Best Game Value 2008

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Using the above polling system, please vote for Best Game Value
What was the 2008 game that was most worthy of its full retail price?

Last year's winner:
Best Game Value: The Orange Box

When one typically thinks of EA published games, the term "value" is usually does not immediately come to mind. However, with the release of The Orange Box, EA showed they can definitely put out a package well worth your $60. The Orange Box is full of quality content, containing the award-winning Half-Life 2 and its two expansion packs, along with the excellent first-person puzzler, Portal, and the team-based multi-player shooter, Team Fortress 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection for the Wii - worth it and then some
MLB Power Pros 2008 for the PS2
Metal Gear Solid Essentials

I'm going to break from the norm and suggest an import title: Daigasso! Band Brothers DX for the Nintendo DS. Last I checked, its download service has over 4000 songs, and even though you are only limited to an undeletable 100 songs, it would be tough to not find something you like if you're into J-Music and anime/game tunes. The rhythm game aspect is more varied and well done this time around; throwing in guitar strumming and karaoke to the regular rhythm game.

Other Nominations:
Yakuza 2: A price tag of only $30 for a game with an epic storyline that was vastly improved over the first, with better combat controls, more quests, and the much-needed Japanese voiceovers with English subtitles. Here's to hoping that the samurai spin-off and the third game comes over.

Patapon: Only $20 gets you a solid and original rhythm RTS that has the potential to be addictive.

I'm trying to think of what would be the best Wii nomination, but I figure that, not counting VC/WiiWare, it's between Blast Works and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Counting WiiWare, then World of Goo would be a potential contender.

Best deals? The Steam packages where you get every freaking game from a company. Some weekends, you can pick it up for half off!

Its a tie for me Banjo Kazooie and Left 4 Dead. Banjo mostly for the customization and the price point. Left 4 dead for the replay value and community support and teamwork that makes this game awesome on xbox live.

Viva Pinata - TIP.

If its a game under $40 new and my wife is excited about it and I dont mind playing it, thats even better.

3 games easily.

battlefield bad company. really great shooter that is unfortunate its a kinda under the radar title. been playing it strong since release.

fallout 3 - an epic rpg that you can easily pour 100+ hours into, and even if you dont, just experiencing the game for one playthrough is epic and satisfying enough.

rock band. 1/2 - just damn fun :p

I think I'm going to have nominate a Dark Horse candidate here, Burnout Paradise, which gave us a TON of FREE DLC and dropped extremely quickly to a $30 price.

bread's done
Back