Best (Free?) Online Tax Return Site...?

WinnieThePujols

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
OK, last year I did my taxes with TurboTax online, and I got charged like $10 total, I bet. Now I'm having to pay like $55; they charge an additional $25 to have their fees deducted directly from your return (as opposed to paying them with a credit card). I thought it would be $25 total, but it's actually $25 + the $35 they charge in fees!

So what's the best, free, online tax return site you know of? Do they let you e-file?

Thanks guys... I've got like $200 or so coming back, and it's going to provide me with some much-needed money (I'm making minimum wage [$5.15] right now...).

Unless you need the money desperately quickly, just get a 1040EZ form from the post office, do the simple addition/subtraction, fill in like 15 blanks and mail it in.. it'll end up costing you a stamp.

If you want to e-file to get your return quicker... http://www.irs.gov/app/freeFile/jsp/index.jsp

List from the IRS of free tax-prep and e-filers.. as long as you made less then $50k a year.

I'm actually on that site right now. I forgot about it.

I'm not hard up for money... I just want to get as much money as I can to pay for Extra Innings ($150) and Oblivion ($50).

I just used H and R block for my federal earlier today. It is free, but the state costs $25 to file on there so I just skipped that one. I'm going to do my state using the 1040EZ tomorrow.

[quote name='RawisJericho']I just used H and R block for my federal earlier today. It is free, but the state costs $25 to file on there so I just skipped that one. I'm going to do my state using the 1040EZ tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

The cheapest one I see is the $5.95 one. You don't need to pay for that, though, if you're just doing Federal?

bread's done
Back