Best Game for Xbox Live...Help Needed

dserafin1986

CAGiversary!
Alright, I'm coming straight to the source here...I want to get a great game for Xbox live....Should I go with Lost Planet, Rainbow 6, or something else...I'm thinking it should be a shooter or racer, but I want to get something fun, where I won't feel like such a newbie if I'm getting popped...

i still enjoy playing halo 2 a lot online, although thats not really next gen. Plus, you could probably pick that up for 10-15 bucks

I think it depends on what kind of game you like. If you're into a fast paced run-and-gun type game then go with Halo 2 or Gears. If you're into driving games then go with Forza 2 or Burnout. If you like a more realistic game then go with Rainbow Six (which is my personal favorite). Hell, as you can see by my gamercard I still play GRAW online ... it's older but still fun and hella cheap anymore.

Honestly, of all the games I own including full priced ones like GoW and Burnout, I play Catan the most. It's a bit slow paced but if you're into strategy its a ton of fun online.

I definitely recommend Rainbow Six: Vegas. I have a lot of fun with the Co-op Story/Terrorist Hunt missions and if that is not your cup of tea, there is a wide assortment of adversarial modes to choose from. Topping off the package is the Persistent Elite Creation which allows you to gain experience as you play and unlock new gear.

[quote name='Kendro']Gears of War online co-op is pure sex.[/QUOTE]

I second this. You might get your ass kicked in multiplayer, but co-op is damn fun.

I also have been playing a ton of Catan online. And that's only $10.

[quote name='thegamer4787']Topping off the package is the Persistent Elite Creation which allows you to gain experience as you play and unlock new gear.[/quote]
QFT, at first I thought it was dumb until you level up and can take advantage of better weapons and armor; after that I'm jonesin' to make the next level ... I'm one bar away and it's eating at me to find time to hop into some matches.

Just bought RB6 Vegas...Played the demo more...This game is phat...I'm looking forward to playing it online...Might have to get Burnout too...

Thanks for the insight guys

chromehounds is wicked fun.
i find the glitching and just the fact that gow is broke to ruin it online for me.
it should pick up vegas though.

I'd echo the already expressed view that Gears Co-op is amazing, but I didn't like the multiplayer.

I really enjoy Lost Planet multiplayer (and single player), but it may be an aquired taste, grab the demo if you're not sure.

I think the most complete Live package is probably Rainbow 6: Vegas as it has good Co-op and VS over Live, plus the single player game is sweet as well.

Checking to make sure whatever game you plan to get is still being played on Live is good advice. I love the Battlefield 2 multiplayer but I'm not sure if anyone is still playing it.

Best Game for Xbox Live...Help Needed

The misanthropic smartass in me says "Oblivion."

The common sense part of me, however small, says "Listen to the misanthropic smartass".

The 'If you must' guy says "Gears, for its options and the fact that it seems like they'll be supporting it with updates and DLC for at least another couple years." A lot of the quality online games so far just have very steep learning curves and/or their 'communities' intimidate novices, intentionally and through sheer superiority.

They all agree, though, that the best is yet to come concerning a 360 Live experience, and that doesn't necessarily mean Halo 3.

P.S. Do you 'defiant' headset-free types in Halo 2 find yourself getting kicked often for denying the assholes their source of power?

P.P.S. Listening to a very recent "Sports Anomaly" podcast (1up.com) the other day, and Bryan Intihar made a point of stating that his online sports game competition was considerably nicer than FPSes. That just seems like selective perception. Comments?

[quote name='jollydwarf']P.S. Do you 'defiant' headset-free types in Halo 2 find yourself getting kicked often for denying the assholes their source of power?[/quote]

Nope.

It happens rarely from the accidental friendly fire death.

bread's done
Back