Best Game Value 2007

I can't imagine how The Orange Box can't win...

I have it, but haven't played it yet (THANKS RROD) but still, even at $60 (I got it for $40), its an insane deal.

Orange Box for value, no one evern compares in value, sure the other games are awesome, but this is the best value, HL2 by itself could be $60, i would probobly even buy Portal for $60, then TF2, and the 2 HL2 Episodes are in there with it.

If I were to pick one, I think I'd have to go with Super Mario Galaxy. I see myself playing this a lot more of this. Though I should probably be saying Halo 3 as I'll be getting far more playtime from that then any other game of 2007, but it's less personal value and more multiplayer value with friends.

I would be voting Black Box (Portal & TF2) but they cancelled it. Don't want to pay for a game which I already own pretty much half of (And didn't care much for), so Orange Box is out for me.

2008 will belong to either Unreal Tournament 3 or Super Smash Bros. Brawl for me, but I forsee the overall winner to be Brawl.

[quote name='radjago']PICROSS DS! Over 300 puzzles in the box, over 200 downloadable puzzles available from Nintendo and shared user generated content, create and share your own puzzles, daily mode puzzles, online multiplayer, and mini-games all for the low, low price of $19.99.

Don't let the Orange Box fool you. Portal only has 19 chambers, TF2 only has 5 maps, and HL2 Episodes 1 and 2 are really just expansion packs.[/QUOTE]

Picross gets my nomination as well. Amazing how much you got for $20.

Fire Pro Wrestling Returns (PS2)

I'll vote for The Orange Box when the polls are up, though.

[quote name='radjago']
Don't let the Orange Box fool you. Portal only has 19 chambers, TF2 only has 5 maps, and HL2 Episodes 1 and 2 are really just expansion packs.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much. It's far from the amazing deal that everyone makes it out to be.

You almost have to have a separate category for compilations (a la Orange Box), and maybe even a separate category for re-releases/ports that come out at lower price points.

For "new" games, I would say definitely Zack & Wiki. I could have paid $50 for this and felt like I got my money's worth. Mario Galaxy is right there also, and would win if I considered the $25 gift card. Wii Play gets honorable mention, but it's almost unfair to consider it since you get the Wii-mote with it.

Speaking as someone who'd never played Half-Life 2 until the Orange Box, there's simply no competition in this category. I can understand if someone wants to argue the Orange Box's worthiness by pointing out that HL2 and Ep1 were available before this package, but to point to game length is grasping for straws. It's not as though HL2 is a snack, it's a full-length epic and former GOTY. The two Episodes are just as long as any FPS expansions I've ever played, and better simply by being HL2 inheritors. Even Portal, which lasts a scant few hours, is better than most 20+ hour games I played in 2007.

MOST worthy? Easily Orange Box. Its nto GOTY but its close and offers the most and largest entertainment that also varies in diffrent areas

Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, PS2. $10 for the greatest wrestling game franchise of all time? If you don't think this game is a hell of a bargain, check out fireproclub.com and see how much can be done with $10.

I'll also nominate Puzzle Quest DS.

Call of Duty 4

Orange Box is a great value initially but how much more are you gonna play it when you've played through the games once? It has Team Fortress 2 but the multiplayer is boo boo. Call of Duty 4 on the other hand is hot fire and I (like many others) will be playing the hell out of it for months to come.

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, the sheer amount of gameplay packed into these games makes the 34.99 purchase VERY worthwhile. You can get 300 hours easy out of just one of these games, I know I have.

Orange Box has an epic FPS, two subsequent installments, my favorite game of 2007 (Portal) and for longevity, a spectacular online component. Can't beat it.

Not voting for Orange Box is a lie.

bread's done
Back