Best Game Value 2008

GTA IV is my top pick (as it usually is). It didn't take me as long to get 100% as it used to, but the main story has great length, and there is great variety in the multiplayer modes.
Runners-up: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, as I wasn't sure I'd love making vehicles until I started making a new one for almost every mission (because I wanted to, not because I had to); and Burnout Paradise, with its consistent free DLC updates.

Rock Band 2.

Even if I hadn't gotten it on sale, the quality of the instruments and excellent game really impress. Just a decent electronic drum kit will run you a lot more than the whole band kit.

Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2. If downloadable games don't count, then I guess Persona 4? Pretty incredible reviews, supposedly nothing to sink 100+ hours in, and it's, what, MSRP of $39.99?

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts presale. You got the old game on XBLA and the new game for $40. And then the $30 dollar sale soon after was actually the same deal, $30 N&B, $10 XBLA game.

[quote name='Cao Cao']I'm going to break from the norm and suggest an import title: Daigasso! Band Brothers DX for the Nintendo DS. Last I checked, its download service has over 4000 songs, and even though you are only limited to an undeletable 100 songs, it would be tough to not find something you like if you're into J-Music and anime/game tunes. The rhythm game aspect is more varied and well done this time around; throwing in guitar strumming and karaoke to the regular rhythm game.[/quote]

This gets my vote, too. I really didn't need to buy any other DS games during the time I've owned Daigasso DX.

The game is great, I've played it a ton, and I still have 80 songs I can download in addition to any I create myself.

Little Big Planet.
My second choice would be Yakuza 2. Price point of 30 bucks, and frankly, a lot better than many of the next-gen action games out there.

rock band 2...they added so much dept with the expanded world tour mode, challenges and battle of the bands modes....with the always flowing downloadable content, you could theoretically keep playing it forever

metal gear solid 4 is my game. i spent 14 hours playing the game, but god i loved i t. it was great and i loved the story. i got attached to old snake and i didn't want the adventure to end.

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts when it first came out at least because of the voucher you received for the original game. a close second would be mass effect when its price drop came into effect

I'm going to have to go with Smash Bros. Brawl, it's one of the few games released earlier this year that I'm still playing and has an active community of players still playing it.

N+

For only $10, you get 500 levels, plus another 250 with the free DLC pack and two $2.50 200-level packs for a total of over 1000 levels of ninja-please awesomeness. Plus 4-player onilne or local co-op, vs modes, and a level editor.

Rock Band 2 - 100+ songs and an amazing setlist along with the endless replay value found in the different game modes. Best value of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back