-year subscription, but while they talked that way originally, they've never made good on it, I've been on a free account for well over that at this point.

I've given a good amount of the FREE MMOs a try just for fun...

So far...
9Dragons is pretty decent. (Martial Arts)
& Last Chaos (Fantasy) I liked.

Rappelz looks nice but I didn't really like the theme/world personally. It also felt a little "clustered" to me & wasn't the most user-friendly/polished. (ie, skills, upgrading, quest givers, characters)

[quote name='1SwtDeception']Try Lunia? Here's gameplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LaWEE2dblw

FlyFF is definitely a fun game.
ROSE not sure how it is now, the beta had so much hackers, but enjoyable.

MS was soo.. addicting in a bad way.

Oh all of these are cartoon-anime type of stuff so not sure if that's your style.[/quote]
Hmm thanks for the post all...wasn't expecting games to come up I actually hadn't heard of but figured I'd give it a shot. I've played these other 3 games you mentioned here and agree with what you said about each of them. FlyFF and ROSE are pretty fun, MS...is...ya.

But that trailer for Lunia looked great, so I think I'll go with this one. I think I found the main site after googling : http://global.lunia.com/news/read.asp?ConfigID=1&SearchField=Subject&SearchText=&GotoPage=1&BoardID=112

BUT can you still sign up for the closed beta? (I'm guessing not...but worth a shot). Don't want to download the game before I know that...

Oh and I've tried Anarchy...but hated the environment completely. Silkroad I can just tell I won't like (For me...gotta like the artstyle/environments a bit in RPGs...if they look bad to me I'll hate the game), Haven't tried the fantasy earth one though...(My PC is pretty bad too so it can't have crazy requirements neither)

I think for lunia you just need to register a gamengame account. I did about a week ago and was able to DL Lunia fine. I followed the instructions on the website and it worked ok.
Its a fun little action rpg. Make sure you do the practice levels as you get free improved armour and weapons out of them when you finish each stage.

As for Flyff, it gets twice as fun once you get a hoverboard or broom.

ya I got pretty far in flyff...around lvl 60-70 or something. Hopefully I can run Lunia though, I registered for the account and I'll download soon...but it says 512 MB and ... uh... ya :( I need a new pc...I'm getting one later this summer but I wish I had it now lol

I'd say free UO servers are the best way to go for complete freeness. Just don't expect an easy life as you'll be playing with vets who have played the game for 10 years.

It hasn't started back up yet with the second beta phase, but rumble fighters was great fun. (except for the bugs)

It's like a f2p powerstone w/ cell shaded chars. Just like gunbound you can buy some stuff with your points and other stuff with real money.
They have FFA , king of the hill, and team battle mode.

According to the website the second phase is starting soon
http://www.ogplanet.com/rf/default.asp

Heres a good video of what the gameplay is like. The levels are pretty darn big and multistory on some of them
http://youtube.com/watch?v=o3lKqicterg

I love maplestory, but I like the old RPG's the 3d ones are alright, but I really like the cartoon fantasy types, kinda reminds me of lunar silver star graphics kinda sorta.

Best thing is that I get free Mesos for my game play, and when I played WOW i got free gold, I guess with this site you can get runescape gold habbo coins guildwars stuff and kind of currencies out there you can get for FREE!

at
GlideGold - Let our sponsors buy your gold!

also for free xbox time, wii points wii accessories, xbox headsets, well anything game related even custome orders of amazon or ebay

GamingLagoon - dont buy your gaming gear let us!

http://glidegold.com/?ref=14798

bread's done
Back